How do you get that perfect runway face..

Kristina

Reaction score
..without pimples and what not :doh: I have combinated skin with an oily tzone. For the moment I use:

MAC Select cover up (green)
MAC Hyper real foundation
MAC Studio fix

+ blush and mascara

But I can't get it to look nice! :angry: I don't know if I just can't put it on properly or what's wrong, but if a get a little bit close to the mirror it looks gross. And it gets greasy so I have to touch it up all the time. Or should makeup look like that up close?

And, how do I get my face clean and fresh? I've read that thread about models without makeup and they look amazing! How do they get their skin to look like that?

I hope you can help me :smile:

First you have to care of your ritual. Wash, scrub, mask, serum are the best prep before apply your make up. My sensitive skin has to pick the right products so I tried so many things to choose the best.

Recently I used Dr Hauschka for cleanse & tone. For wash I use Chanel Precision with a little scrub. Mask in Precision too to purify, then apply lifting serum from Chanel. Well, I don't know your age will be satisfied with lifting mask or not. After all cleanse, take serum or primer to long lasting make up. You can pick lets say Premium C from Helena Rubinstein, or Clarins beauty flash, or Nuxe, Nars, Mac strobe cream, whatever you choose. Then apply foundation, add shimmer powder, I took guerlain compact shimmer or meteorite. That's all for basic. Then you try any shadows, blush, lip gloss that suit your skin tone.

Lots of runway faces look icky close up as well cus they're so caked in makeup. I would be more worried about getting what is underneath right first.

I read an interview with a makeup artist and she said 'nothing looks more beautiful on a face than a smile' or something along that line. Maybe if you're that greasy you should deal with the underlying problems before trying to mask it...

Use A Brush To Apply Foundation. I Like To Use Maybelline Dreamy Matte Mouse In Nude - Its Inexpensive But It Gives Good Coverage.xxx

You're welcome. Always take off your make up before bedtime. And yesss, smile is important.

Do you have acne? Because if you dont i would just recommend a good pressed powder- i would say studio fix but it looks like your already using that. for your oily spots get some clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. Dont wear all of that make up if you dont have to! i know that runway make up looks beautiful in pics but it looks nasty in real life- i hate wearing it its so heavy, but from a far it looks nice.

Sweets said:
Do you have acne? Because if you dont i would just recommend a good pressed powder- i would say studio fix but it looks like your already using that. for your oily spots get some clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. Dont wear all of that make up if you dont have to! i know that runway make up looks beautiful in pics but it looks nasty in real life- i hate wearing it its so heavy, but from a far it looks nice.

Well sometimes I have it, it comes and goes.. I haven't found anything that works good yet. But I've heard of clean and clear, I have to go and look that up tomorrow. And the reason I wear all that makeup is because I have this rosacea type of thing, redness on my cheeks. And I hate it so much.. :cry: :cry: Well, thanks for your reply!

Use a salicylic face wash twice a day. This will penetrate inside the pores to break up the clusters of cells that clog oil glands and cause pimples. To keep blackheads from forming, deep-clean pores weekly with a clay mask. I ditto the comment about keeping bloating papers along with you during the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and not all models have that perfect runway face

00280f.jpg

They use a lot of lighting as well. Ask them to step out in broad daylight and they will look awful.

I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet, but I've read in a couple places that MAC foundations/powders can be a bit heavy for day to day use. And Hyper Real is not really the best foundation for oily-combination skin. Try a liquid makeup that's especially formulated for combination/oily skin. I know Lancoem has one, Adaptive, that specifically for combination skin, and Clinique has some as well( and so do most other major makeup brands- Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Prescriptives, etc). Second, try using loose powder to set your foundation, instead of pressed. Pressed powder, in my experienece, works best for touch up throughout the day. However, as mentioned above- use Blotting papers if you feel greasy tduring the day, and then, if you still feel like you need it, add a bit of powder. But, use the blotting sheets before any powder. Otherwise, you'll just end up looking cakey.

Lastly, you may want to look into putting on some T-zone oil control gel before putting on any makeup. I know Clinique makes one and Lancome has just came out with a new line, called Pure Focus, that is specifically designed to help control oilyness, with a cleaners, toner, T-zone mattifier, a mask, etc. HTH!

Perhaps you can just stick with conceler and maybe poweder? Fondation can be so heavy, and make your face cakey and unbreathable. Or perhaps try a lighter fondation. Try Loreals Perfect Match or Lancomes ID. They are both light, cover well, adapt to skins texture which helps ease up on the cakey look.

Next, set your face with LOOSE powder with a brush, not a puff. Loose powder has less of a tendancy to cake up, and its great to set your fondation with.

If you have oily areas like Sapp said, get some blot sheets. And touch up with those. Or if you must use powder, try Macs Blot powder. It doesnt add any color or coverage, simply gets rid of oil. I love their blot powder.

Then of course good skin care is a must. I like clinques 3 step skincare system and i like their scrub. Also, the tea tree scrub and pore mask is awesome at the body shop.

Thank you both! What does the Lancome foundation cost? I'm really curious about the dream matte mousse, but I've heard that cheap foundations are bad for your skin, is it true? And do you think I should stick with the select cover up or is there any better concealer? It must be available in green to reduce my redness. And a last question, what brush should I use for loose powder? Any pics?

Thank you :flower:

ok, i have naturally very clear smooth skin but its quite plale and i do get a bit of redness so heres what i do:

1)after face is washed i use Chanel Precision Hydramax gel creme (i find for my skin tone its not too thick and is very cooling)
2)i then use Chanel Universal fluid foundation, applied with a foundation brush as i find you get a much better coverage.
3) then for any unwanted redness i dust my jawline and apples of my cheeks with
Estee Lauder blushing bride red neutrilizer (honestly feels like youre spritzing your face with water).
4)then i use a very light bronzer by Pout on apples of cheek, spread upwards towards the cheek bone, and maybe a little accross my forehead and bridge of nose.
5) finally i get rid of any dark circles or blemishes with YSL touche eclait, and cos its light reflecting if you draw two half circles from the nose, under the cheekbone to below the temples (and blend in) it makes your blush/bronzer stand out more.

hope that was as coherent as it sounded in my head, lol.

I cant do make up lol. I used to be really good at it then something happened :( and now im crap its vry odd and werid lol

Well, my biggest problem with acne was the dark spots left behind. I've started applying Jason's c-light all over my face. It's pure vit. C, AHA's and some other stuff. It's really made a difference. Also, I only use natural skin products since my makeup has all kinds of chemicals in it. Zia makes a wonderful 2 minute exfoliator that imparts a fresh healthy glow..
http://www.zianatural.com/
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hono/078522501350.html

You can get all that stuff if you have a Whole Foods Market in your area

Re: the powder brush-- I suggest the biggest fluffiest softest one that you can afford. I currently use one by Hard Candy (I can't afford much.) This is my dream brush: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P5614&categoryId=B70

Felt so good on my skin in the store :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to breakout a lot, but now I used cliniques acne system. My favorite moisturizer is oil of olay's complete. I also cant do without my jaqua face mask-- this stuff is heaven for my face. For makeup, I use bare escentuals. My skin is really clear and even-toned now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->