Jasmine Tookes

VICTORIA'S SECRET ANGEL JASMINE TOOKES ON WORKOUTS, WINGS, AND WARDROBE MALFUNCTIONS
"Your a$$ has to be tight so it's not jiggling around!"

Today is the day! This afternoon a troop of genetically blessed humans will take the runway in an assortment of sparkly, feathery, and barely there undies, corsets, and, of course, wings, for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. But last week, we caught up with newly minted Angel Jasmine Tookes at her costume fittings to talk about how she preps for this event: what she eats, what her workouts look like, and what's going through her mind before she takes the runway.

Here, a sneak peek at what one of our new fave Angels will be wearing on the runway:

So what is your prep like for the show?

I work out every day, seven days a week. I get lots of sleep and also eat a lot of protein.

Okay, so what does your workout look like? Because seven days a week is so many days a week…

It is. I do a lot of weight training and then I mix in barre classes and Pilates. I do all kinds of things, but my main thing is weights, weight training, squats and lunges, all that kind of fun stuff.

So when do you gear up? When does that start?

That started October 1.

Oh. So that's like not too bad. Just when it's crunch time.

That's not too bad, no.

I feel like I'd have to start a year out. Okay, so seven days a week and how long every day?

Like an hour and a half. Not too bad.

And you're eating a lot of protein?

A lot of protein. A lot of grilled chicken and vegetables and also I'll eat a lot of pasta because I'm naturally on the smaller side so I try to eat a lot, gain a little muscle.

People must hate you for that. Is there something that keeps you motivated to do this?

What motivates me to work out and stuff is when I see photos of me from last year's show. All that, it makes you want that body, to keep going...Whenever you see results it makes you want to keep going and work out harder.

Do you ever really have an off time?

Not really. I have to stay basically in shape year round. I'm always in lingerie [laughs].

For the show, there are cameras everywhere: on the floor, next to you, and above you so they see everything. You really have to be nice and tight and toned.

Right, things are moving on a runway versus like in a picture.

Exactly. Your a$$ has to be tight so it's not jiggling around!

Right, right. That's makes sense. Squats.

Yeah, squats.

What are you thinking when you're going down the runway?

The number one thing I'm thinking is don't fall, first. And then after it's just really to enjoy the moment and take it all in.

Are the wings heavy?

My wings are actually pretty good. They're not heavy at all. They're fairly light, and it gives you good posture because it's like a backpack—it holds you up.

Do you do any kind of skin prep, body prep?

I just really try to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and I also use vitamin E and vitamin C on my skin. The vitamin E at night to really keep it moisturized and make sure that I don't get any breakouts before the show.

Have you ever had an emergency situation like that?

Luckily not, and hopefully not this year either.

Do you ever worry about wardrobe malfunctions?

No, I mean, I feel pretty secure in my looks this year definitely. Last year, I forget, there was something…I think my underwear were like a little loose and I was nervous that they were going to slip off! But it was fine.

What is the vibe like backstage when you're getting ready?

It's a lot of fun, the energy is crazy, and everyone is so excited. It's fun because all of the girls get to finally be together because we're not always together. We're always shooting along or with just one of the other girls so it's fun. It's like a little family.

And you're an Angel this year! Does that add any pressure?

I mean, it's definitely more nerve-wracking to be an Angel this year because all eyes are on you. We're being interviewed left and right and the cameras are always on us whereas the years before, I wasn't an Angel, so it was a bit more…

You were just able to kind of sneak into the group?

Totally, you're under the radar. So this year I have to be on 24/7.

But you don't all have matching secret tattoos stamped on your body or anything? Skull and Bones induction or anything? I didn't know if there was some kind of secret ceremony that happens to become an Angel.

[Laughs] No, there should be.

What would it look like I wonder?

Badass.

Badass, that's true. What do you do the night before the show? Do you eat something special? Do you go to bed at like 7 p.m.?

I try to definitely get a lot of sleep, I go to bed earlier than I normally do and just hope that I'm not going to be tired the next day. I just really try to take it easy and relax because it's not good if I stress before, you know? Like I said, I don't want to break out or something. So just really relaxed, chilling at home, nothing special.

Is there anything that you're looking forward to in particular this year?

I'm looking forward to The Weeknd performing. I think that he is an awesome artist and I love his music. That will be fun.

So the Angel wings are obviously just for the runway, but where would you wear them in real life?

I would wear them every day if I could [laughs]. I would just walk around the city.

Do you have a favorite pair of wings?

I think this year's. They're pretty cool. They're like a bit darker.

That's awesome. You could just wear them to the grocery store, standing in line at Whole Foods…

In the shower…

elle.com

eternity now behind the scene

th_tumblr_nw8o80uTmu1qjrvino1_500_zpsgczknkaj.gif
[/URL]
calvinklein

Glamour US, January 2016
"#SquadGoals"
photographer & stylist: Carlene Cerf de Dudzeele
models: Jasmine Tookes, Romee Strijd, Stella Maxwell, Candice Swanepoel, Adriana Lima, Lily Aldridge
Glamour pdf

At the center of your favorite runway looks is lingerie that you can buy and wear RIGHT NOW! For Jasmine Tooke’s Portrait of an Angel look, it’s the Dream Angels Demi Bra and Cut-Out Lace V-String. Watch as the look comes together before your eyes, and watch the 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on Tuesday, December 8, 10/9C on CBS.

lovevsmodels, via, Lost_Girl

Watch 4 Victoria’s Secret Angels Take on the Tough Mudder Challenge

Romee Strijd, Jasmine Tookes, Stella Maxwell, and Sara Sampaio prove just how tough Victoria’s Secret Angels really are.

Model Jasmine Tookes attends the 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show viewing party at Highline Stages on December 8, 2015 in New York City.

gettyimages.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidirmy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->