i-D Spring 2020 : The 'Icons and Idols' Issue

LOVE Kaia's cover and ed (preview) She's so versatile! She looks so young (in a good way, it fits the theme) and so boyish/masculine/androgynous.

Well its not lying, this is THE The Icons And Idols Issue. I love all of it. Definitely buying this one in the future.

BINX WALTON AND FRIENDS IN JAMAICA (Full story, HQ)
Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jawara
Make-Up: Susie Sobol
Models: Anok Yai, Binx Walton, Selena Forrest, Adesuwa Aighewi & Paloma Elsesser

i-d.vice.com

KAIA
Photographer:
Willy Vanderperre
Stylist: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-Up: Lynsey Alexander
Model: Kaia Gerber

i-d.vice.com

This issue feels like the first output from i-D that's actually relatively "elevated" in a long time. I quite like Gigi's cover and editorial, although you can't really see her face in a lot of the shots. Kate and Sorrenti are fine. I'm a bit bored, but the cover is at the very least quite engaging.

Oliver HP's editorial has some moments, but then there are individual images that ruin the flow and look like some Insta/gang snaps. Dare I say, I don't find Paloma to be a good model based off of her work up until now. And she really looks out of place here - not necessarily because of her size.

Then you have Willy being awful like he's always been the past five years at least. And the waste of paper that is McLellan's editorial. Dull and pointless, including the casting and styling. I really find Carlos Nazario to be incredibly overrated, I think I've only liked one editorial of his.

^ Same here, in fact this is the best I've seen her imo. She looks incredible and totally rocking this look which I didn't expect she could.

Also in love with the Jamaica ed, especially Anok's shots. What a superstar.

Best issue of i-D in a really long time.

I-D LIPSTICK
Photographer:
Amy Troost
Hair: Esther Langham
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
Model: Binx Walton

i-d.vice.com

everything about gigi's editorial is top notch!!! that margiela collection was made to shine in print.

RÓISÍN PIERCE
Photographer:
Deirdre Lewis
Stylist: Sydney Rose Thomas
Hair: Junya Nakashima
Make-Up: Kuma
Model: Noah Carlos

i-d.vice.com

Good issue, didn't know I-D still had it in them. I like Vanderperre's neo noir edit, she made Kaia look dangerous somehow. That TV had already appeared in another edit of his for this magazine but I don't mind, cool TV.

photographer Josh Olins
stylist Max Clark
model Kerolyn Soares
hair Shay Ashual
make up Sally Branks

clm-agency

photographer Alexandra Leese
style Bojana Koracevic
model Lara Mullen
make up Georgina Graham
hair Akki

alexandraleese

Ventured out today and was successful in locating Kate's cover, in a sea of Adut, Rianne and Kaia over the weekend. The one copy was just sat there on the shelf today next to US Harper's Bazaar - clearly meant to be. Yay!

I haven't bought an issue of i-D in years, genuinely cannot remember which issue was my last but I'm very pleasantly surprised at how much better the magazine has gotten. It's a whole lot thicker than I recall, seems to have had an upgrade in paper quality and ultimately feels like a nice product to hold.

Everything (especially the blues of Sorrenti's story with Kate) looks wonderful in person. Also fond of the Chanel feature by Julien Martinez Leclerc which is terrific, very Meisel which is no doubt the reason why I'm so drawn to it. Another set of beautiful black and white portraits of Luna Bijl and Cara Taylor by Christian MacDonald. Yeah... well worth the £7!

That issue is a must buy ! I'm totally excited by the Cara / Luna story, dream cast perfectly executed story

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->