Holiday Magazine S/S 2024 : The Kathmandu Issue

BalkaniStaCouture

Reaction score

HOLIDAY MAGAZINE N°393, THE KATHMANDU ISSUE​

The Kathmandu Issue

Kathmandu is not just a place. It is also a word that encapsulates a legend and an era. Holiday magazine has followed up on its Paris issue by delving into this iconic destination. Sharif Gemie recounts the travels of the hippie-trail idealists, Samrat Upadhyay describes their arrival from a Nepali perspective, the novelist François-Henri Désérable shares his witty impressions after a unusual trip to the country’s heights, Valérie Steele deciphers the aesthetic influence of the region on Western fashion, Willy Van Rooy recalls a trip she took there in 1964, Ed Douglas asks several Sherpas for their view of the history of Himalayan mountaineering, Chanira Bajracharya talks about her life as a living goddess, and Sonia Awale gives us a few tips on the best treks to take to reach Kathmandu on foot. In other words, it is the destination to which all the pieces in this issue lead.

The photographers Olivier Kervern, Derek Henderson, Pamela Dimitrov and Deo Suveera plunge into the immemorial bustle and colors of Kathmandu and bring back their visions, while Mikael Jansson captures the surreal grace of both the valley and the model Rianne Van Rompaey. Their images are augmented by the work of local artist Sagar Chhetri and the Nepali reveries from afar of Ana Roque, Felipe Romero Beltrán, Dougal MacArthur, Milena Villalón and Alessandro Furchino Capria.

Welcome to The Land of Truth.
(holiday-paris.fr)

IMG_7784.jpeg IMG_7785.jpeg IMG_7787.jpeg IMG_7788.jpeg IMG_7786.jpeg IMG_7789.jpeg

One of my dreams is to visit Kathmandu. It truly looks magical.

I like the cover with the male model.

What they did to Rianne? :ermm:

Adore this magazine. It's exactly what a travel / lifestyle magazine should be these days (taking a deep dive into one topic or subject matter, with beautiful imagery). I used to love Condé Nast Traveler, but (like all Condé Nast brands) it has produced absolute trash the past five years or so.

Love this magazine! Def gonna get this one too. Rianne is just radiant and now I want that lilac dress too.

I bought the Paris issue and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of writings and photography.

this is how you do escapism at the very best

love it
Saw it too, loved it too. And I agree with Rianne, Instagram doesn't do justice to the story with such tiny picture size...

Without exception, fashion editorials always look better in print. But even through Instagram previews you can tell that this is going to be one excellent story! Stunning.

I’m not overly crazy about Rianne like everyone else on this forum but this editorial is beautiful!
Same here, not diving into every single little thing she does. But she's talented, very. And often delivers lil pearls like these.

I know I said I love this but having had some time to digest and see Rianne’s ed I can’t stop thinking if it would’ve been more appropriate and poignant if it was someone like Ashley Radjarame

Rianne & Mikael always create magic 🪄
so here's the textless coverstory (only the images of Rianne)

Sprit in the Valley
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Styling: Maria Joseph Gilchrist
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make Up: Hannah Murray
Model: Rianne van Rompaey

wandco-mgt.com

Rianne & Mikael always create magic 🪄
so here's the textless coverstory (only the images of Rianne)

Sprit in the Valley
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Styling: Maria Joseph Gilchrist
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make Up: Hannah Murray
Model: Rianne van Rompaey

wandco-mgt.com
So stunning! OMG Rianne… so talented! WowZa! ❤️❤️❤️

I know I said I love this but having had some time to digest and see Rianne’s ed I can’t stop thinking if it would’ve been more appropriate and poignant if it was someone like Ashley Radjarame
I don’t agree. Holiday was never that kind of magazine. Angelina Kendall is from Brazil and Steinberg from Russia and they were in Istanbul Issue, Andreea Diaconu is from Romania and she was in New Zealand Issue, it doesn’t go by typical things/point of view/choice or where the model comes from. That’s why I really like this magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->