Jasmine Tookes

jasmine-tookes-5.jpg.27bc556a175e79dfc377f1a2f7747f6e.jpg

bellazon via people

Congrats!

This is pretty extraordinary. There are models who have been with VS for much longer who have never worn the Fantasy Bra. They must really be investing in her future with them.

Congrats to Jas! :smile:

It looks great on her! I love the diamonds and emeralds, it's a pretty bra. I wish they would have chosen another shot to be the main promo image but she'll look great down the runway.

BRIGHT NIGHT

PHOTOGRAPHER: DAVID BELLEMERE
MODEL: JASMINE TOOKES
DESIGNER: EDDIE BORGO
HAIR: DANIELLE PRIANO
MAKE-UP: CAROLINA GONZALEZ

visualizing fashion

I know this is my 5th post but no one else posted the ^ pics and probably won't since they're a few days old so I have to do these multiple posts.

I'm very excited for Jas and the FB! I knew out of all the new angels she was the only one who was guaranteed one - I'm just glad she got it sooner than later! :heart:

That being said, I can't imagine how hard the fashion industry can be for black models and Jas is lucky in that she's worked steadily and has earned money steadily with all her campaigns & VS contract. So while I'm sure she's grateful I personally feel that even with the challenges black models face in the industry she doesn't have enough of a hustler mentality/is kinda lazy :lol:

So I really hope she/her team at IMG decide to try to create a few more opportunities for her after getting this FB such as more editorials (or even covers, and high fashion campaign(s)). She doesn't have any high fashion campaigns (except for DKNY) so hopefully she walks next season, at least a few shows like she did during s/s 17 so someone decides to hire her for a campaign.

And as it relates to eds/covers, she has an ed in SELF's November issue. I'd love if she got the December cover of SELF to do promo for the show, since outside of Adriana, she's their best Sport model. If not December, I hope she can get something next year. Same for Maxim even (multiple VS girls got covers of the mag this year). The Edit (again other VS girls have gotten covers) would be really nice.

And lastly, a (solo, non VS-related) Vogue cover would be wonderful! Riley and Anais got Vogue Ukraine and Cora Emmanuel got Vogue Mexico. Another black model who's name escapes me also got a Vogue Mexico cover so I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility. And dare I say? Maybe VI? I think she's had an ed in the mag every year since 2011, and she got an ed in the mag before her 1st runway season so she has a history with VI. That's probably not likely but stranger things have happened.

Now that her new BF has an office job (and lives on the west coast) she should theoretically have a little more time on her hands outside of shooting VS and the occasional JCrew shoot so hopefully she decides to use it wisely. Increase her profile and maybe even get a beauty contract out of it (that's she's long overdue for, Bobbi Brown's current spokeswoman doesn't hold a candle to Jas face-wise :lol:, sorry but it's true). I know she shot something on a beach set before she went to Paris for a week, spent a long time in Paris to only walk Chanel (maybe, hopefully she shot something there then) and also spent 2 days in London shooting something after Paris (that could be for something like 10 Magazine, though). Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those shoots are just the beginning of a productive year for her next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Self October 2016
"Boot Camp Strong"
Model: Jasmine Tookes
Photographer: Boe Marion
Stylist: Almudena Guerra
Hair: Wesley O'Meara
Makeup: Gyndle Komarovski

Self October 2016 Digital Edition

Jas looked stunning in the FB!!! :wub::heart:

From what I can tell, her look and walk were very well received (despite being ignored here/her thread not being updated with pics until I did it now :rolleyes:). She's the only reason I'm watching the show tomorrow night (and not the whole show, I'm fast-forwarding through most of it). I hope she'll trend tomorrow night on twitter like the last 2 years!

Also, the week before she went to Paris she shot something at Pier 59 studios. I looked up that tag on instagram and I think she may have shot for VI since some stylists interns tagged some posts #vogueitalia and they were also at Pier 59 that day. Fingers crossed!

low key/high key miss her with tobias. she looks like a goddess <3

As soon as I saw that Jas didn't close the show like it was reported that she would in W Magazine, I knew she was gonna get screwed when the show aired, and my instinct was right. :rolleyes:

With how the modeling industry is going now (models aren't being developed as they have in the past and come and go eal quick, so you know it's worse for black models) Jas will probably be there for another 4-5 years, at least. There's no talent in terms of black models that can take her place currently (since VS likes black-American models) and I don't see that changing any time soon (I think the likes of girls like Binx and Selena F. would rather walk in traffic than walk the show and those are the types of girls that are having some sort of staying power currently).

So, for a number of reasons, I don't think last night is how you treat your model who's wearing the FB and who's the 3rd black model to wear it in 20+ years of your show. I don't think that's how you treat your model who will probably be a face of your company for a total of 6-8 years as an angel (and who may work for the company 10+ years). I don't think that's how you treat a model who's improved so much (she's the best model imo, in terms of versatility and why she may be too shy/reserved in interviews, I still think with her shortcomings she's still really good).

I wonder how she feels... If I were her, I'd be pretty upset. I wish she had more options outside of her current crap company (and why I wish she wasn't so lazy and kept updating her instagram beauty page. If she cultivated it, she'd have dedicated followers she could bring to a cosmetics company to better her chances of a contract). In the pics I'm about to post, you can see her flawless physique. I definitely think she'd be a great spokesmodel for the likes of Nike, Puma, etc. But that can't happen so long as she's with her current employer.

So yeah, she deserved better. I hope she wises up and tries to make a cosmetics contract happen ASAP because if this is how she gets treated with the FB I can't imagine how she'll get treated one she's close to 30 and her time is up... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pickledpear53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->