Inception

I also personally believe that Nolan meant for everything - particularly the ending - to be ambiguous, just so the audience would analyze it to death. It's his own inception into our consciousnesses :P

But on a completely different note: modern cinema really does need more three-piece suits.

I love how the movie challenged the viewers to use their brain for once, which was refreshing. ^_^

I've watched this and I want watch it again.
I agree that the film stopped before we knew whether or not the top stopped for a very good reason. But the thing that I'm really hung up about is what the conversation between Cobb and the old man was all about. Any ideas???

Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks in a suit:wub:

I've watched this and I want watch it again.
I agree that the film stopped before we knew whether or not the top stopped for a very good reason. But the thing that I'm really hung up about is what the conversation between Cobb and the old man was all about. Any ideas???

Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks in a suit:wub:

Answer for your question .... The old man was Saito, because he died in the dream and had gone to the limbo and stayed there until he was old, and Cobb wanted to remind him of the contract he had with him before he had died in the dream. It's pretty confusing because at the end it was all a dream and he was still in the plane with Maurice Fischer and his group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing movie, I need to rewatch it !
Amazing cast, JGL and Tom Hardy were the highlights of the movie.
And it's just me or Ken Watanabe is a handsome and sexy man ?
And I love three piece suit, especially on Joseph Gordon Levitt !

Ooh how I wish tFS avatars could use a gif, because I need to put the zero gravity scene there.

maybe its something to do with the file type. I've sometimes had problems and then converted it to something else.

I also loved the zero gravity scene and also the one where Ariadne and Cobb were sitting down talking about how they were actually in a dream.

I love the zero gravity scene... it was so well done plus it really showed off JGL :smile:

this movie blew my mind. i like nolan's style. his movie are always so elegant.

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty darn AMAZING...

I followed the plot pretty well except toward the end... when Tom meets with the old man ( a scene from the beginning) and of course the ending...

My thinking is that Tom is still living in his dreams and everyone/thing are projections of his own subconscious. They can easily make a sequel IMO...

From reading many online reviews and ONTD spazzing, I've come to the conclusion that the two things about Inception that are making people buzz are:

1) The story (visuals, plotline, acting)
2) JGL's sexiness

She was at first, but then when JGL told Ellen Page that in real life "she was lovely" I figured she must not really be the monster Cobb projects her to be. And then when you discover the tragedy of it, it's sad and beautiful. The shot of her lying her head on the train tracks was stunning.

ok really love this film......but the MAJOR flaw which (im hoping someone can explain).....urm, by Leonardo spinning that little thing and leaving it spinning in the box in the dollhouse (of marion cottilards mind).......how did that make her think the real world wasnt real? Surely the fact it continued spinning in the dream world would CONFIRM to her that the dream world was a dream. That was her proof?? If it kept spinning it was a dream, if it stopped, she was in reality?

I DONT GET IT?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->