IoC To Show In Tents For The First Time

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 2 2004, 12:05 PM
that sounds about right... :P
[snapback]354192[/snapback]​
Really though, I think she would do more good and expand her business if she made IoC more along the lines of DKNY, Express, or Urban Outfitters. To me that is really the level of creativity and craft you are paying for...which is good but it really can't stand up to the belgians (demuelmeester, dries van noten, simons) or the japanese (miyake, CDG, yamamoto) she probaly thinks herself in equal to in terms of the comepts and innovation. I know girls who would be crazy over IoC if it was priced reasonably.

Originally posted by kimair@Sep 2 2004, 06:09 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the collection in a store. I've never seen it carried anywhere.
[snapback]354419[/snapback]​

I don't know if you're in New York, but IOC stuff is always stocked at Seven New York (180 Orchard Street).

:flower:

Originally posted by kimair@Sep 2 2004, 05:09 PM
this from fashionweekdaily:

IOC Opening 1st American Flagship Store
Location to be announced during its tent show

Thursday, September 02, 2004

It’s coming! It’s coming! Imitation Of Christ will open its first American flagship retail store during New York fashion week. Opening in New York, the exact location of the boutique has been kept very hush, hush, and won’t be revealed until IOC’s show on September 8th. The “mystery” store will carry everything from one-of-a-kind couture collections to ready to wear, as well as exclusive items available only at the boutique.

This will be the first in a series of IOC stores to open in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Paris.

[snapback]354419[/snapback]​

What is this "It's coming, it's coming!" sh*t? Like it's the biggest fashion event :sick: .

Metal, Steven Alan also started carrying their FABULOUS dirty ripped $130 t-shirts this season :lol:

i wodner where the moneyis comingf rom, i doubt they do that well

Originally posted by faust@Sep 3 2004, 09:50 AM
Metal, Steven Alan also started carrying their FABULOUS dirty ripped $130 t-shirts this season :lol:
[snapback]355150[/snapback]​

I kinda thought their stuff was "one-off" and you had to go to a showroom to get it. It does figure that Seven would carry it; they have alot of avant-garde designers.

Here's a bit more IOC news (again from fashionweekdaily...this one's hilarious!:(

IOC Catches the (Easy) Spirit
Comfortable stilettos or just pulling our legs?

Monday, August 30, 2004

In one of fashion's more bizarre match-ups, Imitation of Christ designer and co-founder Tara Subkoff has inked a deal with Easy Spirit to design a line of high-end footwear. The shoes will fuse the technology of the company once known for its catchy slogan, “Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker,” and the 31-year-old’s fashion-forward vision, The Daily learns exclusively.

Much like Yohji Yamamoto’s influence on the Adidas brand when he joined the athletic-apparel company in 2002, the collaboration hopes to transform Easy Spirit into a more fashionable, elite brand. According to sources familiar with the partnership, Subkoff will design six styles for 2005 that will be sold exclusively at top tier specialty stores and boutiques, though no specific ones were named. Easy Spirit will also be participating in Subkoff’s September 8 show at the Bryant Park Tents—specifically, there will be noticeable product placement on the runway.

The deal was put together by Designers Management Agency.

EASY SPIRIT?!?! :shock:

Originally posted by kimair@Sep 3 2004, 11:47 AM
I kinda thought their stuff was "one-off" and you had to go to a showroom to get it. It does figure that Seven would carry it; they have alot of avant-garde designers.

Here's a bit more IOC news (again from fashionweekdaily...this one's hilarious!:(
EASY SPIRIT?!?! :shock:
[snapback]355267[/snapback]​

Mistery solved, now we know where the money is coming from.

Let's see of if she can maintain the hipper-tan-thour pose when 'easy spirit' is splashed all over her tent.....:P

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Sep 3 2004, 02:17 PM
Let's see of if she can maintain the hipper-tan-thour pose when 'easy spirit' is splashed all over her tent.....:P
[snapback]355470[/snapback]​

woah... :huh: :innocent:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

From New York magazine:

Brand History (How A Line Lost Its Cool)

With its debut show, in 2000, Imitation of Christ established itself as the ne plus ultra of hip. Designers Tara Subkoff and Matt Damhave had all the right friends (Chloë Sevigny was creative director) and a credibly subversive message: They would never make new clothes, just reconstruct what was already around. Now Imitation will show in Bryant Park. But that doesn’t mean the fashion Establishment has embraced it. Over the years, the line has managed to alienate the very people—namely, fashion editors—who were once intrigued by it. — Jacob Bernstein

September 2000: The first show, held in an East Village funeral parlor, sends up the “mass reproduction of thrift-store clothing.” (A vintage YSL T-shirt is graffitied bring me the head of tom ford. It’s extremely limited seating, but the lucky few, like Vogue’s Grace Coddington, are all raves.

September 2001: Models are seated in the front row, while editors are forced to walk the runway. The New York Times calls it a “hoot,” but some guests pine for their seating assignments.

February 2002: A mock auction (with editors as bidders) at Sotheby’s. The talk of the show, per WWD: Are Damhave and Subkoff “(A) shutting down their fashion line altogether, (B) busting up their partnership or © actually going to make something less expensive, that the retailers who support them can sell easily”? Answer: B.

September 2002: In an ode to Helmut Newton, half-naked models wield vacuums (noisily) in a furniture showroom.

September 2003: Channeling old-world Hollywood, Subkoff sends out models against a backdrop of Dietrich films. Plus a tap dancer who “went on for, like, 25 minutes,” recalls one attendee. “I wanted to rip off her tap shoes.”

September 8, 2004: A midtown show will be easier on editors (no more slogs to out-of-the-way runways), but also signals the final loss of downtown cred.

and there you have it folks... ^_^

thanks scott...

surprising they don't mention the easy spirit deal...very very UN-cool... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->