IoC To Show In Tents For The First Time

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by stylegurrl, Aug 25, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

2. faust

faust New Member

Weird. In another thread on tFS it says that IoC will show in Milan altogether.

3. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I saw the article the other day and couldn't care less. I just don't care for that line very much. The fall 2004 collection was not too bad, actually, but the spring collection was such a joke.

4. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

^ Actually, what I meant was that I liked the spring collection and hated the fall collection. :rolleyes:

5. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

From today's WWD.

6. metal-on-metal

Oh whatever. She makes me so sick. As if everyone on earth is just DYING to know the location of her new shop. :rolleyes:

7. faust

faust New Member

2nd. the days of "holier than thou" are over.

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

both IOC & Daryl K are supposed to also show at Milano fashion week

9. metal-on-metal

And thank God for that. You can no longer build cachet by acting exclusive or pretentious, especially when you're just selling old rags at ridiculous prices. Ms. Subkoff must've missed the memo on that one.

10. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

there seems to be a completly new direction for the ioc label since their last knitwear collection, but i can see that Ms Subkoff is not very popular regardless her product.. why not give her another chance?
    why all this passion against her?

11. faust

faust New Member

i don't like pretension used in order to cover up lack of talent.

12. metal-on-metal

I agree, the fall collection was a bit of a departure from the usual. Hopefully we won't be seeing any more wine-stained sweatshirts from them in the future. I just don't like Tara's attitude. She seems to be under the impression that she's on some mission to save fashion. From what, I don't know. And even if fashion needed to be saved, I wouldn't want her to be the one doing it.

13. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i will not dissagree on the pretention issue but there is so much pretention in this industry that is almost ... a 'normal' attitude

for me its clothes (the finished product) that matters and her last collection wasnt too bad really. i've seen much worst than ioc

14. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

lena..i personally know several people who have worked for IOC ...especially at the beginning...and the stories about her are terrible...she uses people and discards them with abandon...she assumes credit for everyone else's work...etc...there is a lot of resentment around her...and she's a complete fraud as a fashion designer... people are bound to lose patience with the bulls***...

just like v magazine...all hype and little substance...

look at libertine...they are basically doing something similar to what ioc was doing with reconstructed vintage...but the difference is that it's actually them doing it and it's actually good...

15. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i hear you softgrey
    sad as it is, ripping off assistants and fellow designers and acting with an attitude is so 'normal' in this industry, it isn't 'news' anymore.
    i agree on the v-people coment as well, but see? its 'normal' and you know it, this is how most people are and of course Tara doesnt stand out, she's just typical.

anyway, dont get me wrong, i'm not an ioc fan or anything, just a bit surprised by the passion of some of the posts i've read here ... and i much prefer her 'second coming' those jerseys were 'basic' but nice

16. softgrey

i think newer designers don't have that holier than thou attitude...patrick robinson is a good example...not that he's so new...but he's lovely...and there are so many designers now...that being nice and pleasant to deal with is becoming more and more important...at least i think so...

and i agree about tara's 'second coming'...but didn't all that stuuff really rermind you of NORMA KAMALI's knitwear from the 1980's...?!?!?!...i think i still have one of those dresses ...

that girl just doesn't have any ideas of her own...it's just boring now... how can she still be in business and martine sitbon be filing for chapter 11?!?!...it boggles the mind...who is funding her????
    :ninja:

17. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

oh no i dissagree, Norma's work was genious, ioc jerseys are just good simple basics.

in anycase, we dont really disagree on this you know, attitude is bad but attitude is almost everywhere

18. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do like IoC but I don't think it is all that special. No more than the vintagey sweaters from urban outfitters. I think if it were priced in that range it would be more appropriate.

19. softgrey

that sounds about right... :P

20. kimair

kimair frozen

this from fashionweekdaily:

I'd be interested in seeing the collection in a store. I've never seen it carried anywhere.