Industry Insiders News - Hirings, Firings, Moves and Promotions

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
This thread isn't necessarily about designers, but editors, buyers etc etc...

LOVE has appointed Alexander Fury to the role of editor, where he will oversee both the print and online sides of the magazine. Fury leaves SHOWSTUDIO.COM - where he has held the role of fashion director for the past five years - and will take up his position at the Condé Nast publication later this month.

"I feel as if I'm bucking the trend in moving from digital to print - I'm incredibly excited by the opportunities both online and on the page at Love," Fury said. "It's rare that a magazine manages to foster a unique presence across both mediums and I'm thrilled to work with the Love team, especially at such a pivotal moment in the relationship between magazines and the internet."

And it seems editor-in-chief Katie Grand is equally thrilled at the prospect of welcoming Love's latest recruit.

"We've always given as much attention to what goes on our website as to what goes on the shelf, so for us it has always made sense to have the same person overseeing both print and online editions of Love. Alex's skills as a writer and his extensive experience in digital make him the perfect person for the job, maintaining a consistent voice across both platforms."
*Vogue.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Another addition to the Love family...

Lulu Kennedy, founder of Fashion East and unofficial "godmother" of the London fashion set, has been enlisted by Love magazine as its new editor-at-large. Editor-in-chief Katie Grand also appointed Showstudio's Alex Fury as the magazine's editor last week.
"Her incredible magpie instincts make her supremely qualified for our new role of editor-at-large," Katie Grand said this morning. "What's more, the prospect of having someone with an MBE on the Love masthead was simply too hard to resist."

"Katie is an unstoppable creative force with exceptional taste: witnessing her sensational journey through the industry over the years has been an inspiration to me," Kennedy said today. "Her publications are invariably groundbreaking and beautiful; with a cheeky, high-energy, bold point of view that I really admire and am drawn to. As soon as you saw the first issue of Love with Beth Ditto naked on the cover you knew it was era-defining magazine. I'm honoured and totally thrilled to be given the opportunity to join Katie and the Love team. It's an exciting new adventure for me and already a lot of fun!"

Kennedy will continue running Fashion East and her other projects, including her clothing label Lulu & Co, alongside her new Condé Nast role.
*Vogue.co.uk

London Bound
LAUREN MILLIGAN 15 March 2012

AMANDA BROOKS, Barneys New York's vice president and fashion director, has resigned to pursue "other opportunities" in the UK.
"To be the fashion director of a store with such a unique and inspiring vision has always been a dream job," Brooks told WWD. "I have had the pleasure of working with an incredibly talented team but have resigned to temporarily relocate to England with my husband [English artist Christopher Brooks] and children in the interest of further pursuing other opportunities. It is a personal decision and I will miss working with the Barneys team."
The most high-profile fashion job currently vacant in London is at the helm of Harvey Nichols' buying team, recently vacated by Averyl Oates - but a spokesperson for the store was not available for comment this morning.
It's been a difficult week for Brooks, whose brother-in-law Charlie Brooks was arrested on Tuesday along with his wife - former Sun and News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks - as part of Scotland Yard's phone hacking investigation.

Moving On
ELLA ALEXANDER 21 October 2011

HARVEY NICHOLS buying director Averyl Oates is set to leave her role at the store at the end of the year, we can confirm. Her next move has not yet been revealed, nor her successor.
Oates joined the company in 2004, after moving from Harrods where she held the role of womenswear merchandise director. She had previously worked at Emanuel Ungaro as global retail and merchandising director and at Donna Karan in New York as vice president of its retail division.
It's been a busy week for the store, who this week opened its new Hong Kong branch, spanning 83,000 square feet.
*Vogue.co.uk

LUCIANO BENETTON has stepped down from his role as Benetton Group chairman, handing the role over his son - Alessandro - who is currently the company's executive vice chairman. After 25 years on the Milan Stock Exchange, Benetton went private last month.
"We have been lucky to have the wind in our favour and today it is blowing in a different direction," Luciano Benetton told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera. "We have been a little distracted with the privatisation, but the heart of the company remains the Benetton Group."
Luciano Benetton founded the Italian brand in 1965, selling his younger brother's bicycle to buy his first second-hand sewing machine. His enlisted his two brothers, Gilberto and Carlos, to help him sell his brightly-coloured designs and opened the label's first store in 1966.
*Vogue.co.uk

Well Meg Gray isn't fashion editor at Vogue Australia anymore as she is no longer credited in the magazine anymore!

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks, but from what I understand from the threads in here, Kristie Clements is out at Australian Vogue, and the editor of Australian Harper's Bazaar is supposedly taking over the EIC role over there?

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks, but from what I understand from the threads in here, Kristie Clements is out at Australian Vogue, and the editor of Australian Harper's Bazaar is supposedly taking over the EIC role over there?

Yes after 13 years as EIC and 30 years at Aus Vogue, Kirstie was unceremoniously fired last Wednesday by the new Chief-Executive of NewsLifeMedia (publishes Vogue in partnership with Conde Nast; owned by Rupert Murdoch). So they've hired Edwina McCann (then editor of HB Aus) to take over and start work as EIC of the print edition and integrating the magazine with online into one platform! People even say Edwina only got the job becasue she's friends with Lachlan and Sarah Murdoch (Rupert's son and daughter-in-law).

Should be interesting to see what the new Vogue Aus is going to be like. What I liked about Kirstie (the past 2 years, they're covers/content has been superb) was that she used models. I hope Edwina won't go celebrity! There is also whispers that Christine Centerna may defect and join Edwina as Meg Gray was recently made redundant!

^^ahh thank you! definitely helps to connect the dots that way. I'd only seen random little snippets :flower:

RuthRunberg_V_21feb11_CandiceLake.jpg

BROWNS has confirmed the name of its new buying director, who will replace Ruth Runberg at the famous London boutique next month.
"We are pleased to announce that Laura Larbalestier will be joining us as our new women's buying director in June," Browns' CEO Simon Burstein told us this afternoon. "Laura will replace Ruth Runberg, who is returning to the United States. Many of you will already know Laura who has been on the womenswear buying team at Selfridges for the past eight years. Laura will be supported by our existing buyers; Francoise Tessier, Rebecca Osei -Baidoo and Pam Brady."

Runberg - who arrived at the company in January 2011 - has not yet confirmed her next move, although it is understood that the top job at Barneys is still vacant after Amanda Brooks left New York for the UK in March.
*Vogue.co.uk

Holy Moly!

According to this article (scroll down a little bit)
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/priv...601-1zn8l.html

Kirstie Clements (former EIC of Vogue Aus) is a possible frontrunner for being the new EIC of Harper's Bazaar Aus (total swap)! And that the entire fashion team of Aus HB has left! So Jill Davison and Christine Centenera are apparently on their way to Vogue Oz!!!!

Yep, its official!
Kirstie Clement's tweet:
Leigh Ann Pow,Kimberley Walsh,Naomi Smith gone from #vogueoz. End of an era. You girls are all class and all talent. A toast to your futures

This totally means Georgie McCourt is now probably Vogue Australia's deputy editor, Jillian Davison fashion director and Christine Centenera fashion editor.

God its an absolute massacre at Vogue Aus. Now their Art Director, Paul Meany has also left...

Kellie Hush is the new editor-in-chief at Harper's Bazaar Australia (from her twitter:(

Kellie Hush ‏@KellieHush
Thank you for all of your kind messages. I am in the editor's chair officially at the fabulous fashion bible @BAZAARAustralia

^^oh wow! would have been kind of nuts if kirstie clements took on the role and the vogue/bazaar teams literally just switched magazines.

christine centenera has confirmed that she's fashion editor at Vogue Aus now

^^oh wow! would have been kind of nuts if kirstie clements took on the role and the vogue/bazaar teams literally just switched magazines.

christine centenera has confirmed that she's fashion editor at Vogue Aus now

Yep! And Jillian Davison also as fashion director at Vogue Aus!

Have they announced Jill officially?

Hmm no, not yet...she wasn't at VOSN tonight either. Christine did say she's the new senior fashion editor...would that equate to Fashion Director? I would be very surprised if Jillian didn't defect because she seems quite close with Edwina/Christine!

Vogue A-Team revealed

ragtrader.com.au can reveal the latest editorial appointments to Vogue Australia, following an announcement on its fresh direction under editor Edwina McCann.

McCann offered a teaser to the future of vogue.com.au and Vogue Australia at a prestigious industry function earlier this week.

Since her appointment to the position of Vogue Australia editor-in-chief in May, industry speculation has been rife on major staff changes at the title.

ragtrader.com.au can confirm three editorial heavyweights have joined the team from rival Harper's Bazaar Australia, which McCann edited for three years prior to her recent move.

This includes Christine Centenera, who has taken the position of senior fashion editor and fashion director for soon-to-be-launched online diffusion brand Miss Vogue.

Georgie McCourt-Abay will also join the Vogue Australia team from Harper's Bazaar Australia next week, occupying the role of deputy editor.

The final major defection is Harper's Bazaar Australia creative director Jillian Davison, who is set to come on board in August.

To round up the new appointments, Vogue Australia has also recruited a picture editor for the first time.

Muffie Sproat has been enlisted to the publication following ten years as picture editor for British Vogue.

source: ragtrader.com.au

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->