If You Could Dress From Any Era, Country...

shajopri said:
Personally, I'd spend my days in Sevillana flamenco dresses...

That sounds great!

Personally, I'd dabble w/that, might however go w/medieval (empire-waist) era where they had a lot of long hair and fairly simple, flowy styles. I might also be persuaded into some ancient Egyptian simple tunic-y situation w/jewelry. (Yes, could definitely go w/simple wrap cottons and some ornamentation.)

Now, wouldn't this be fun? :wink:

Attachments

• 18c-8.jpg
    18c-8.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
I have a few eras i would love to live in just for there style...
-1920s
-french revolution
-"pride and prejudice era 1800s

^^^^ Oh yes love that!:heart: I am into the whole french style! From Gigi-Charade-Funny Face! I watch old movies and wish I could go back in time:cry: I mean even back when they wore the long dresses and everything (even though that would be hot) maybe more of the 20's-50's!

* Like a rock godess
mariannemick8.jpg
Anita%20Pallenberg%20left.jpg

Meg said:
I second that Lolita! I want Victorian-era, French Revolution, 1800's, early 1900's big dresses, fake powdered wigs and dancing slippers. Basically I just want huge dresses.

ditto that sounds just beautiful :flower:

Victorian London,Weimar Berlin,16th Century Europe(when it was okay for men to be romantic and dramatic).

I would sample Braveheart (love the wedding scene--forget the name for the ceremony, hand something), Jane Austen's era with the sprigged muslin dresses (all the commenting on other peoples' figures and facial features is almost worse than now), 20s, 40s, 50s. Love that powerful 40s wartime look with the shoulders and the heels. Lots of pix of my great-aunts from that era ... the shoes are so cute with the chunky heels, cutouts, and little peeptoes.

Btw, I don't think liking corsets is anti-feminist ... all the best feminists wear corsets B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelnamedeva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->