i-D March 2008 : Raquel Zimmermann by Emma Summerton

mikel

Reaction score
285.jpg

:buzz:
t285.gif

Cover star: Raquel Zimmermann
insi-De THE WHO'S THAT GIRL? ISSUE: Let your hair down, paint those lips, flick your hair, and make like a supermodel. FASHION/FEATURES 164 Versace Donatella Versace is the embodiment of sheer fabulosity with a spring/summer 08 collection to match. Text BEN REARDON Photography ALICE HAWKINS Styling michael philouze 176 Anja With her statuesque body, icy European looks and cropped hair, supermodel Anja Rubik represents a physical vision of female perfection. Text JAIMIE HODGSON Photography RICHARD BUSH Styling sarah richardson 186 Jimmy Hairdressing legend Jimmy Paul works his magic wand on our weave wearing supermodels. Text HANNA HANRA Photography DANIEL JACKSON Styling marie chaix 196 Meghan Gorgeous Canadian Meghan Collison chats about grunge, her fast-track to supermodel stardom and her beloved skull ring. Text JEREMY ABBOTT Photography PIERRE BAILLY Styling cathy kasterine 206 Adam Kimmel New York-based menswear designer Adam Kimmel joins the dots between art groups of the ‘40s, ‘50s and the present day. Text MARK JACOBS Photography DAVID ARMSTRONG Styling adam kimmel 212 Chanel Embodying an all-American, athletic strength is Chanel Iman, the 17-year-old supermodel currently tearing up our catwalks. Text LAUREN COCHRANE Photography HANS FEURER Styling Erika kurihara 222 The-O East London’s outrageous performance artist, The-O, welcomes us in to his whirlwind, glitter fuelled world. Text HANNA HANRA Photography TUNG WALSH 228 Coco An individual rather than a clone sensibility, quirky supermodel Coco Rocha rocks (and Irish jigs) hard. Text HANNA HANRA Photography KT AULETA Styling francesca burns 240 Brady Rising indie star Brady Corbet talks about his latest role in Michael Haneke’s re-make of cult classic Funny Games. Prepare to be spooked. Text LEIGH SINGER Photography MATT JONES Styling alastair mckimm 246 Suvi Naughty Nordic, Suvi Koponen, is the fresh-faced supermodel with a sense of humour. Text HOLLY SHACKLETON Photography DANIEL JACKSON Styling marie chaix 254 Margiela Maison Martin Margiela celebrate their 20-year anniversary with a hard, clean, graphic vision of the future. Text BEN REARDON Photography PIERRE BAILLY Styling alastair mckimm i-DANDY, i-DARE, i-DUCK, i-DIVE 61 A new season demands a new you. Set about making yourself fabulous with i-D’s guide to this season’s looks, shoes and accessories. Take your imagination to new heights with Prada’s surrealist collection of toadstool heeled shoes and naughty nymph pyjama suits. Set your imagination free with surreal prints at Commes Des Garcons, Marc Jacobs and Viktor & Rolf. Get down with nature at Dries Van Noten and Balenciaga. Drool over the Richard Prince’s handbags for Louis Vuitton, or inject a bit of cartoon couture into your wardrobe with Miu Miu’s circus-inspired dresses, John Galliano’s pirates and Luella’s batgirls. Knitwear designer Louise Goldin talks us through her space-age swimwear, Stella McCartney gets up close and personal with a new range of lingerie, Maison Martin Margiela step in to the future with a slick new sunglasses range, while Lara Stone stands out as the sexpot model of the season, and Marni excel at everything. Feet fetishists can drool over Chanel’s gold rehab foot bag and fashion week regular Kanye West gives his low-down on the key trends he wants to see you rocking this season. i-DID, i-DIDN’T, i-DON’T, i-DO 270 RIOT GIRL: Art Special Louise Bourgeouis Following on from her hugely successful Tate Modern retrospective, i-D pays tribute to world-class Parisian artist Louise Bourgeois, now in her 97th year and still going as strong as ever. Text SKYE SHERWIN Photography MATT JONES 274 New York Art Girls Meet Rita Ackermann, Lizzi Bougatsos, Jessica Ciocci, Rosson Crow, Sarah Foster, Leslie Kulesh, Raina Hamner and Francine Spiegal, the gorgeous gaggle of super talented girls responsible for making New York City one of the most exciting art capitals of the moment. Co-ordination KATHY GRAYSON 278 Agathe Snow New York artist Agathe Snow talks to Mary Blair Taylor from Peres Projects about making the decision to show her work publicly and those important male/female gender distinctions. Interview MARY BLAIR TAYLOR Photography RITA ACKERMANN 282 Reviews This month’s must-see/must-read/must-hear film, art, print and music reviews, together with profiles on photographer and i-D contributor Marcus Thomlinson, new French leading lady, director Celine Sciamma, girls’ only Birds’ Eye View Film Festival, madcap literary periodical Le Gun, and everyone’s party pop faves The B52s. We also wave farewell to some of Blighty’s best clubs. 290 i-Con Mary J Blige The queen of hip hop soul Mary J Blige talks to i-D about her new album, married life and being just plain fabulous. Text HATTIE COLLINS Photography CHIDI ACHARA

i-dmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Anja was supposed to get this cover :(
Ah well. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

And I really hate how loosely the word 'supermodel' was used.
Chanel Iman is now considered a supermodel?
And Meghan Collison is on the fast-track into becoming one?

But there's also Suvi, Coco, Anja & Lara in this issue? I can't complain if they have model magazine issues.

I want to see the guide to this season’s looks, shoes and accessories.

^Anja said that Raquel will be on the cover and Raquel is

^^Anja was never slated to appear on this cover.

I think the cover is OK, I kind of like it!

i-D March 2008
"Meghan"
Photography: Pierre Bailly
Style: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Stephen Low
Makeup: Mary-Jane Frost

PB-0803-iD-Meghan01.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan02.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan03.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan04.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan05.jpg

scanned by leggy_e11e

continued:
"Meghan" continued ...

PB-0803-iD-Meghan06.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan07.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan08.jpg
PB-0803-iD-Meghan09.jpg

Ohh I thought that Anja said she was going to be on the cover and instead they had Raquel.
My bad :doh:

meghan looks sick in those picks and I mean that in a negative way.

The cover looks gorgeous! I don't like Meghan's editorial at all. Way too boring.

Suvi by Daniel Jackson, styled by Marie Chaix.

[source: premier]

Thanks, Nelly Cat! I love that. I don't exactly love Suvi's face, but no one can say that she's not a good model. :wink: I can't even recognize her in the close up.

Beautiful cover, she looks amazing, and stunning Suvi ed. Suvi needs a major cover soon.

love the suvi ed, thanks for posting. It has a certain Avedon feel I really like.

i was already thinking :yuk: when i read the title of this thread, but the cover isn't so bad at all really..
Meghan, on the other hand, doesn't look so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->