Jane Fonda the latest celeb to dish about Lindsay Lohan

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
Fonda says Lohan needs to slow down
NEW YORK - Jane Fonda praised a studio executive's recent scolding of Lindsay Lohan for her absences on the set of their film, "Georgia Rule."

"I think every once in a while, a very, very young person who is burning both ends of the candle needs to have somebody say, `You know, you're going to pay the piper, you better slow down.' So I think it was good," the 68-year-old actress told "Access Hollywood" in an interview to air Tuesday.

In July, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, chided Lohan, 20, in a letter for her behavior on a movie set and doubted her absence was related to heat exhaustion. "We are well aware that your ongoing all-night, heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called 'exhaustion,'" he wrote.

Fonda agrees.

"She's in the magazines, so you always know what she's doing because you can just read about it in the tabloids," she says. "She parties all the time ... And you know, she's young and she can get away with it. But, you know, it's hard after a while to party very hard and work very hard. She learned that, I hope."

Lohan's publicist, Leslie Sloane, did not immediately return an e-mail from The Associated Press late Tuesday.

Lohan plays a troubled teen in "Georgia Rule," which co-stars Fonda and Felicity Huffman. The film, currently in production, is expected to be released next year.

Fonda is still sympathetic toward Lohan, who is estranged from her imprisoned father Michael Lohan.

"I just want to take her in my arms and hold her until she becomes grown-up," she says. "She's so young and she's so alone out there in the world in terms of structure and, you know, people to nurture her. And she's so talented."

YAHOO!

you tell her, jane.
ONTD

cosmogrl5 said:
"I think every once in a while, a very, very young person [...]

my thoughts: lohan is almost 20, that's not very, very young anymore.

cosmogrl5 said:
[...] the 68-year-old actress told "Access Hollywood" in an interview to air Tuesday.

my thoughts: ok, i never knew jane fonda was 68. she looks much younger. she may call lohan "very, very young" ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
northernsky that was the first thing I read at TFS this morning and it's made my day, I swear...

Okay ...seriously, maybe Jane was referring to the fact that Lindsay started her career when she was very, very young? :unsure:

This whole Lindsay Lohand thing reminds me a little bit of Drew Barrymore when Drew was younger....she was always out at parties getting drunk, doing various different drugs, but now look, Drew grew up and changed her ways......lol...it's funny how life works.....:innocent:

I think she gets away with a bit too much due to her "youth".
Come on, there a lot of other 20 year olds who work hard, and can hang on to a job without sacrificing their social life (entirely). I doubt most 20 somethings could roll into work hours late and then use the excuse that "I'm young, what do you expect?".

i think jane wants attention, and i am starting to believe that critizacing young starlets is a fashion and publicity for the old ones

BodhiTree said:
This whole Lindsay Lohand thing reminds me a little bit of Drew Barrymore when Drew was younger....she was always out at parties getting drunk, doing various different drugs, but now look, Drew grew up and changed her ways......lol...it's funny how life works.....:innocent:

Their apparently terrible mothers remind me of each other too.:innocent:

i think some of people who working in Georgia Rule, and trashing lindsay,
it will give their movie a publicity

"[Lindsay's behavior on her latest film] was unacceptable. It's not like she was doing Dumb & Dumber 2. It's a Jane Fonda movie! Be early! I saw [Lohan] stumbling around a club drunk [once] and her mother was going 'She's all right!' I can say this from experience: It's hard to be famous, and she's not doing it well at this point. But she'll get into rehab, take care of the eating disorder, and be all better in two years and have a huge comeback."
- View co-host Rosie O'Donnell tells the U.S version of OK magazine

-perezhilton

Celebrities are really bitchy sometimes. I think its horrible that she's telling someone about her co-star... besides, we can see Ms.Lohan's behavior on tabloids already.

PinkAddiction said:
i think jane wants attention, and i am starting to believe that critizacing young starlets is a fashion and publicity for the old ones

Yeah, sure. A living legend like Fonda needs advertising off Lohan's back.:rolleyes: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->