I'm New And I Hate LV

Hey, if you don't like LV's that fine.. I mean I will buy a new one soon - everyones style is different and you should wear whatever makes you feel good - not what other thinks look good.

And if people laugh behind her friends bag because of a bag.. than I feel mostly sorry for them for being so superficial

:innocent:

hmm, if you own an "IT" DB bag then i am not sure you can actually say that people carrying LV bags do that to show off.
in the past years it has become that way... but it wasnt always like that.
LV was a classic, is a classic and if we all go back in time the craze with teens wearing LV bags all started off when it became affordable with the POCHETTE ACCESSOIRES :unsure:

when it comes to me, i surely DONT wear my bags to show off. i happen to like them and i had them long before they were "in fashion" :wink:
on top of everything else, the service i get at the Vuitton bouitiques is nowhere near ANY other boutique ive been to. so i got bags for a lifetime :woot:

I don't like LV. I just don't like their styles. I wouldn't buy an original if I could afford it, and I certainly wouldn't buy a fake or a knockoff.

My issue with LV is that most of their bags are too busy, and I don't like the colors and materials and hardware.

I really dislike the duotone brown monogram leather which I kind of see as being the "classic" LV trademark leather. I don't know why, but that two-tone brown has always just looked kind of queasy to me.

I think the ones like the Cherry Blossom and the one with the little alien would be adorable if it didn't have the monogram underneath of the graphic print.

The Multicolore, I really don't like. I don't like the colors, I think it is way too busy. Mostly, though, I don't like the colors. The turquoise, yellow, magenta, ect, look like the 8-bit color selction from an old-school Tandy TRS with a color monitor. (show my age a bit, shall I?)

That said, I don't fault anyone else for liking LVs. Some of their plainer stuff isn't bad looking, though still not my big thing. Some of their more bizarre stuff will probably become a sought-after classic long after the hype dies down. Moreover, I'm a G.D.I. of the fashion world--totally outside of the Luxe Loop, so I might just not be seeing or understanding what is so great about high-end goods simply because they are so out of my range that I will probably never even hold an LV, let alone think to buy one. If I had the $1-2k hanging around, it would be spent on restoring my car or buying plants for landscaping the yard, or getting a start on finishing out the attic of the house.

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:19 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:19 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:11 am
I could also point at you saying "You look stupid with that hideous IT Bag"  :innocent:
(ok I may not say that out but I do think that way  :lol: )
thats my point, i certainly feel that way and sometimes i even voice it out when i get a chance - so glad my friends dont sport IT bags even those that can absolutely afford them, its quite de-classè holding an IT bag in my circle, looks totally victimised and non elegant :innocent:
:lol: [/b][/quote]
See I would normally agree with the original poster except for the fact that she had to mention that she owns a Dooney and Bourke "It" bag. Same caca different pile if you ask me.

Lena, I can't believe you'd insult someone with that bag to their face. Something I could never do myself but I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when it happens. :lol:

:lol: Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion - i think sensitivity has to take fair play. I think if you don't like LV - thats cool, you don't have to, but dont dis anyone else who does, it would be the same if it were the reverse and your DB "IT" bag was the topic.

I don't particularly like LV, simply because its too "common" and i dont really do common, i have other designer bags, that are thankfully not plastered everywhere i go, i see them. I would like to think there are more grounded people around, who wouldn't simply buy a bag, because they want to give off a certain impression, thats just SHALLOW! I just love the vintage bags, and will buy them over a new bag any day, as long as they are authentic. I will still buy new bags, because i dont let anyone put boundaries on me. I plan to pass on all my bags to my daughters when they are old enough to appreciate and understand what they meant to me. Simple as :innocent:

One thing everyone should remember - RICH PEOPLE DONT SHOW THEIR MONEY- Fact. So carrying around any designer bag will not make people think you must be rich, not unless youre about 16. No offense to anyone who is 16, but only immaturity IMO would lead one to think this way. I bought my bags to match my personality and dress sense, not because i wanted, anyone to think im something im not. I am 10000% secure and confident within myself. I just think everyone has a bad habit, for some its drugs, others its sex, drugs, alcohol or some other evil. Mine is simply bags :lol:

Originally posted by banana@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:52 pm
See I would normally agree with the original poster except for the fact that she had to mention that she owns a Dooney and Bourke "It" bag. Same caca different pile if you ask me.

Lena, I can't believe you'd insult someone with that bag to their face. Something I could never do myself but I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when it happens. :lol:
i know, and you are right in both your remarks banana,
i would never insult anyone over a bag , thats true..

guess i got carried away, in the heat of the discussion :ninja:

Originally posted by banana+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(banana @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:19 am
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 11:11 am
I could also point at you saying "You look stupid with that hideous IT Bag"  :innocent:
(ok I may not say that out but I do think that way  :lol: )

thats my point, i certainly feel that way and sometimes i even voice it out when i get a chance - so glad my friends dont sport IT bags even those that can absolutely afford them, its quite de-classè holding an IT bag in my circle, looks totally victimised and non elegant :innocent:
:lol:

Lena, I can't believe you'd insult someone with that bag to their face. Something I could never do myself but I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when it happens. :lol: [/b][/quote]
banana i completely agree with you--- :flower:

Originally posted by tsur@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:39 am
chill out I wasnt insulting I was asking why?
there is a difference between lv and gucci, at least now there is as far as the money thing. my bag didnt cost 2000$ and its pretty modest. not brightly colored. Lv is like this club of cool people and all you have to do to get in is save enough money but you look dumb.

I am intitalled to my opinion, I said I think..... I wasn't saying you are stupid

My question was what are you thinking when you where that bag, like when people look at you what do you wnat them to see or think or what impression do you expect people to get?

Does it make you feel good or happy because you like the look? I just dont get it thats all. And what does think before you post mean? Why dont you think before you spend a bunch of money to look like a wannabe rich person that you probably aren't.

I have a friend that loves lv and I see people talk behind her back and roll their eyes at her. She thinks she looks so cool, but it is so overdone enough already with the lv thing be original!
While I share your negative feelings towards LV, I find your reasons for hating ironic. You say you love Gucci and hate LV? The two are almost identical in price, flashiness and in the reasons as to why most people buy them. Both are publicly traded luxury conglormerates that suck people's money out through heavy advertising and bribing magazines to have their crap on "MUST-HAVE LISTS" (oooh, how I hate these words!!!).

Please do some research on LVMH and the Gucci Group and get back to us.

Oh, yeah, one more thing, I personally don't give a crap as to what other people think about my clothes - that is SHALLOW.

i think we may have lost tsur...haven't heard a peep since the first couple of posts... :unsure:

You know what, we always scare people off.
My advice to all people who join the spot, is the first thing you should not do, is make a new topic. Everyone who does (with a few exeptions) gets shouted at.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:25 pm
My advice to all people who join the spot, is the first thing you should not do, is make a new topic. Everyone who does (with a few exeptions) gets shouted at.
Oh, you can start one in an intelligent, tolerant manner :flower:

well, it is a very unique board...it's not for everyone...i think the people who don't stick around probably don't really belong here...sort of a natural selection...survival of the fittest...birds of a feather...etc...:flower: they'll find another board with birds like them... :heart:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:25 pm
erhhh :ermm: excuses but i will not agree with your comment ahhGucci,
i cant see why new members should avoid posting
their own new topics right away, they are most welcome to give it a try
and they usually get quite friendly feedback

its true that tsur did not achieved the best possible reaction but i dont think
it was her/his own fault (after all she/he apologised in second post) it was more an over reaction from few 'regular' members that almost created a tense atmosphere here, but now, thats also gone :heart:

as for those that 'shout at' new members, please do be more tolerate and polite to our new guests :flower:

in anycase tsur raised an interesting topic and we are still posting on this

I detest all of LV's monogram bags and I only like a few of their non-monogram products. Their clothes are traditional, stuffy, expensive, French-boringness in general and not my kind of thing.

I don't care why people carry LV bags of the authentic variety - they are simply aesthetically repulsive to me. Of the fake variety they are simply horrible, unethical and carried by every fashionless teenage girl and her mother.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:48 pm
I detest all of LV's monogram bags and I only like a few of their non-monogram products. Their clothes are traditional, stuffy, expensive, French-boringness in general and not my kind of thing.

I don't care why people carry LV bags of the authentic variety - they are simply aesthetically repulsive to me. Of the fake variety they are simply horrible, unethical and carried by every fashionless teenage girl and her mother.
ditto your highness :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:58 am
so, whats wrong with not liking LV or IT bags ?
do we ALL need to slave for designer bags?
i dont get it , why do you LV bag-lovers feel 'offended'?
I'm not at all offended by Tsur's post, just maybe a little annoyed. I think that if a poster wants to encourage a disciplined, courteous dialogue, their own posts have to have those same qualities. Coming on as a new poster and immediately posting inflammatory, outrageous remarks isn't the way to go about things.

Lena, I'm sure you'd be a little miffed if someone new came on saying "I HATE COMME DES GARCONS" OR "I DESPISE MARGIELA EVERYONE WHO WEARS IT IS STUPID." Generalizations are never a good way to go about things and to generalize every LV bag owner as trashy labelwhores is a bit much. :rolleyes:

As for me, I've recently retired the two Murakami pieces I have but still routinely carry the Le Fabuleux. I think that Vuitton is definitely in a process of transformation right now, from a lesser-known "VIP" club of owners to mass-produced mayhem. A lot of old customers will be turned off in the next few years as more and more Midwestern 12 year-olds get their hands on these bags. I don't know if I'll continue to be along for the ride. As we get older, our tastes change and I find myself more and more turned off from aggressive advertising and so-called status.

But don't expect me at any time to come on to TFS to rag on everyone Vuitton fan and blast them to hell with rude comments.

Bravo, chick :clap:

A very balanced argument. I would never wish to judge someone's personality by the clothes they wear (although their clothes can provide an insight into their personality).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->