Hong Kong Shopping

Does any one know anything about slashed/cut label products in Hong Kong. There are currently multiple stores selling contemporary brands such as Paul and Joe, Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs for really cheap. Ive seen stores on Granville Rd and Johnston Rd. Are these products authentic? And are theyre more of these stores elsewhere?

there's a lot of these stores in Causeway Bay. I've always been a bit wary of the authenticity as these are also EVERYWHERE in ShenZhen. They claim that it's slightly defected products but sometimes I won't recognise the style at all. Their favourite claim seems to be BCBG lately but none of their 'BCBG' clothes are really BCBG if you know what I mean. You can find those stores in Hang Lung Centre in Causeway Bay (most likely to be authentic but also pricier and also many are whole sellers) or little boutiques in Soho. La Foret and Island Beverly has select boutiques that also sell slashed labels

At those places the Chloe/Lanvin/Chanel/Fendi stuff is ALWAYS fake!

Hang Lung place is for wholesalers only I thought - I thought you couldn't go unless you had a business card for a retail store or something?

At those places the Chloe/Lanvin/Chanel/Fendi stuff is ALWAYS fake!

Hang Lung place is for wholesalers only I thought - I thought you couldn't go unless you had a business card for a retail store or something?

No there are select stores in Hang Lung that lets you purchase retail.

There's also been a crop of warehouse sales from major brands lately. Received eight of those invitations in the past week, up to 90% off Vivenne Westwood, Moschino, Jimmy Choo, Marc Jacobs, Juicy Couture, Bulgari etc. Have posted all the invites on the blog. If you're interested, feel free to print out the invites.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I leave HK in a few days and I finally went to joyce warehouse and the lane crawford one today. didnt buy anything in either store but found one place on the floor below called Pompei and bought a Prada at half the price and no tax! thats one thing i like about hk is the no tax part. Didnt buy much on this whole trip except the purse and some jewlery at TSL. feels like a bust for my first time here lol.

So I leave HK in a few days and I finally went to joyce warehouse and the lane crawford one today. didnt buy anything in either store but found one place on the floor below called Pompei and bought a Prada at half the price and no tax! thats one thing i like about hk is the no tax part. Didnt buy much on this whole trip except the purse and some jewlery at TSL. feels like a bust for my first time here lol.

You gotta keep in mind that it's quality and not quantity! although both is the ideal combination hehe

there's a lot of these stores in Causeway Bay. I've always been a bit wary of the authenticity as these are also EVERYWHERE in ShenZhen. They claim that it's slightly defected products but sometimes I won't recognise the style at all. Their favourite claim seems to be BCBG lately but none of their 'BCBG' clothes are really BCBG if you know what I mean. You can find those stores in Hang Lung Centre in Causeway Bay (most likely to be authentic but also pricier and also many are whole sellers) or little boutiques in Soho. La Foret and Island Beverly has select boutiques that also sell slashed labels

thank you so much for your help! i seems that these stores are getting away with posting labels such as bcbg, lanvin and marni on just about any item of apparel. your blog is also amazing..im back in hong kong again in august and so disapointed i missed the fendi sale a few months ago!

going to HK in two weeks. Are the summer sales still going on or have they ended, like here in the states??

I've been to HK once before. I noticed that there are alot of shops that sell second hand handbags. Are these authentic? some of the LV bags looked fake. which shops are reputable?

Also, where is a good place to buy a rolex or cartier (real please)?

Thanks everyone for your help!

going to HK in two weeks. Are the summer sales still going on or have they ended, like here in the states??

I've been to HK once before. I noticed that there are alot of shops that sell second hand handbags. Are these authentic? some of the LV bags looked fake. which shops are reputable?

Also, where is a good place to buy a rolex or cartier (real please)?

Thanks everyone for your help!

hi sorry for the lateeee reply,
for those 2nd bag store, "Milan station" is the oldest one, and its reliable. but of coz always check the bag detail carefully to make sure.
for rolex and cartier...most of the decent jewelery stores sell it. but i think the price is fixed like the official cartier store... not sure

I love going to Argyle Center for cheap clothing, shoes, accessories! I also like the stores around Granville Road. HK's also where I get my H&M fix, as there is none here in the Philippines.

The city-wide sales are from June to August, I think. I'll be there in March, and I can't wait to go shopping. I'm so glad it's only under two hours by plane from where I live. :smile:

i know women's selection there is for teenager who wears size 0 :( very very small

I didn't notice the sizing, I just thought what was available was absolutely horrid and cheap. Maybe I went there when there was a bad selection? :(

does anyone know a good leather store in HK? *the one that sells leather jackets etc* like, the distressed and fitted ones, not really the basic leather jackets. i probably will visit HK in abt a month or so, helps are appreciated! :D

A bit late now, but I'd suggest Retrostone in Causeway Bay! :flower:

Does anyone know of some good vintage places to shop at in Hong Kong? I'm more into bags and shoes, vintage or not, but I don't have a lot of time to shop when I'm there at the end of this month. The bags and shoes could be designer or not.

Also I heard warehouse shopping is ok in Hong Kong? Is that true?

Heading to HK in November so I thought I would revive this thread.

My style leans more towards All Saints/Rick Owens/Helmut Lang-but I'm hoping to find some local (ie cheaper) shops with that kind of aesthetic.

Any suggestions? I'll be staying in Sha Tin so anywhere on the Kowloon or Island side is fine.

There is a Prada outlet in Ap Lei Chau that sells authentic bags for a cheaper price then normal stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->