It's on with Alexa Chung

Reaction score
here's a thread for the new MTV show thats going to be similar to TRL.. hosted by Alexa Chung

:flower:

I would actually bother watching MTV for this since it's with Alexa, except I don't like that it's supposed to be TRL like show. Will there be a screaming audience of teeny boppers?

Here's some info on it:

Former T4 presenter Alexa Chung is to front her own live daytime show on MTV in the US, which is being billed as the successor to the trail-blazing TRL.The Alexa Chung Show will be one of the highlights of MTV's new season of programmes, announced as part of the broadcaster's Upfront presentation to advertisers in New York yesterday.
MTV said the new show would be similar to TRL, which was presented live from the channel's Times Square headquarters in New York by Carson Daly and featured a mix of video countdowns and guests. TRL ended its 10-year run in November.
Chung's show will feature partnerships with social networking sites Facebook and Twitter, with audiences encouraged to tweet their reaction to celebrities and music guests while the programme is on air.
The show will be produced by Reveille, which is owned by Elisabeth Murdoch's UK independent production company Shine, and will be executive produced by Tim Healy, Sebastian Scott, Howard T Owens and Mark Koops.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/29/alexa-chung-mtv

I was hoping it would be more fashion-oriented when I first heard about it. Who knows where they'll go with this though. I'll def check it out.

oh GOD chloefrancoise i hope to the lord its nothing like TRL with the audience..

and i agree stateofbliss but MTV isnt really fashion oriented :l
but your right, it will be worth watching.

So MTV still actually shows music-related stuff? I thought all they had on there now was crappy reality TV shows.

^that's what i thought too! god i haven't actually sat watched anything on mtv or related since 2002. that's how redundant it's become,imo.

This will be the only MTV show I will ever watch if MTV New Zealand gets it. It looks really promising.

i thought it was going to be like a house of style..whats the point of canceling TRL if they are just going to bring a new host in?

It's not actually TRL and in my case assuming I don't get digital or satellite, I'm not going to have the channel anyway. Just in the last 2 days, I have more than 9 channels less thanks to the change to digital.

i thought it was going to be like a house of style..whats the point of canceling TRL if they are just going to bring a new host in?

MTV revamped House of Style (http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/house_of_style/series.jhtml) with Bar Rafaeli and Chanel Iman as hosts earlier this year. I think it would have been smart of them to have Alexa do a show focusing on fashion as well. It's not like they air any music videos on MTV anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this comes to MTV Uk I'll definitely watch it, might do seeing she's from here.

A few new details
We have a new variety show starting this summer in our Times Square location called 'It's On with Alexa Chung' to take the place of our Total Request Live show. The show will feature musical guests, movie stars and comedians in a talk show format aimed for our MTV viewers (14-28).
The first week's guests are Jack Black, Soulja Boy, Michael Cera, Kanye West, John Legend, High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale and Ryan Reynolds.
blog.nyctrip.com

ashley tisdale.. oh god. well i cant wait to watch Alexa do her thing on a daily basis.
alexa's already been featured in Rolling Stones about the show, so we'll see. i dont know if Americans are going to get her wit, but it'll be a fun show.

it airs June 15

ashley tisdale.. oh god. well i cant wait to watch Alexa do her thing on a daily basis.
alexa's already been featured in Rolling Stones about the show, so we'll see. i dont know if Americans are going to get her wit, but it'll be a fun show.

it airs June 15

I was just about to say this! I don't see how she fits an American audience but im sure she will be unphased and her usual cool self :D

First Show

She looked gorgeous, fresh-faced, but seemed EAGER EAGER EAGER and kept steering the interviews to her own life/hobbies/experiences, which made me cringe a lot. But hey, the show is named after her and it would be too weird if she just stood up and did monologues on herself, by herself :P

Shouldn't the name of this thread be changed to "It's on with Alexa Chung"? seen as though that's what it's called now.. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->