Is Prescriptives Custom Blend worth it?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Jennyfer, May 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Jennyfer

Jennyfer New Member

Hi everyone, am new here so apologies if this has been discussed to death. I couldn't find it recently-ish.

What are people's opinions on it? Will be in Brown Thomas, Dublin tomorrow which is the only place (I am aware of) in Dublin that does it. Have been in two minds about it for months now. I love the idea of getting my own personalised foundation but I have heard that even if you don't like it you MUST buy it. As it will cost €70 here I need to be 100% sure.

Any opinions welcome and appreciated :D

2. thefunkykitten

thefunkykitten New Member

well, i can certainly vouch for prescriptives normal non-custom foundation - i love it!!! fab colour (i was lucky that one pretty much matched my skin anyway) and great texture. i was tempted to shell out that little bit extra for the custom shade, but it would only have been a teeny bit of an improvement on the standard shade so didn't bother. they are great for pale skins - i'm pale and loads of foundations have been too orange.

3. Katie Bee

Katie Bee New Member

I didn't think it was worth it in the end... It no longer matched my skin after a couple months. If you change color even the slightest bit I found it no longer works. I've since gotten a bit tanner but it still doesn't look right anymore. definitely not worth the 70 dollars I paid

4. jjbunny79

jjbunny79 New Member

it really depends on the stores lighting :ninja: i spent 40$ CDN on a custom made concealer and omg it look so wrong when move into another lighting. :ninja: that being said, the non-costum range should worth your money because the pricing is close to other brand anyways.

5. jnnybe

jnnybe New Member

i've always wondering about this too....

walk pass by their counter all the time... see all the nice colors.
    but do actually worthy/do anything??

6. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

IMO, yes. I am very hard to match ... if I find something in a regular line that does, it's promptly discontinued. So for me it's totally worth it ... I've worn it for some years now. Twice a year they have a promotion ... this last time it was a free custom concealer with foundation purchase.