Jade de Lavareille

More from Hexa by Kuho S/S 14 Paris
c548.jpg
909f.jpg
a66d.jpg

fashionmag

After JC de Castelbajac, this girl is awesome !!

(taken by me)

Article from the Colonnade ^_^
Student turned French Model
The average Georgia College student does not attend school for one semester only to walk as a model in Paris Fashion Week less than a year later. Then again, Jade de Lavareille is not your average GC student.
Having been modeling for just more than a year, de Lavareille has already walked in Paris Fashion Week for world-renowned fashion designer John Galliano. She has met her fashion idol, supermodel Karlie Kloss, and has even been featured on the prestigious Vogue website.
But before the photo shoots and casting calls that now fill her schedule, the 5-foot-9 model attended classes, lived in the dorms and ate at The MAX just like any other GC freshman. Unlike her classmates, however, de Lavareille was living a Hannah Montana-inspired lifestyle: student by day and model by night.
“It was very funny to be in two completely different worlds at the same time, but it was always very important to me to stay focused on the studies,” de Lavareille said.
Not straying too far from the spotlight, the French international student studied with the Theatre Department on campus, taking acting classes and directing acting scenes. She even played a role in last year’s on-campus production of “The Birds.”
Karen Berman, the artistic director of Theatre Programs at GC, recalls de Lavareille in the classroom.
“Jade was a super spirit to have in class,” Berman said. “She gave off an aura, and I knew she would be perfect in my production because of her presence and movement skills.”
From her good poise and trendy style, one would think de Lavareille had been modeling all her life. However, her introduction to the modeling world was a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
A few months before she came to GC, de Lavareille was shopping in a mall near her home in France when she stumbled across a modeling competition and signed up as a participant.
The competition turned out to be Elite Model Look, an annual modeling competition hosted by Elite Model Management, which uses the competition to discover and launch the careers of unknown female fashion models. And for de Lavareille, that is just what it did.
She ended up being one of the 12 selected finalists out of the more than 10,000 women who tried out for the competition. Though she did not come in first place, her talent was recognized and rewarded nonetheless.
“It was one year ago that I realized I might have the potential to work as a model,” de Lavareille said, “and now I’ve signed a worldwide contract with the agency IMG and have been working full time ever since.”
On her success as a professional model, her GC friends, such as her former roommate Katie Stratton, have had nothing but kind words of encouragement for her.
“I’m beyond excited and happy for her, and I know she’s destined for supermodel status,” Stratton said.
De Lavareille said she plans to eventually return to school, but explained how she is receiving a different type of education that cannot be taught in a classroom.
“Modeling is like a real school in itself: You learn so much everyday, get to experience incredible things and grow as an individual like no school will ever teach you,” de Lavareille said.
Though her decision to leave GC in order to commit to her modeling career full-time ended up working out in her favor, de Lavareille said the choice was made with a heavy heart.
“Since I was little, I’ve always dreamed to live in the U.S. [GC] was a real haven for me. I had a great time and met amazing people. I really hope I can come back soon!”

By Nicole Krinsky- gcsunade.com

She was my pick to represent France that year.

So glad that she is modelling <3

**Twin-Set Campaign ^_^

Editorial for Company magazine
Photographer - Cameron McNee
Styling - Oonagh Brennan
Make up - Athena Skouvakis
Hair - Jonathan Dadoun
Model - Jade De Lavareille @IMG
ParisFashion-1.jpg

LR0084_CMcN_Shot_1_0063_F1.jpg
LR0084_CMcN_Shot_8_1180_F1.jpg

Cameron McNee studio

Russh Magazine :woot:

A Sunday smile: shopping and skating in Bondi with Jade De Lavareille from IMG.

PHOTOGRAPHY Tim Swallow
Blog_The-Collective_JadeDeLavareille_5_extra_large_1032x698.jpg

Russhmagazine.com

She is absoluetely stunning I'm sure she'll go very far in the industry. At the Sydney FW she was everywhere. :wink:

Madame Figaro Japan May 2014 (preview) :woot:

1538585_478715308895882_940610520_a.jpg

Instagram/jadedelavareille

Meet The Model: Jade de Lavareille @ IMG

bec_martin79.jpg

Jade is a European beauty with a passion for dancing in public places, croissants and Louis Armstrong. See her shoot with Bec Martin above! Get to know her a little more below.

Jerico Mandybur: Where are you from and where are you currently living?
Jade: My dad is from France, and my mother from Switzerland — so I technically live in France, 10 minutes from Geneva and the Swiss border. But I'm mostly based in Paris for work.

Earliest childhood memory?
Probably at 3-years-old, catching crabs in the water at sunset in Bali with my brother.

Moment that changed your life?
When I decided to start modeling and signed with IMG Worldwide last year.

Five women you look up to?
My mother! For her boundless love and generosity. My best friend Charlie for always being so positive and honest. Sofia Coppola for her work as a female film director. Coco Rocha for her work with the Model Alliance, defending model's rights. Emma Watson for perfectly balancing studies and work, while always staying so humble.

Best piece of advice you've ever received?
"Don't compare yourself with others." Although I'm still working on that haha!

What does 'beauty' mean to you?
Having a loving heart.

What would your last meal be?
All the chocolate I can possibly find, along with tonnes of croissants of course!

What animal do you identify with the most?
A Deer, for its gentleness while being very vigilant and strong on the inside.

What rules would you instill if you were Supreme Leader of Earth for one day?
Everyone would have to be kind and honest to each other and respect the world around them. It would be mandatory to make jokes and laugh every day — and be allowed to dance everywhere, whenever you feel like it (I already got kicked out of the Apple Store for that!)

What song do you really wish you'd written and why?
'La vie en Rose' by Louis Armstrong — such a beautiful, loving song which transports me to a peaceful place every time I listen to it.
And referring to the question before, if I was the Supreme Leader of the Earth, I would also make it mandatory to play this song in the streets, in the subway, in offices...everywhere!

Photographer: Bec Martin

Rami al Ali - Haute Couture fw14.15

flip-zone.fr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->