It's Cool To Be A Cowboy !

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Hed_Kandi, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

3. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

Ummmm....?????

4. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Old news, I'm kinda sick of it at this point.

5. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

I'll never let Western Inspired clothing die out. It's as essential in every person's wardrobe as a pair of white socks.

Cowboy Wear = Rocks

6. mishahoi

mishahoi loaded and locked

:sick: :yuk: i see those clothes and all i can think of is hay

7. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

Hey, you're from Japan? Cool.

What are the hottest brands there right now? Post some pics if you can.

8. mishahoi

mishahoi loaded and locked

the hottest brands are still just vuitton, gucci, prada, and hermes. i dont have pics of the brands' clothing (they still dont like pics taken in the shops :wink: ) but i have two photo albums made from fashion shows put on by my school. if you want to see the whole albums they are here:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286182523 and here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286183431

tho sony makes you sign up. :flower:

9. AlexN

AlexN New Member

I love the coat and boots in the first pic.

10. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

Isn't Vivienne Westwood still very hot in Japan?

The Western look is one of those things that resurges in menswear every so often as a hip thing. Becuase men's clothing has such a limited range.

11. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Men's clothing has a limited range? :huh:

Please make this Western nonsense stop...

12. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

Would rather turn the gun on them.

13. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

Men's clothing has a much more limited range than women's. For example inevitably it is going to comrpise of a shirt, jacket, trouers, shoes, coat, and various other small items. No matter how hard Mr.Slimane, and Mr.Yamamoto may try, men's skirts, dresses are not coming into vogue anytime soon.

Saville Row has just been shook up by Ozwald Boateng, et al. The most avant-garde one can get is with deconstruction, and various color palettes. Galliano's bias cut suits notwithstanding.

Although men's traditional clothing tends to be overly fussy with collar pins, cufflinks, various tie knots, number of pleats on a trouser, differences between button, and clip braces, the size of a shirt collar, handmade buttonholes, shoe lasts, and shapes, the subtle differences of a double breasted versus a three-piece, double cuffs, and turnback cuffs lapels etc.

But then the general style is the same.

14. PrinceOfCats

You can say that of anything. Womenswear simply comprises of the aforesaid with addition of dress and skirt. You could say that womenswear is limited in that however hard designers try most women still want to cover their chest. Men can reveal a whole area women can't. Seems like a pretty subjective issue to me.

15. AlexN

AlexN New Member

As a guy, I truly think women have a much more diverse pallette to choose from. On a sort of related note, I wish men's handbags would come into style full force. A lot of my jeans have ridiculously small pockets or none at all. Plus, it'd give me another thing to waste money on. :wink:

16. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

But then not all women wish to cover up. Everyone from Prada to YSL has done a sheer top which I've seen some wear without bra. Then there is also Rudi Geinrich's swimsuit.

In all there seems a much more larger selection offered to women. Men usually cannot put on an acid green fur with a mint's worth of Lacroix crosses on chains, pointed stiletto boots, some ruched silk top, and brocade trousers. As a regular outfit anyways.

They do have those men's clutches.

17. PrinceOfCats

Not all men don't wear dresses and skirts...etc, etc...in fact quite a lot of men wear dresses and skirts whereas the sales figures for the Rudi Geinrich suit were about zero. A woman's going to look just as bad in that outfit as a man but if you want to see its real-life counterpart just look at Versace Uomo. And so on...

18. metal-on-metal

I think the chief difference between men's and women's fashion is this idea of "theme dressing", like rugged cowboy or whathaveyou. Men don't wanna buy into a "look" the way women will do "rich hippie" one season and "sophisticated lady" the next. Personally, I hate this idea of overriding trends and am glad that these days there isn't a general wave riding through fashion.

19. metal-on-metal

Also, the images posted here made me dryheave.

20. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i think more and more that (at least for casual wear) men are looking for some sort of theme to tie together the many pieces they may currently own. just as i don't think that many women are truly rushing to buy an all new wardrobe to follow this lady like trend, i don't think men all ran to the stores to buy new jeans and boots...however, i think that its a look most men can toy with because in the end who doesn't have distressed jeans, boots, and a western cut shirt of some sort?