i-D Summer 2013 : The Time Is Now Issue

Sam's cover is the perfect idea of everything I dislike about i-D sometimes, the try to make an "edgy" street style kind of cover with humorous pieces like the Mickey Mouse jumper but it just doesn't work.

Grace and Julia look the best for me, Xiao looks cute and Lily even though I have never liked her in print or in person for that matter looks quite striking, the simple red lip with the flicked out straight black hair is magic.

Grace looks flawless, and Lily works really well on her cover.

I (surprisingly :ninja:) really like Lily's and Grace's cover. Xiao's is cute too, the rest is not so cute.

i-D has become very hit-and-miss for me. Their magazine isn't as consistent as what it once was. They used to produce such amazing and different covers to what other publications were doing. But now, it's a totally different story. I have parted with most of mine and just kept the good ones (Natasha Poly, Kate Moss and the fantastic Carine Roitfeld cover). These covers are so boring and safe. Alright.. so Lily McMenamy looks half-decent here.

I love Xiao Wen' and Grace' s covers but the use of neon green on the font is unappealing and annoying

Shame it's only old school by appearance, content became horribly underwhelming.

what is the point of doing so many covers?

Giving options for everyone, what is the big deal? Wish every magazine would do the same.

Sam and Lily's are my favorites so far! Grace's is nice too.

^ I guess the problem is that, instead of producing two or three well crafted covers they end up producing 25 haphazard messes (typically).

The only reason I kinda like Lily's cover is ebcause they're doing something weird with her lips that doesn't make them look like they're not attached to her face like they usually do. I like Grace's cover and I hope I get that one. I will say that I am really disappointed with the magazine. I thought it would be great when I subscribed last year but it seems to me that I started receiving it when it was starting to go to sh*t. Them doing multiple covers is so stupid and pointless because it makes this look like a magazine with ADD.

Gosh, i-D is kicking a** with their covers as of late. I'm totally getting Sam's cover. It's such a throwback to the Ramones with the hair and I'm so fond of the styling. Xiao's and Julia's covers are both striking, while the rest remain utterly boring.

i-D Summer 2013
Photography: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Styling: Elgar Johnson
Film: William Rees
Film Editor: Declan Higgins
Hair Tina Outen at Streeters
Make-up Kirstin Piggott at Julian Watson Agency for Rimmel London
Photography assistance Jack Wilson, Dani Bastidas
Styling assistants Warren Leech, Bojana Kozarevic
Hair assistance Charmaine Cox
Make-up assistance Caroline Sims
Set design Andrea Cellerino
Model Lily McMenamy at Next Paris

i-donline.com

i-D Summer 2013
Photography: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Jane How
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make-up: Miranda Joyce
Model: Sam Rollinson

selectmodel.com

Lily is such a lovely girl from that video and her ed previews look good.

Sam's ed on the over hand, the styling is terrible and it's just plain boring.

wow this is just...beyond bad! no one looks good at all...

i love Sam's editorial, Lily grosses me out and her interview she seemed so full of herself

Sam's is gorgeous and ditto on Lily she really grosses me out!
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->