Pirelli Calendar 2015 by Steven Meisel [NO IMAGES FROM THE CALEDNAR ALLOWED]

AlbertNoir

Reaction score
Steven Meisel to shoot 2015 Pirelli Calendar
Famed - and often controversial - fashion photographer Steven Meisel will photograph the 2015 edition of the iconic Pirelli Calendar

steven-meisel-main_2917019a.jpg

The reclusive Steven Meisel, captured here in 2001 by one of his photographs Photo: REX

Last year's 50th anniversary Pirelli calendar took us slightly by surprise when it turned out to be a posthumously published calendar shot by Helmut Newton and initially intended for use in 1968. But for 2015 it's going to be back with a bang-up-to-date helmsman; Steven Meisel.

The Italian photographer is one of the world's foremost fashion photographers, and has shot every single Italian Vogue cover since 1988 at the behest of editor Franca Sozzani. Add to that his close working relationships with brands such as Dolce & Gabbana (he's shot the brand's campaigns for the last 10 years), Prada, Valentino and Balenciaga and you've got what is set to be one of the most exciting Pirelli calendars to date.

Meisel is also the man behind some of Italian Vogue's most controversial shoots, including one accused of glamorising the Mexican oil spill and another more recent shoot depicting domestic violence. Additionally, he was instrumental in the development of the publication's 'Black Issue', the first mainstream fashion publication to use only black models.

Somewhat surprisingly, Meisel has never photographed the iconic calendar before despite many of his contemporaries, like Mario Testino, Patrick Demarchelier and Nick Knight, having done so.
Though no further details of the 2015 calendar have been released, Meisel is sure to draw a stellar cast of models - he's often credited with launching the careers of some of the world's best-known models, including Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Lara Stone.

fashion.telegraph.co.uk

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/bibby-sowray/TMG10844250/Steven-Meisel-to-shoot-2015-Pirelli-Calendar.html

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot::buzz: I can't wait to see who he chooses. I would prefer he uses girls he's remained loyal to over the years instead of his current crushes

WOW that sounds really promising! I just hope Natasha will be part of the cast! :flower::angel:

What a badly written article!

But wow at Meisel shooting it, excited to see his cast, and how it ends up.

:woot::buzz: I can't wait to see who he chooses. I would prefer he uses girls he's remained loyal to over the years instead of his current crushes

Agreed! I'm thinking about Stam, Raquel Zimmermann, Caroline Trentini and go on..it would be amazing!!!

What a badly written article!

Whoever wrote this, did a very half-***ed research!

On another note, so exciting to hear Steven is shooting it, but I can't feel a little bit of doubt. Wasn't there a report a few years ago that he going to shoot it, and it turned out it was Sorrenti?

So after all these years he agreed to shoot the calendar? Must be because all his ads are drying up... Anyhow, I'm still very excited to see who he casts.

Great news! Can't wait to see who he shoots and how it turns out. Hoping for Adriana, of course.

I screamed. So excited about this! I actually hope we don't get any news before it comes out so the surprise will be even bigger.

This is what I've been waiting for in years! Finally! Gosh, can't contain my excitement right now. Hoping that he'll use his all time favorite girls.

Oh god, this is going to be dull as dishwater if his current flavors are going to be the main stars.

First cast anticipation: Isabeli Fontana!!! :cool2:
Pirelli really loves her..this will be her seventh Cal !!!! :flower:

Guess what I am doing? #TheCal #PirelliCalendar 2015 shooting by #StevenMeisel, #makeup by @patmcgrathreal. #Pirelli, #supermodel

instagram.com/isabelifontana_official

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm okay with Isabeli but why Gigi? I guess Kate Upton and Adriana will be a shoo-in as well.

im so late on this... but :buzz:

I've been waiting for this to happen forever !!! I'm so excited. I really hope Meisel brings back all his favourite models and not just the expected ones or girls of the moment. This is just too good.

Gigi is f*cking amazing, I think she is a better version of kate upton/candice honestly. She is a perfect barbie blonde bombshell, she has an amazing face + body. I wish she were a bit older though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->