JPG
72iecuq.jpg

YSL
6sjidee.jpg
6sq5c15.jpg

men.style.com

yes to skin tone colour :P

i saw a guy dressed like this the other evening actually
i was waiting for a ferry and he must have been from sao paolo (guessing)
wearing a long navy trench
with a turtle neck on the inside... the neck part was navy but the rest of the sweater was a nude in a lighter fabric

didn't look so bad

Sounds good.

I wasn't sure if it was just the colour because of the first two prada looks , they're very body con I hate that term but it explains it well.

^ Yeah the Prada one is really literal :lol: Thanks for posting the Ann Demeulemeester one :flower:

I'm noticing it now , it's not a dominant theme but little splashes in most collections.

I like this look at Fendi.

fendmwaw080005uq7.jpg

Works well as the trouser shape is streamlined too.

source : catwalking

^second that! It's not a bad thing to pair a nude/neutral colored garment with something else. There's a classic air about it actually, and it sets a perfect transition for the lighter colors of spring.

I really like this nude colour on men..

Btw i was thinking this meant something else :blush:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2244102,00.html
After her show, Miuccia Prada told critic Suzy Menkes that her theme had been "the things that men usually do to women - it's revenge!"
Prada's male models had walked out in flashes of flesh-coloured fabric, trousers with frilled tops that looked like tutus, vests that stopped at navel height, and pants that poked above the tops of trousers like so manywomen's g-strings did for a spell in the late 1990s.

:D

I like the Ungaro look best so far. When I saw the title of the thread, I was a little afraid to click on it.:ninja:

I dont really feel this to be a trend, more of an unhappy coincidence.

Not to be racist or anything, but I'm a black person. Nude for me would probably be some sort of brown color. Not chocolate or nothing, but a matching brown color. A nude color for most with much lighter or darker skin colors would change greatly. I don't think the color should be called nude unless you have someone of different variations of skin color trying this out. I've seen girls kind of go crazy with nude or camel colors. Even in 2003 or so when dirty jeans were hot. A girl from my Sociology class then had some nice dirty jeans paired with natural or camel sandals.

As far as pulling this all together, the first YSL picture looks almost perfect in looking like you're wearing just your sportscoat on your torso and some nice dress pants on your legs. I think it's tough to make out that the guy is actually wearing a turtleneck that kind of matches his skin color. I don't think any of my guy friends would want to dress up in something similar to the two Prada looks. On the women's side, I think I've seen flared stretch pants and some leggings back in the mid-1990s that seemed to closely match a girl's skin color. One girl had the look nailed pretty well, looking like she wasn't wearing any pants. So there can be some good and bad of matching certain color outfits together. I think I even remembered seeing some girls wear bikinis that closely match their skin color. It's a certain way to pull this off without looking like you're trying too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->