If You Could Dress From Any Era, Country...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:38 pm
A bit chilly for today, but one of my favourite outfits! :heart:
ahh, that's the one I posted under Napoleonic empire style, but it is not showing up!

Originally posted by HBoogie+Mar 16th, 2004 - 2:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 2:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:38 pm
A bit chilly for today, but one of my favourite outfits! :heart:
ahh, that's the one I posted under Napoleonic empire style, but it is not showing up! [/b][/quote]
It's beautiful isn't it? One of my favourite periods... :blush:

1890s for a while, then 1930s. I wear both eras well, because of the shoulder emphasis. I have wide shoulders, but an overall slender build. I've modelled dresses from both eras and know I can wear it well.

I already do quite a bit of 1950s, 60s and 70s vintage in my daily wear. Some 1940s or 1940s-retro, as well.

1940's and 1950's :heart:

i also love tutu skirts, ballet shoes, corsettes..fairy themed things.

dancehobblex25.jpg

dior20.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 17 2004, 02:40 PM
More bustles... :heart:
http://www.artmagick.com/paintings/enlarge...tissot/tissot13
[snapback]190080[/snapback]​

:woot: thankyou so much for that link :flower: I'd been to that site before, but I completely forgot the address and couldn't find it again, you made my day :blush: :flower:

lately I've been liking the cuts and materials from Georgian England - oddly enough, more in men's fashion than women's. If a designer today took inspiration from that period I think they'd come up with an amazing collection - either for women or men :blush:

Originally posted by tiffany@Nov 8 2004, 03:07 PM
:woot: thankyou so much for that link  :flower: I'd been to that site before, but I completely forgot the address and couldn't find it again, you made my day  :blush:  :flower:
You're hugely welcome, what a wonderful thing to be able to do! Also, thanks for reminding me of this topic, it's one of my favourites.
For today-

Attachments

• warpeace.jpg
    warpeace.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 17
This dress is also awfully nice, by Sargent...

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 11
I'd love to wear something very 1930's Hollywood, debonaire, chic......can't find any pictures though. I'm thinking, tailored suit, single breasted, mabye in ivory with strong shoulders, a wide leg trouser , monochrome vest and shirt, first few buttons un-done, ivory and brown wingtip shoes, slicked hair and a cigarette.....

The sixties in London!!! :heart:

The 20's in Paris and the 70's in Goa(India) would be fantastic too!

dress2.jpg
imperial russia

1930s...like myrna loy's movie wardrobes

fff_aved.jpg
balenciaga 1948

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back