Is Steven Meisel The Only Photographer Who Can Photograph Vogue Italia's Front Covers?

hugobossdaria

Reaction score
I was curious because when i'am done with college i want to be able to do the same things steven meisel did. One of my other dreams was to photograph the cover of Italian Vogue, but it seems like steven is the only photographer thats photographs the covers of Italian Vogue. Can someone please give me some good tips in how to be a successful photographer like meisel himself:flower:

well steven is the only one who can shoot the cover of vogue italia. he has a contract with them to do so. and to become succesful like meisel you have to have worked for years and years, not just out of college. he has been a photographer for 25-30 years. he also is very artisitic, he shoots more than just sexy girls--though he can do this as well. his stories are memorable. i know there is always an image from his editorials that sticks out in my minds months and years later...

hugobossdaria said:
Can someone please give me some good tips in how to be a successful photographer like meisel himself:flower:

First find out WHO is the woman you love, desire to photograph. Why? Because photographs always take the same picture (Avedon dixit, as far as I know...)

Second, be daring. Don't follow anyone's steps... Meisel's story is a mix of inspiration, sweat and a 90% of luck as he got appointed by a fashion mag at a very young age.

Then, I would strongly recommend you to be at any Fashion Week. Improvise. Take pictures of the fashion crowd, get immersed. When you show someone that you shot e.g. Daria at the street, be sure it will be impressive.

Finally, let me know if you want to shoot in Europe, I got a couple of ideas for editorials.

evexa said:
^^Iconemode gave the best advise I think.

:flower: thanks, btw it's iconemod only, without the "e"... in memory of Swinging London, Emma Peel and the young Paul Weller I'm always mad about.

Steven Meisel is a Superstar in his own right, all those photographers from the SUPERMODEL generation (Meisel, Ritts, Lindbergh, Demarchelier and Weber) were in the right place at the right time and actually nobody can be like them.

btw, the first Meisel picture I saw was the Madonna's "Like a Virgin" cover, 1985, 20 years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confuse, since when was it only Meisel who could do an Italian Vogue cover?:huh:
I don't know when these are from, but it's not Meisel.
Miles Aldridge.
vogue-ital-cover-02.jpg

Koto Bolofo.

this Koto Bolofo cover is super
thanks for posting Hana N. :flower:

That's just not the main Cover, it's the supplement from inside! Steven Meisel always gets the main cover.

iconemod said:
:flower: thanks, btw it's iconemod only, without the "e"... in memory of Swinging London, Emma Peel and the young Paul Weller I'm always mad about.

i love paul weller :wink:

Second, be daring. Don't follow anyone's steps... Meisel's story is a mix of inspiration, sweat and a 90% of luck as he got appointed by a fashion mag at a very young age.

which magazine was it and how old was he at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->