Iman Abdulmajid

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
finally, she came to her senses, glad she keeps her ethics in focus :heart:
Somalian model Iman is reported to have abruptly ended her contract with the diamond giant De Beers over a conflict of ethics.
Concerns that the corporation is exploiting the rights of the Bushmen of Botswana have prompted Iman, wife of singer David Bowie, to step down, the human rights organisation Survival International said yesterday.

The model, who showcased jewellery at the Cannes Film Festival last year at the diamond company's annual party, will not be travelling with them this year.

De Beers controls Botswana's diamond mining through a joint venture with the government. The company's desire to have full claims to the deposits under the Bushmen's land in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve has led to the government decision to evict the Bushmen from their ancestral land, according to charges by Bushman organisations and human rights groups.

Iman criticised the forced relocations of the Bushmen in an interview last month. 'It was clear that the Bushmen were being destroyed - you take people from their element and you end up with Aids, drugs and alcohol in the guise of advancement,' she said.

Iman's spokesman at her cosmetics company in New York declined to comment on the Survival International announcement.

from the guardian uk. :flower:

Originally posted by oanadobre@May 9th, 2004 - 4:55 am
Good for her! She deserves a big round of applause!
I second that :flower:

TRUE TO DAT!tHE DIAMOND TRADE IS VERY........DIRTY AND DANGEROUS ESPECIALLY HERE IN AFRICA!

DeBeers isn't known for fair and balanced trade practices, they're known for holding the world diamond market hostage for over a century. If more people knew what went into diamond mining, perhaps the market would be a bit different. Good for Iman for taking such a stance, even though she stands to lose money.

So now it's the fault of the groups that can exploit instead the indigenous that would have absolutely nothing were it not for the exploitative groups? Market forces. I like Iman and all but she's certainly not taking a stand against getting paid for the Tommy Hilfiger campaign which "exploits" Asian-under-paid laborers, is she?

Iman

Iman is one of the most gorgeous woman ever in my opinion. :flower:

Does anyone have more pics of her, particularly back in her heyday?

(from bwgreyscale.com)

Some pics of this lovely lady!!!:woot: :woot: :woot:

source: ebay

Attachments

• imanpix37.jpg
    imanpix37.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 44
  • imanthebest63.jpg
    imanthebest63.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 49
  • imanthebest61.jpg
    imanthebest61.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
She really is incredibly beautiful and equally elegant :heart:

One more pic:From VogueUS 1977, photo - Richard Avedon::heart: :heart: :heart:

Attachments

• vogue_us_january_1977_avedon_2.jpg
    vogue_us_january_1977_avedon_2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 73
More :smile:

dzfgc5.jpg

dzfitz.jpg

dzfixf.jpg

dzfj34.jpg

from bwgreyscale and Essence.com

Love Iman, She Is A Great Groundbreaking Model With A Great Attitude & Timeless Beauty! So Here Are Some Photos Of Her, Many From My Own Collection. Credits: Bruce Weber, Victor Skrebneski, Bazaar Magazine, Iman Cosmetics, I-iman.com & Bwgreyscale.com.

Attachments

• scan0299.jpg
    scan0299.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAN 1988.jpg
    IMAN 1988.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAN GREEN.jpg
    IMAN GREEN.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAN COSMO 85.jpg
    IMAN COSMO 85.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAN 1996.jpg
    IMAN 1996.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAN 1992.jpg
    IMAN 1992.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAN100.jpg
    IMAN100.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAN21.jpg
    IMAN21.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 2004-11 IMAN.jpg
    2004-11 IMAN.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
Iman is what a model should be, in my opinion:blush: . She is not only stunning, but she can make you belive that she uses the product, and likes it. :P

[from time.com]

race_04.jpg

What a beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->