Jasmine Tookes

Exclusive: IRL couple Jasmine Tookes and Tobias Sørensen chat about love, modelling and social media

Toronto witnessed a cuteness overload this week when models and real life couple Jasmine Tookes and Tobias Sørensen arrived in town to launch their joint campaign for Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Eternity Now.

The fragrance is described as capturing “the thrill and raw emotion of new love, when two people realize that it is the beginning of forever,” says the press release.
With their own love story, the two were a perfect fit for the campaign. Tookes and Sørensen, or “Tookensen,” met three years ago in a New York City nightclub where Tookes allegedly gave Sørensen the wrong number. Both are highly active on social media – Tookes with 575,000 Instagram followers and Sørensen with 131,000 – which has allowed fans to eagerly follow along as their relationship blossomed. There’s even a Tumblr account, aptly named Tookensenlove, that maps out their lives together.
We sat down with the couple to talk about what it’s like to work with Calvin Klein and each other all under the watchful eye of social media.

What’s the biggest perk of working with Calvin Klein?
Jasmine Tookes: Being part of the family. It’s such an iconic brand.

What do you like best about Eternity Now?

JT: It’s really fresh! My favourite flower is peony, which is one of the notes so I can spray it all over myself and it doesn’t smell overwhelming.
And Eternity Now for Men?

Tobias Sørensen: I love it. It has a twist of cedar wood, which I find very masculine and powerful.

How does working as a couple differ from doing a solo campaign?

JT: I think working together as a couple lets you be more comfortable and you can be yourself. In this campaign we’re rolling around in a bed and it’s a bit of a look into our lives so if I was doing that with somebody that I didn’t know it would be a little bit awkward and uncomfortable. Ha!

TS: Yeah, we know each other so well so it just came off as very real. We didn’t have to fake the chemistry because it was there naturally. Also we can cheer each other up if we’re feeling sad or annoyed so it’s a real pleasure to be working together.

What does your beauty routine look like?

JT: As far as my skincare goes, I always try to wash my face and apply vitamin C and vitamin E before bed. I like to stay really moisturized and hydrated.

TS: I just tag along with Jasmine. I didn’t really have many beauty tips until I met her so now I do the same, wash my face, apply vitamin E and moisturizer. Basically, I steal her products.

If you only had five minutes to get ready, what would you do?

JT: I would grab a pair of jeans, T-shirt, a simple pair of flats, eyelash curler and lip balm.

TS: Jeans, T-shirt and a baseball cap.

Beauty products you can’t live without?

JT: I need a good concealer and mascara. I like Armani foundations and Tom Ford does great mascara.

TS: I cannot live without my hair products and a good moisturizer. The pomade by American Crew is a favourite.

How do you stay healthy and fit as models?

JT: Well, he works out a lot so he motivates me to go to the gym because I never used to work out but now I go and you know, try and stay toned. We both go to Equinox.

TS: Now you can’t stop her. She’ll go every day! I like to do a lot of performance training. I go to a place in New York called Tone House for explosive training. It’s a lot of using your own body weight.

What does date night look like for you two?

TS: I like to be home with Jasmine and our two dogs. We put on sweatpants, watch Netflix, order some food and just have quality time.
What’s it like dating another model?

JT: I definitely find it easier to date someone in the same industry because you really understand what’s going on. A lot of the times we both shoot underwear campaigns and stuff like that so if you were dating someone outside of the industry they would be like, “you’re posing in underwear in front of another man?” With Toby, he understands.

TS: For sure. There’s really no jealousy.

JT: Especially with the last-minute trips. Like we can get a call from our agent right now and have to be Paris tomorrow and he understands that I’ve got to go.

Has social media had an impact on your careers?

TS: Being active on social media has definitely helped. Nowadays you walk into a casting and people will ask you for your Instagram account and how many followers you have. When we walked into the Calvin Klein casting, we saw all of our social and Instagram photos on the board being used as a reference so I think it had a big impact on what we do and what kind of jobs we get.

JT: It feels like Instagram is taking over the world! I mean, with work, like Tobias said, they want to know how many followers you have so you can represent the brand and see how many people you can reach.

TS: It’s become much easier for people to relate to models because before you could only see a face, you didn’t know what kind of person they were but now because of social media you can kind of tell more about someone’s personality.
What interests do you have outside of modeling?

JT: I really love photography. I probably own every camera there is in the world. And I just bought a drone and I love making videos. I just feel like I have a really creative mind and I like to explore that a little bit.

TS: I love training of course but I’m also working on some apps with a friend of mine and that’s taking up a lot of my time. It’s still a bit of a secret but hopefully before the year is out I can share more about that.

Okay, want to play a dating game?

JT: Sure!

TS: Umm…

Great! I’ll ask you a series of questions and you both have to answer to see how well you know each other. It will be fun!

What notes from Eternity Now best describe Jasmine ?

TS: Ummmmmm….

JT: This is an easy one! Peony. My name means flower!

Let’s try this again. What notes from Eternity Now for men best describe Tobias (hint: It has notes of spicy ginger, coconut, anise, star fruit, cedar, patchouli, vanilla, etc.)?

JT: Cedar wood.

Okay, the idea here is for you both to answer at the same time. Let’s try some easier questions.

Who is the most serious on set?

JT: Toby.

TS: Really?

Who is more likely to goof around?

JT: Me, ha!

TS: Jasmine.

Who is the most comfortable in front of the camera?

TS: Jasmine, well, depends what kind of camera.

JT: Ya, haha, depends on the kind of camera.

Who looks better in underwear?

JT: Me!

TS: I do. Okay, no Jasmine.

JT: Both of us.

Who takes the longest to get ready?

JT: I take like 20 minutes.

Who spends more time looking in the mirror?

JT: Toby

TS: Jasmine

JT: Just admit it!

TS: Come on! Am I winning this game or am I losing?

Who is the most thoughtful?

JT: Me.

TS: I think we both are. Why are you looking at me like that?

JT: Because I’m so thoughtful!

TS: O.K.

Who has the worst memory?

Who made the first move when you met?

TS: I did

ca.style.yahoo.com

video here

Go Ahead, Try Me: On Set For Victoria’s Secret Sport Fall 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2016 New York

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
HARPER'S BAZAAR CELEBRATES ICONS BY CARINE ROITFELD & JEAN-PAUL GOUDE

gettyimages.co.uk

I hope she will try out in acting.She has the look what movies star have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
t0nyjh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->