Jasmine Tookes

Jasmine Tookes

Victoria's Secret Angel and super model 100% made in U.S.A. Jasmine Tookes, opens up about her career, her beauty routine and her dreams exclusively here on Vogue.it

You have been discovered in LA in one of your mother, who's a celebrity stylist, showroom appointment. You spent your childhood on set with her. What did you learned from her work?

I learned a lot about set life and how things work on shoots, so I felt right at home when I did my very first job. I also learned how long it takes to prepare for a shoot as I have spent many many hours and days shopping with mother. Not to mention doing the returns. I have so much respect for the glam teams and the crew because they are the ones who make it all happen and I don't think people realize how much goes into 1 photo shoot.

Did she gave you some suggestions when you started modeling?

She has always been very instrumental in my career and has given me the best advice along the way. In modeling she taught me how not to get discouraged and to always stay positive. You have your fair amount of rejection as a model. When you go to a casting you are usually in a room full of beautiful women and you are of course hoping to be selected for the job. I have learned not to take things personal because I just may not have the look they wanted at that time, or may not be the right height or have the right length hair. It could be anything. So one thing I learned and still live by is not to take anything in this business to personal.

What is your most memorable modeling moment?

My most memorable modeling moment was my first shoot as a VS Angel when Ed Razek came to set and gave me my angel wings necklace.

Do you remember your first photo shoot?

I most certainly remember my first photo shoot. It was for Abercrombie with the renowned photographer Bruce Weber. It was truly an honor to work with him.

How does it feel to be a Victoria's Secret Angel?

It is surreal! I t's a feeling I can't even put into words. I am still pinching myself. It has been my dream since I was 12 years old. I never wanted anything more. To have a dream and actually achieve it is the best feeling in the world. I have always been very focused and determined to make this happen for me and for my career. I never gave up. I truly believe you can do anything you set your mind to.

This year was the 20th anniversary of the show and it was also your first show as an Angel, the fourth of your career. How excited and nervous was you that day?

It was a very special day! To share the runway with so many amazing girls who all work so hard to get there and to take my first walk as an Angel was like an out of body experience. I cannot describe the level of excitement I felt that day. Every time I step onto the VS runway I just get chills.

You have a flawless skin. How do you take care of it? Tell us everything about your beauty routine. Do you have some products that you can't live without?

I have a dermatologist in LA, Dr. Pearl Grimes. who keeps my skin clear and healthy. I use her skincare products on my face daily. I also apply vitamin E at night, Vitamin C during the day. I use Restoration Skincare Whipped Body Lotion and/or Body Butter daily on my skin. I do my best to keep my skin hydrated and moisturized as I am exposed to so many different elements while working.

What are your hobbies? What do you do when you are not working?

I LOVE to shop, I also love to do anything that has to do with fitness. I enjoy working out and I enjoy rock climbing. I love to challenge myself so I like to try new things. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend, my dog, friends and family. We play lots of games, eat lots of food and just relax. I also love to travel when my schedule allows. Traveling is definitely one of my hobbies. I love to explore and see and learn new things.

You were born in California but you're currently living in New York. Can you tell us some of yours Big Apple and LA hotspot?

When I am home, in California I love to go to Nobu which is a restaurant in Malibu. The food is the delicious and the ambiance is absolutely beautiful. When I am home in NY, which is where I spend most of my time, I enjoy Tao Downtown.

What is your food guilty pleasure?

Hot wings and Fries

Where will you spend your Christmas Holiday?

At home, in California with my family.

Do you have a perfect look for the holiday season? And a perfect party make-up look?

I don't' wear a lot of color as I tend to lean more towards earth tones but during the holidays I like to wear red. I also think a red lip is the perfect holiday party make-up look.

What's your dream travel destination for 2016?

The Maldives-

Lastly, where do you see yourself in ten years? Do you still have a dream to achieve?

I hope I am still modeling in 10 years as I truly love what I do. In the near future I would love to land a beauty contact, that has been a dream of mine for quite sometime. Eventually...later in life I would love to have my own make-up line. I love beauty and fashion so I am pretty sure I will be in this business for a vey long time. Why not build a little empire. Dream it! Wish it! Do it!

vogue.it

Victoria’s Secret Sport kicks off 2016 with an epic deal—a FREE Victoria’s Secret Sport pant (reg. up to $72.50) when you buy one of the world’s best sport bras at full price! Featuring Martha Hunt, Behati Prinsloo, Sara Sampaio, Elsa Hosk, Jasmine Tookes and Lily Aldridge. #ThisIsEpic

lovevsmodels, via, Lost_Girl

Best of 2015 #tbt #unpublished
New very promising tests / collabs / encounters...
Like the mesmerizing VS angel @jastookes
April15 #haircolorist #preference shoot by @fabienbaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidirmy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->