Jaco van den Hoven

Jil Sander preparation! :bounce:
35852398239602554158119.jpg

jil sander official facebook via lizzylily @ mh

does this mean that he's going to be in the show, or is this just a shot at the casting?

he looks so effeminate.:shock: i mean there is androgyny and then there is Jaco.

PONY RYDER: Jaco! How do you like the runway?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
My first time on the runway in Paris was a very good experience! It was very exciting and I loved walking the runway.

It's hard to say what I like the most, I also like the shootings a lot. Especially because of the results they can make with all the experiences in photographing and styling. You can do a lot with it and that's why I think I like shootings the most.

Rick Owens (TFS/via style.com)​

PONY RYDER: How did you feel abroad the first time?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I really love travelling, last year I went to Thailand and Australia for half a year. It already was a great experience to travel by myself.

My first time abroad as a model was of course kind of different because you're working a lot but it's just as nice, you meet new people everyday and you see a lot of the world and that's what I really like about traveling.
Sometimes you make long days but if you like the job you're doing you don't mind doing it and so far I like to do any kind of jobs in modeling.

Hermes via TFS Flashbang​

PONY RYDER: How did you start to model anyway?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN
: In the month of September I was walking through the centre of Amsterdam and a guy called Jorma came up to me and asked me if I was interested to become a model.

He just started his model agency Republic and it looked like a very good agency so we kind of started pretty quickly with test shoots. At that time I just started my studies of economy at the university but I kind of didn't like the studies so I decided to go on modeling and quit my studies. And I’m very happy with my agencies so it's working well.

Ph. Bell Soto​

PONY RYDER: How do you like the shoots?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I really like the shooting so far. It's nice to work with different people and see how they all work.

My shoot for Vogue Paris was great, it really was my favorite shoot so far. The photographer was David Dunan, he was a very good man to work with. We all just had to act like we were at a party and we all had a kind of a role playing - someone else and I had to play the guy from downtown. It was very funny and I look forward to the results!

ones2watch​

PONY RYDER: So who is Jaco?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I’m just an ordinary guy who loves to hang out with his friends. Try to enjoy life as much as possible and know when to be serious in life.

PONY RYDER: What did you do prior to modeling?
JACO VAN DEN HOVEN: I finished my high school well so I was able to travel the year after graduation.

ph:Delphine Achard Rick Owens Backstage​

PONY RYDER: How do you pronounce Jaco? Is it short for Jacob or something?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
Haha yes many people pronounce it like Jacob or in Holland like Jacco but it's just Jaco. And i think it's short for Jacob or Jacobus, that's also a Dutch name but not that common anymore.

PONY RYDER: HmHm. Holland has a lot of great artists. Who is your favorite painter?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I’m not that into painters but if I have to pick I’ll pick Vincent van Gogh.

Ph. Tsukuru Asada for Magine Lookbook​

PONY RYDER: What would you like to do besides modeling?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
Besides modeling I like to have fun and go out with my friends. I used to do sports like field hockey and some soccer but in the last 2 years I don't have enough time to follow competitions so it's not really possible to do that anymore. Besides that I like to travel and going on holidays as well.

PONY RYDER: First Love. First Crush. Tell us the story!

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
My first love was a highschool love, I was just 15 and one and a half year later we broke up and since that time I didn't turn on a big relationship. I wasn't that heartbroken because it was kind of a good feeling to be free again.

PONY RYDER: The best song for healing a broken heart is… come on Jaco!

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I think I would listen to Bob Marley a lot, maybe the song Don't worry be happy:smile:.

PONY RYDER: Who is your favorite Dutch model?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
My favorite Dutch model is Dimphy Janse. She's a friend of me in Breda and she's a very good model. I really like her pictures and she's a very nice person as well.

PONY RYDER: What do you like the best about the Netherlands? What would you recommend us to have?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I think a very good thing about Holland is that people hang out with each other pretty well, there's not that many crime and violence.

In my eyes it's a peaceful and quiet country.
If you are going to Holland I can really recommend you to go to a snack bar and order a Frikandel speciaal and a Kroket. These are two Dutch snacks and they are very delicious, so if you are going to Holland you should really check it out!

PONY RYDER: The best pizza place in Holland is…?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN
: I think the best pizza place in Holland is la Regina, it's a restaurant in Breda with delicious pizzas for a good price. I like thin wood oven pizzas with a lot of stuff on it, doesn't matter really what, fish or meat but I don't like too much vegetables on the pizza.

PONY RYDER: Before you were scouted, did you do any sports?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I always like doing sports. Before I played tennis, golf and field hockey. I always enjoyed doing sports a lot but it's impossible to do these sports when I’m traveling so I kind of miss these sports.

PONY RYDER: Do you use moisturizer?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
Sometimes when I have dry skin I like to use some but I don't really have one kind of product I always use.

PONY RYDER: What type of music do you listen to?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I really listen to all kinds of music. When I was younger I had some periods that I was listening to one kind of music more than others, but now I actually like everything. My favorite singer has always been Bob Marley, his music always makes me kind of happy and he has so many great songs. When I go out I like to go to parties with minimal and techno music.

PONY RYDER: Do you like going to music festivals?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
In the summer it's very nice to go to festivals in Holland. I like it a lot because of the good music and there's a lot of space where you can relax in the sun and listen to the music, have some drinks and the atmosphere is very nice on these festivals.

I really love to go to minimal techno festivals like Awakenings and Voltt loves summer.. these are festivals in Amsterdam which are pretty popular.

PONY RYDER: What is your favorite video game?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I always play pro evolution soccer on Playstation with my friends. I really like this game because it's the best game you can play together with your friends and I just play videogames for fun with my friends once in a while.

PONY RYDER: When it comes to cars, what would be your choice?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I'm not a big fan of cars but I have always liked the Aston Martin, maybe the one that James Bond has.

PONY RYDER: And what do think about pollution?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I think it's very hard to do something against the pollution. The best thing to decrease the pollution is to make everyone in the world start to pollute less and let them try to leave their cars and travel with public transfer but that's a very hard job. Maybe they should make people more aware of the total pollution in this world, so more people will do something about it.

PONY RYDER: Would you ever agree to do a nude ad campaign such as PETA’s Anti-Fur Ad? How do you feel about that topic?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I think it's good when people do campaigns like that for Anti-Fur but I don't think I would do such a campaign. I think they should protect these animals better and not try to solve the problem with the people who buy the fur.

PONY RYDER: Who do you hang out with during fashion weeks?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
My last fashion week in Paris was my first one, the agency put all the guys from the agency in the same hotel so that was very nice.

So the rest of the weeks I just hung out with guys from the agency and it's very nice to meet so many people.
During the day you work and in the evening you just hang out in Paris and go out to bars sometimes, it's very fun during the fashion week.

PONY RYDER: You know, you have pretty seductive eyes. Are you aware of that?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN
: Haha, uuhm I guess I’m kind of aware of that but that's just because people tell me sometimes.

PONY RYDER: Should we consider you a party animal or…?

JACO VAN DEN HOVEN:
I think I’m kind of a party animal, when I have time to go out with my friends I will never refuse a good party or an evening out. I really don't like to do nothing and stay at home and you have good bars and clubs in Amsterdam so it's fun to go out over here.

source:PR​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuslimHearts
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"