How Much Sleep Do You Get?

When i work evening shifts from 3pm to midnight- i sleep from about 2am to 11am (its soo easy to sleep in!) so usually 10 or 11 hours

When i work morning shifts from 7am to 4pm- sleep from midnight to 5...i dont have the discipline to go to bed early so i only get 5 or 6 hours!

Being the manager you can understand why i give myself mainly evening shifts!! ahaa

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually 6 or 7 hours during the week and 8 or 9 on the weekends . . . and then one day a month I totally just crash and sleep all day (weekends only of course). Today I woke up at 3PM :o

It's a rare week that I work less than 50 hours. My average week is 55 - 60 hours. That makes sleep hard and what's worse is that I'm in my last full time school semester (Dec 2010!).

Needless to say, sleep is precious and I really only get 4-6 hours a night with big lumps of sleep on the weekend.

gosh today 2 hours o_o when normally it's about 5-6 plus 10 in weekends.
no need to say i love sleeping ^_^

Not enough i think, but after reading some on here quiet a lot, depends, sometimes i will go to sleep at like 1am and wake up at 10, sometimes i will go to bed at 11 or 12 and wake up at 10, hmm? :smile:

I need minimum 8 hrs sleep a night otherwise I can't function the next day and during the hot summer months I like a short nap during the day to restore my energy levels.

6-7 hours. It takes me like an hour to get to sleep because I always think randomly when I try to get to sleep. :(

4 hours, on average. I work 15 hour days, and spend about 3 hours at the gym.

It's taken a toll on my skin and eyes though. My eyes tend to develop horrible grey bags about them, but with the help of certain serums, it doesn't look too bad.

Usually about 7 hours, however I function best with 9 hours of sleep.

4 hours, on average. I work 15 hour days, and spend about 3 hours at the gym.

It's taken a toll on my skin and eyes though. My eyes tend to develop horrible grey bags about them, but with the help of certain serums, it doesn't look too bad.

for real? :shock:how do you function with so little sleep? I wouldn't be able to work and leave alone working about, I feel soo bad when I have less than 7 h of sleep, it's hard to even walk for me when I am that sleepy, I need at the very least 7 h of sleep, but over 8 (9-12 h) is perfect. I never get enough sleep it seems, I am jealous others can get away with much less sleep than me and feel energetic

18 hrs without sleep is the equivalent of having a blood alcohol level of 0.05%, which is over the limit for driving in some jurisdictions.

for real? :shock:how do you function with so little sleep? I wouldn't be able to work and leave alone working about, I feel soo bad when I have less than 7 h of sleep, it's hard to even walk for me when I am that sleepy, I need at the very least 7 h of sleep, but over 8 (9-12 h) is perfect. I never get enough sleep it seems, I am jealous others can get away with much less sleep than me and feel energetic

I work in IT, in a start-up, to be more specific, where nearly everyone works those many hours, and where going without sleep for 48 hours on end is a rather frequent occurrence. I know it's not terribly healthy, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. Besides, I'm only 23, and I'm sure I won't be able to function the same way a decade later. :smile:

I've been working out for the last 7 years, so even that has become second nature now. I suppose I could squeeze in a few more hours of sleep if I quit the gym, but I'm irrevocably in love with food, and pig out rather than quaff down cans of Red Bull :smile:yuk:smile: when I pull all-nighters. I don't drink or smoke, so binging on crisps, pizzas and other unhealthy food is my only vice.

It suits me, this routine, and like they say, if it ain't broke... ^_^ It's definitely not a very healthy lifestyle, though. :blush:

Does anyone sleep polyphasically? :muscles:

screenshot20110906at125r.png

wiki

^ I read about it in "Men's Health" while waiting my turn in "the Beauty salon" :blush: (actually it's just a place where I get my hair cut), anyway
I read the article and really found it interesting but they emphasized the fact that you need to be already very healthy to do it.
My biggest question is/was: Does it really work?
Have You tried it?

I do: Everyman for some two/three years.
I found Biphasic and Everyman not so disruptive, but Ubermensch
is near impossible! unless you're an ascetic monk or alone in the
wilderness. If you're not comfortable sleeping in public, you'll have to
add and rearrange naps constantly.

I work in IT, in a start-up, to be more specific, where nearly everyone works those many hours, and where going without sleep for 48 hours on end is a rather frequent occurrence. I know it's not terribly healthy, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. Besides, I'm only 23, and I'm sure I won't be able to function the same way a decade later. :smile:

I've been working out for the last 7 years, so even that has become second nature now. I suppose I could squeeze in a few more hours of sleep if I quit the gym, but I'm irrevocably in love with food, and pig out rather than quaff down cans of Red Bull :smile:yuk:smile: when I pull all-nighters. I don't drink or smoke, so binging on crisps, pizzas and other unhealthy food is my only vice.

It suits me, this routine, and like they say, if it ain't broke... ^_^ It's definitely not a very healthy lifestyle, though. :blush:

I used to have similar work hours to you; 15h/day not uncommon...I always tried to get in 6 hours of sleep minimum though, but still, under eye circles were just terrible...and after an occassional all-nighter I'd sometimes look like I'd been in a fight :ninja:

I managed it for over 10 years and but now, I swear to goodness, not only do I need 8 hours a night but if left to own devices, my body would take 10+ hours no problem...almost like pay-back time for all the sleep deprivation I put it through...

Good skincare does make a difference though :flower:

I sleep about 8-10 hours. Sleep as much as you need to, it's really unhealthy not to (no matter if you're "used to it" or not). I like my brain functioning, it basically doesn't function its best if you are sleep deprived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->