Is fashion too fickle?

i'm the most untrendy person i know . . .!
trends mean nada to me. :lol:
i do like trendspotting though . . . & then laughing at ppl who follow them :ninja:
:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
^:lol:

No conformist here,either. I appreciate talents with their own visions who stay true to their styles season after season...it's usually those who do actually do their own things and not of the ideals of fashion that actually present the most illustrative and most interesting things.

Shocking to read that coming from Tom Ford,of all people,especially since he was at one of the biggest trend-pushers in the industry.

karenlevy said:
Fashion is moving so fast its confusing, and I wonder if its also a desesparate measure from retailers to woo the customer by constantly offering something new. If they stuck to a look for longer, in my opinion it would give the consumer more confidence to part with their money, as there would be more certainty that the look would still be around at a later stage instead of dying a quick death..

Karen, I agree, it does smack of desperation ... we saw so many about-faces and contradictory things for spring that I have to wonder if there's anyone for whom the penny hasn't dropped ... Geez, if Nicolas and Marc and Alber and Miuccia can do all that ... I can do whatever the heck I want to :woot:

I agree, a little more turtle, a little less hare, is what we need in our fashion soup :P

Great article, agree with most of it. :flower:

It's always better for an individual or a designer to create a signature and unique style.... that way, no matter how fast trends come and go, you'll still look wonderful...

Fashion does move so fast - a new trend comes up, and everyone's all enthusiastic and "loving" it, and then, by the end of the year, people are talking about how awful it was. It seems like that cycle goes so quickly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->