Jalouse June 2009 : Alexa Chung by Thomas Giddings

^I bought it today, I haven't read it yet.

the editorials aren't very good... I love Jalouse but they should seriously stop with the IT-girls !

Yeah, I guess that's my main problem, it's not only cliquey but very redundant (they just have this hipster girl gang that they keep recycling : Valentine Fillol-Cordier, I don't know we've seen her maybe 3/4 times in Jalouse,the 'putafranges',the whole socialite clique and the teen actresses).It always seems to me that,instead of finding inspiring/interesting personalities, they stick to who they know or act like trend-followers and they seem SO obsessed with US/UK hipsters.The last issue was possibly one of the rare times where they actually focused on French actresses.

I'm guessing we won't have to wait that long to get a 'gossip girl' cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peaches :woot: Love her editorial. I know many people don't like her, but there is just something about her that I love. And I don't even know what it is exactly. She's just so cool. Love Alexa's ed too.

Yeah, I guess that's my main problem, it's not only cliquey but very redundant (they just have this hipster girl gang that they keep recycling : Valentine Fillol-Cordier, I don't know we've seen her maybe 3/4 times in Jalouse,the 'putafranges',the whole socialite clique and the teen actresses).It always seems to me that,instead of finding inspiring/interesting personalities, they stick to who they know or act like trend-followers and they seem SO obsessed with US/UK hipsters.The last issue was possibly one of the rare times where they actually focused on French actresses.

I'm guessing we won't have to wait that long to get a 'gossip girl' cover.

I totally agree !

it seems all french people bought it for this 3 days week-end ...
sincerely not sure it can't stand more than this in your mind ...

anyway the review :

TENDANCE
Something about Mary by Matthew Frost and Sébastien Cambos
ft. Mary Charteris

DRESSING
Emily Hope (by Tara Darby)

DYNASTIE
Rude Boys by Edouard Plongeon and Isabelle Peyrut
ft. Claude and Louis Simonon

SHORTCUTS
Another Country by Paul Schmidt and J. Eymère
ft. A. Dellal and Ross Tanner

QUEEN OF TEENS
Some Girls by Thomas Giddings and I. Peyrut (itw by Ahlem Mebarki)
ft. Assisi Jagger (17yrs old) and Esme Hodsoll

FASHION
Being Alexa Chung by Thomas Giddings and Sébastien Cambos
ft. Alexa Chung
* just as bad as it is boring to tears *

Foxy Lady by Bella Howard and J.Eymère
ft. Laura Fraser - LDN socialite and friend of A. Dellal
* being skin in 2009 *

There must be two angels by Ami Sioux and J.E.
ft. Lola and Tali
* access. editorial - nothing special but nice *

The people vs Peaches Geldof by Edouard Plongeon and A.Sophie Thomas
ft. Peaches
* the title just says so long, as if poor Peaches were a martyr. kiss my a**, seriously ! *

a total of 140p. for only 3€ and something to read in the car from home to barcelona ... before it ends on the shelves under dust ...

it's the same old stuff than before ...
jalouse is in the teen hypster vein forever, now.
even I. Peyrut's voice is absolutely suffocating in this piece of trash ...

i feel like jalouse is trying to be the magazine of a generation, like 20 ans was in the 90s ... i think it's working ... it's not my cup of tea as a fashion magazine. but jalouse has made a 180 turn ... it's no longer a fashion magazine. we all know about that !

BUT their talents choice is always a nice stuff to read !

I'm so happy Alexa got the cover, but I wish they hadn't lumped her together with Peaches Geldof, Alice Dellal and Jade Jagger's kids :rolleyes: Anyway, here's her editorial (bar two images that I'm sure will turn up later).

Photographer: Thomas Giddings
Stylist: Sebastien Cambos
Model: Alexa Chung

Source: supersonic's flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back