How to wear socks

I'm not a fan of showing or drawing any attention to my socks. I despise 3/4 pants and have absolutely no patience for shorts.

I love the idea of matching socks to a shirt ... as well I like people who go blod with them .. like wearing mostly grey ona suit with a white shirt and then pairing em up with pink socks.

About socks and heels, I worry about them slipping, no idea how girls do it.

And about socks and sandals, personally, i think the only ones who can pull 'em off are geisha imho.

060714.jpg

Tabi socks + geta sandals = winning convo!!!

Image from blog-eda.net

Last edited by a moderator:
basal level: match with pants (never with shoes)
advanced level: match with shirt or other parts of your outfit like accessories, tie etc.
expert level: ignore all rules :wink:

personally I’m fond of socks with patterns that allow the matching to multiple parts of my outfit.

I always loved the heels + socks combo. It always seems to look uncomfortable though. I wonder if there's a secret to it. You'd think that you would need to buy shoes a size and a half larger in order to make room for the sock underneath. :doh:

rubjb5.png

seaofshoes.com

i do think that you need to have some extra room in your shoes to put thicker socks in them...
(1/2 size up is plenty of room)
otherwise the socks all bunch up and look smushed...:ninja:
not good!

and the other issue is that if you wear thick socks with your shoes all day...
they get stretched out and then you can't wear them without the thick socks..
:doh:...

i also think it's important to have the right socks for such an endeavor and make sure that they are straight and even...
*in the pic above...
the ribs are not straight and you can see part of the bottom of the sock on the inside of the right foot...
that would bug me to no end...
:lol:...
it's like wearing stockings with a seam at the back...
they have to be straight!

:judge:

very cute socks though!...
:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back