i-D August 2009 : Lily Allen by Alasdair McLellan

Just like i expected nothing exciting. pseudo artsy poses/pictures.

I prefer the first cover over the new one posted above. Lily's ed is nice but could have been better.

i prefer the other cover, too..even though i do not necessarily like either.

I saw the issue IRL today and it was pretty damn weak...there was a focus on menswear, but the editorials did nothing special to highlight the clothes IMO and Teller's ed was terrible.

Natasa Vojnovic has a slightly Klein-esque ed (because it's in a stable :lol:) by some photographer I've never heard of, in B&W which was the only thing worthy noting...

i really like lily's editorial, and i prefer this new cover as well.

All the issues in my store only had the plain cover, and while the content was of no personal interest to me, this issue was much thicker than most other August magazines sitting on the newsstand. It actually felt like a normal magazine, as opposed to a flimsy pamphlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natasa is in this? :woot: Now, that's exciting. Looking forward to some pics :smile:

I love lily in these ... would be great to see HQ scans!

I love Lily but the styling does nothing for her...she can look way better than this.

lily's edit isn't bad actually

the issue sounds awful though but let's wait and see :P

i'm happy that we atleast get one other issue before it starts publishing bimonthly..would be such a shame if we had to wait 2months for another issue after this. -_-

God I'm slow I just realized that the yellow lines in 2nd cover is actually Sponge Bob

I picked the cover with the Spongebob logo :lol:
It's actually written "Summer 2009" on the cover and not "August 2009" :doh:

scanned by vogue28

HQ

^Great scan. I like it. It's indeed F.U.N.

My Pretty Seahorse

Photography Laetitia Negre
Styling Benoit Bethume
Model Natasha Vojnovic

(my own scans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back