How do you organize your closet?

I have two closets, one is in my bedroom and another one is located in living room. I put most of my dresses and shirts fine cloths in the closet of bedroom , and leave all the winter coats , leather jackets , and wool pants / dresses in living room closet.
Beside that I have two dressers ,
Dresser 1. has each section with bra, underwear, socks, leggings.
Dresser 2. tank tops, summer shirts, jeans, skirts/ shorts and finally my cashmere sweaters .

Growing up with a depressed mother who never organized the apartment / closet and everything , I hate to be messy and thanks goodness those days are gone forever !

I have 3 closets; one which is used for coats and heavy outerwear, another which is used for dresses, folded pants/jeans, my collection of scarves, and boxes of shoes. The third is a free-standing clothing rack which is where I keep my current seasonal pieces. On my large dresser I keep all my purses in a row. Being able to actually see your clothing in the morning makes getting dressed all that much easier!

i agree...
i don't know who came up with this idea of sticking everything in a cupboard or drawer and hiding it away...
seems entirely impractical...
frankly, i'm still considering the idea of putting my books in the closet and my clothes/shoes on my shelves~
we shall see...

along that vein-
i got a couple of fixtures from a store that was closing...
an earring tree and a free-standing 4-way rack with multiple arms...
gonna use that rack for scarves, hats and possibly some bags...
like a coat rack, but more industrial and less decorative...

haven't fully organized it yet, but it's already awesome~!
yay!
:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned before that I have my shoes in a quadruple tower of clear Container Store men's shoe drawers (more breathing room, good for heels) in a corner of my bedroom. I find it quite decorative, and it really helps with wearing my different shoes, I think. Sometimes I like to use shoes as a starting point for building an outfit, and it makes them nice and handy for that.

Closet in serious need of re-organization.
You’d think this would be no problem for me, but when you have as much stuff as I do it’s not so easy. Ugh

I had a mate of mine build a cute little bench rack for my shoes, and a smaller version for the hallway entry. I don't need much space as I keep my wardrobe small and season appropriate. The rest generally gets stored in the guest room. My nan, embarrassingly enough, still have one of those tacky plastic hanging shoe racks in her room!

I always wonder how often do people give away or throw away stuff, especially if it’s “branded’ ( not necessarily expensive if it’s bought on sale)?

I tend to keep things that I never wore because I think there will be an occasion that I will wear it, or because if it’s really beautiful like a piece of artwork, do you guys have such problem?

I think I have a serious hoarding issue...

I always wonder how often do people give away or throw away stuff, especially if it’s “branded’ ( not necessarily expensive if it’s bought on sale)?

I tend to keep things that I never wore because I think there will be an occasion that I will wear it, or because if it’s really beautiful like a piece of artwork, do you guys have such problem?

I think I have a serious hoarding issue...

Lol, makes no sense Vetements! Why keep it if you're not wearing it? I used to do the same but then eventually it lands up at a charity because reality hits home at some stage. Often I would buy items, get home, and hang them in my cupboard for months. But I stopped that. The entire shopping process must slow down. Meaning no longer buy stuff on impulse. That was primarily my issue....impulse buying. It took some time for me to ditch that bad habit.

As for the issue of hoarding, did you know that it's linked to narcissism? Think about it. The idea of having loads of items at your disposal 'should' you need them screams narcissism. I

Lol, makes no sense Vetements! Why keep it if you're not wearing it? I used to do the same but then eventually it lands up at a charity because reality hits home at some stage. Often I would buy items, get home, and hang them in my cupboard for months. But I stopped that. The entire shopping process must slow down. Meaning no longer buy stuff on impulse. That was primarily my issue....impulse buying. It took some time for me to ditch that bad habit.

As for the issue of hoarding, did you know that it's linked to narcissism? Think about it. The idea of having loads of items at your disposal 'should' you need them screams narcissism. I

haha! I know! I really should think harder before buying something, I think that is the ultimate to getting lesser, I always tend to look at a shirt and think, yeah I like this little detail, or this different fabric, or this different cutting or this different shade...

As for narcissistic, I am really not sure, but I dont take selfies and post them on insta, at all, that is for sure :blush:

I don't think it's narcissism, just a habit typical of reckless consumerism and a status-driven society. Also the whole philosophy of mainstream fashion abides by the more the merrier, the seasonal format (which is now multiplied in cruise, pre-spring and whatnot), magazines, the meaning of "a collection", it's all about fomenting compulsive shopping.. so someone that claims to love fashion will usually tell you with no hint of shame that shopping for obscenely priced pieces or shopping on a regular basis or being the proud owner of a disproportional amount of shoes is something natural that just comes with a very serious appreciation for fashion.

Anyway, I rarely shop because I don't like anything and my biggest concern is moving around countries.. having minimal stuff is a nightmare so I can't imagine having more. I do have about 5 items maybe that I invested on because... they were beautiful and I wanted them and god knows I never want anything so, yeah. I rarely wear them and for the longest time I had a Jil Sander dress that had no chances cause it was so damn thick and too.. fancy I guess. And then years passed, life changed direction and I ended up going to opera houses under 0 degrees and bam, that's what that dress was made for. A seemingly pointless purchase worth every penny.

Sad ending with a lesson on impulsive decisions: after a few times I struggled to close my bag while traveling, I grabbed that thick dress and another obnoxiously thick scarf, looked up closest mail office and shipped that stuff away so they would get home first and stop getting on my nerves. And yup, package got lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MulletProof that sounds like a story for the fashion tragedies thread!
:shock:

glad it got to go to the opera with you before it got 'lost in space'...

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->