Lily Cole refuses any future work for DeBeers

yourbestfriend said:
Polar Diamonds from Canada. They usually have a special certification for them.. :rolleyes:

And soon there should be those grown in a lab diamonds (identical in every way, same process as natural ones, just way speeded up) - can't wait for that, thought I wouldn't put it past DeBeers to patent the diamond and try to prevent it :rolleyes:

I wonder if the introduction of lab diamonds is going to make earth-diamonds more valuable and thus make some companies (i.e. DeBeers) more crazed about digging them up :blink:

Wow. I may be the only blind one here but I had no idea this was going on. This article makes you want to take a stand and help out. Is there anything we can do? A website we can go to?

The fact that I havent heard of this before shows the orginization needs more help. More publicity. Getting 3 models to boycott does nothing. There will always be one more model out there willing to do these ads. What they need to do is introduce all of this information to the public on a larger scale. International campaigns - ie, the dove campaigns. I havent met a person who hasnt seen them. The more people are informed, the more there is a chance of putting an end to this. I mean for christ sake, I am hearing about this on a FORUM.

yourbestfriend said:
Polar Diamonds from Canada. They usually have a special certification for them.. :rolleyes:

i was just about to say the same thing!!

This is what greed does to people. And it's partly owned by LV,no less. Not surprising there. I am so disgusted at how much the money-hungry seems to take advantage of people's human rights like this. All for the sake of making diamonds for celebutantes to wear. And I'm sure there are even more haenous things going on we don't know about-or the industry just doesn't care. How dare people like the suits at De Beers and LV take control of something they don't rightfully own...and push these people into territories without means of shelter,food and water.

diamonds are forever but Lily is a crystal in heaven but still she must looks amazing ...beautifull eyes

ShesElectric said:
Wow. I may be the only blind one here but I had no idea this was going on. This article makes you want to take a stand and help out. Is there anything we can do? A website we can go to?

Here is a link for you to check out- I'll be doing some more looking into this over the next week after my exams...I'd like to help in some way also.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/amnestynow/diamonds.html

kudos to lily,iman and erin
but doutzen is the current face of debeers right ?
wow, it's bad for her.

Ughgh, oh well ,I never liked doutzen anyway.

I never really got the appeal of diamonds ,you can buy fake ones from claires or any number of little stores and they look almost identical.

I wonder if the introduction of lab diamonds is going to make earth-diamonds more valuable and thus make some companies (i.e. DeBeers) more crazed about digging them up :blink:

you know...thats a very good point/observation. how does one know which diamonds are conflict diamonds and which are mined the correct way.....I've always wanted to know that. isn't there this thing called the "kimberly process" or "kimberly certification" ??? not too sure....:unsure:

Doesn't DeBeers have vaults full of diamonds? I thought they weren't that "rare"?

Nonetheless, I'm pleased with her decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->