How to Wear T-shirts

I have an atheletic build (6', 176lbs, 42" chest). My favorite basic tees have been the plain tee shirts they sell at Armani Exchange. They're made of pima cotton so they're thinner and feel better than the standard cotton jersey most tees are made of. I prefer my tees to be slightly fitted, but not too tight where it will hug my bicep area. Length wise I prefer they stop right infront of with my belt is.

Meg said:
I'm not sure why a guy wouldn't want a shirt to be well fitted to him if he is skinny. I love skinny boys and the whole slim look of jil sander, helmut lang, dior homme, prada on men. I think it's very flattering. I'm not saying I don't also love guys who are thicker but there's no shame in a guy being skinny.

Thanks to the aesthetic those brands have developed I'm no longer ashamed of being skinny (for some reason no matter how much I eat or work out I can't bulk up)...

Fade to Black said:
Thanks to the aesthetic those brands have developed I'm no longer ashamed of being skinny (for some reason no matter how much I eat or work out I can't bulk up)...
Word up.B)

Relatively tight or 'snug'.
Linea or Rick Owens style.

The new Rick Owens long sleeve tees that just came in for Spring looked great...I didn't check the price or anything, but that is something that I will look into getting one of hopefully.

I wear my shirts depending on the kind of look I want. If I want a preppy boy look I wear the shirt fitted. If I want a more 'rougher' looking image then I wear a more looser XXL shirt and sometimes I have the front tucked into the pants if I have a big belt buckle and a blazer on. COO LOOK :wink:

atm, im really into the whole "shirt/tshirt" combo. a nice crisp well fitted shirt. with a tshirt over the top. i think its been mentioned, but ye i vouch for that, looks way cool.

correct

Boink said:
atm, im really into the whole "shirt/tshirt" combo. a nice crisp well fitted shirt. with a tshirt over the top. i think its been mentioned, but ye i vouch for that, looks way cool.

you mean a short sleeve tee over a long sleeve dress shirt right?
I like to take credit for that look.
my innovation is to wear a super dressy long sleeve under [maybe an english gingham or windowpane] and then a really faded vintage tee on top in contrast colors with artwork and everything looking very 70s.
{you can have cuff links or even better undo the cuffs or buttons so your dress shirt hangs loose or roll the sleeves!!}
the other proper ladies may gag but thats when you know youre rocking.
I like to say I invented this look but maybe tuleh got there first.

Fade to Black said:

I say why bother trying. like I said, I love this look on boys and so many of me and my friends say 'oh I love skinny boys' so don't ever be disheartened :heart: :flower:

how many?

as you know I often wear two or more tees & dress shirts together-
but-
HOW MANY tees should one wear at onCE?
IS THREE tees at once too much,. or good?
or FOUR tees at once?
I can match or mix colors & lengths thats no problem, I have more than 500 tees from the 70s-90s.
so how many at ONCE: 3 ? 4? more?? less??
need help.

lady grey said:
as you know I often wear two or more tees & dress shirts together-
but-
HOW MANY tees should one wear at onCE?
IS THREE tees at once too much,. or good?
or FOUR tees at once?
I can match or mix colors & lengths thats no problem, I have more than 500 tees from the 70s-90s.
so how many at ONCE: 3 ? 4? more?? less??
need help.

Interesting question, I never considered it. I can easily imagine wearing three at once, but for some reason my mind balks at four. I imagine that it would feel bulky and look too "busy". I've never tried it though... if it seems like it's working, why not?

AlexN said:

:lol: :rofl:

OK so depending on the style of the tee I want, and the look I want...normally, my tees are so tight that I turn purple while sitting :lol: , I have some slouchy tees that I wear, with a belt on the waist, for a cute whatever look... I hate layering tees, it's a done trend, I only layer a James Perse tank under a tee that might be too short :doh:

Oh damn, I forgot, these are not tips for guys :lol:

I never really thought about it, but...

I just wear them under whatever shirt I'm wearing, be it polo, button-down, ect. or if fitted tee's, just on the outside.

Next week I'll be starting Yoga and Pilates (1st time:D ) and don't think it'll change how my tee's will fit or how I'll be wearing them.

tees

my look is all about the vintage tee over a dress shirt.
I invented it but tuleh has been getting the credit.

depends on the days..but mine are right fit, not too tight but not too loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->