Mens Attitude to Makeup (on Women)

Frits001

Reaction score
Hi people.
I am new here.
I'm a 43 years old male from europe, still very interested in fashion and especially makeup. I am not gay (thou I have nothing at all against gay people, but you'll see why say that in the next few lines).
I found your forum,and find it awsome !
I have also a question for you, particully for the girls.
I have been loving makeup for as far as I can remember. Not putting it on myself (see above), just admiring it, in real life and in magazines (and the net).
When I read comments from other man on makeup, on other sites, they usually don't like it. Are they being tough, macho, or don't they just want to admit they also like it, because it's to girly admitting it ?
I don't think you girls are going to so much work every day just for yourself, but also for others (including men) to look good. The beauty industry is so big, it can't be that it's only there for woman to use it, and not for men to admire it.
But as said before, most man don't admit they like a well made up face.
To get to the title of my topic. Is it normal for a man to like a beautifully made up woman ? For me it is (I would be only a sad and frustrated person if I hadn't figured that out for myself), but how do you find man react on you when you go about your life wearing (much or less) makeup ?
I find myself staring at a nicely made up woman sometime, 'till the point of "oops, what will she think of me". Do you girls get that often ? Or am I alone in this (don't think so, but it would be nice to see some reactions)
So how do men react on your makeup ?

Sorry if this was to long a post, but I had some explaining to do.

Greets,
Fred.:blush:

I think its normal. I think guys say they dont like it because, of course, they would like to see a naturally beautiful woman. My dad very much dislikes when I wear makeup :unsure:

I think its good if a guy can tell a woman is wearing make up in the firs place.
I do put effort into my make up for a natural look and my bf cant tell what exactly I've put on unless its lots of eyeliner :innocent:

Nothing wrong with appreciating good makeup. We spend a lot of time on it...compliments are always nice and with me even criticism is welcomed.

I don't think it's strange at all. My boyfriend just got me three Juicy Tubes!

I think regular guys just say they don't like makeup because they only NOTICE the makeup when it's "too much" to begin with. :LOL:

But personally, whereas I would be flattered if a girl told me she loved my eyeshadow, I would much rather a guy said he loved my eyes. B)

Thanks for the reactions.
For me a natural looking pretty face, with or without makeup, is beautifull.
But I can also appreciate a not so natural "look" in makeup, when it's done with style.
It may even be "much", but when it's well done it can be beautifull for me too.
I was curious if you found out that other man sometimes stare at your makeup, or is that really a minority.
And I can agree with Melisande, when she says that she would rather hear from a guy she has nice eyes, rather than having nice eyeshadow. But still the eyeshadow makes the eyes look better. It is a means to an end (looking good).
I for one can also appreciate the beauty of a well made up eye in it's own right, seeing the "craftmanship" that has gone into it, and the beauty of the colours and textures.

Greets,
Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->