i-D August 2009 : Lily Allen by Alasdair McLellan

Lily :woot::woot: I love that girl so much and it's great to see her on the cover, although it's not her best photograph. I can't wait to see her editorial and read her interview (I hope there is one) as her interviews are always brilliant. She has a great personality and is alsways honest about what she thinks.

It's rather good for a "geek" cover posture. Lily is known for not trying too much and not giving a dam' . I like her rebellion with her typical insouciance air more than Beth Ditto's tensed revolution. As for Kate's styling... i-d stylist must get their days off too. Moss makes a wonderful replacement (praying they get back soon!)

I actually like it. I don't mind Lily (even though I'm anything but a fan of her) and that Spongebob-thingy is quite funny. The only thing that really throws me off is the hair :ninja: :yuk: But I'm excited about the contents!

What in Holy hell >_< Hate the Sponge as font.

but isn't that the point? especially since they have the word "geek" blazing underneath her.

She doesn't look geeky on the cover to me. She looks like she's missing a chromosome.

^ te he! agreed, I don't think geek when i think of lily, I think annoying little sh*t, or maybe, at best, pesky pixie.

That's not the best picture of Lily at all, still cute though. I would prefer it if Mr. Squarepants was on the cover, but ohhhh wells

Ohhhh not that stupid spoiled attanetion freak girl... why people like that get any publicity at all? stick to your musique and that's about the right amount of you to have....

Just bought it. For some reason the cover of my issue has a weird yellow graphic on top, which makes the already ugly picture even worse. And no Sponge Bob.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet but here's a quick ed. review.

Lily Allen by McLellan, styled by Kate Moss

Anreas Kronthaler by Juergen Teller

Simon Denis by Ben Dunbar-Brunton, styled by Simon Foxton

Natasa V by Laetitia Negre, styled by Benoit Bethume

Gibril and Sam P by Tom Allen, styled by Mark McMahon

Features on Evan Rachel Wood, Stephen Dorff, Sponge Bob, Gilbert and George and Anton Yelchin, among others.
No new ads that I could see except for a really cool APC ad with Jessica Miller and a men's Givenchy that I hadn't seen before.

Thanks for the review :flower:
Lily Allen styled by Kate ? Sounds like an interesting new :D

^The 'weird yellow graphic' is actually a line drawing of Sponge Bob's face, I'm just blind.

^Thanks for the review. :flower:

Natasa V by Laetitia Negre is the only thing that interests me so far. Thanks for the review!

^ this and Andreas Kronthaler by Juergen Teller.
apart from that... oh well! there are 5 pages of sentiments, similar to mine, about the whole thing LOL

No Jane How styled editorials? Pffft. She's the reason I buy i-D magazine.

^I much prefer that cover, rather than the one posted in #1. I quite like the shot on the chair as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->