Jasmine Tookes

Yes they definitely should have pushed Jas A LOT more than they did in this show. They kind of paid her dust by not doing a segment about her like they normally do with Fantasy Bras. And I think she can still get a sports contract, I think Karlie did. Though to do that they would have to not use her for VSX and she is their main player other than Josephine, but if it's to boost her star power (and by default, VS since they've been going down) they could probably make it happen.

^ Yes, now that you mention it, I remember Karlie's Nike deal. Was she still with VS then? Even if she was, while only a few years ago, that was a different time at the company. Basically, they weren't doing poorly back then :lol: - they (probably) still sold clothing and beauty and swim. Now? They've cut so many things... they only really have lingerie, PINK and Sport to buoy their company at this point.

Since they couldn't even manage to give Jas a minute long segment in the show for her FB, I doubt they'd make another athletic contract happen for her, especially a competitor when they need Sport to do well or their company is gonna be a trouble.

I'm going to post a shot from Elle US January 2017 in a second and I'm just in awe of her skin! :shock: I'm sure she's wearing makeup (a no makeup look) but even so, I'm sure they spent more time photoshopping her tattoo on her shoulder than her face!:o:lol::wub:

The fact she doesn't have a cosmetics contract is criminal... they fact that she doesn't have a lot of things is criminal (especially compared to some of her 'contemporaries') but that's the life of a black model, I guess :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
ELLE US Jan 2017

28 Stories
Photographer: Terry Tsiolis
Stylist: Samira Nasr

via Visualizing Fashion

^ I did say I wanted her on a Maxim cover (since her co-workers have landed their own covers) but this was the shoot at Pier 59 Studios and not Vogue Italia like I was hoping/speculating... Oh well. I hate the styling but she's also the first black model (and probably black woman period) to be on the cover, so there's that I guess. Congrats to her! :D:clap:I hope she lands more covers this year (that she doesn't have to share) in particular SELF or Women's Health which I think she is perfect for.

Wow I had no idea she was the first black model to get the cover of Maxim. About time then! It's 2017 for goodness sakes.

With that being said I'm actually pretty underwhelmed. The cover shot is beautiful but I was expecting a bit more with the other photos. The fourth photo is stunning but I think it's the second and third that are just kind of meh to me. Wish she did more than just look down. Especially with the sexy styling, she could have completely owned this shoot and made it super sexy.

I hope she gets many more covers this year!

^ I can't even begin to describe how much I don't care about Maxim or its cover subjects 99.99% of of the time, hence in my post writing 'apparently' because I saw someone say she was the first black model on the cover on instagram and I didn't care enough to look it up to confirm myself. All the other BS (h/t Jourdan Dunn) models land this cover and once again Jas was ignored but now she finally has her own cover and I can go back to not knowing this mag exists. But thanks for the clarification, I guess...

Anywho, the rest of the pics have been released and are in the next post. And compared to some of the next pics, Modellove, the pics where she's looking down are pretty decent. It sucks because the ones that are good are so good! I love the feather necklace pic, the one where she's wearing the mask (my absolute fave), the pic where she's wearing the leather jacket, pants and boots (my 2nd favorite), the cheeky-undies pic and the off-the-shoulder white look (apparently Alaia). The others? I hate to say, they belong in the photoshop disasters thread :ninja:. Nonetheless, I'm happy for her :cool: and I really hope she can land at least one more cover this year (if not more).

Maxim Magazine February 2017

'Like a Diamond'

Photography: Gilles Bensimon
Model: Jasmine Tookes​
Styling: Caroline Christiansson​
Hair: David Von Cannon​
Make-Up: Quinn Murphy​
Manicure: Kana Kishita

via awake-smile.blogspot.com

ETA: I had to delete 2 pics because you can only upload 15 and the total number of pics were 17. I just deleted the pics of her in the chair in the vest playing with her hair, fyi.

Oh wow, now that the other photos are here the entire photoshoot really was beautiful! It's stunning. Still not into the looking down ones, but honestly all the photos are so beautiful that it's fine. The cat woman one has to be my fave!

Jeremy Scott Ready To Wear Fall Winter 2017 New York
Jeremy-Scot-RTW-FW17-New-York-1859-1486760163-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion

^thx... she also walked Jonathan Simkhai today, will post shortly. Hope she walks a few more shows during NYFW. I'd love for her to walk the other cities too but am not holding my breath. She also has some new editorial work - 1 shot in 10 Magazine's newest issue and 1 shot in (trash) Vogue... always nice to see new editorial work from her but would love to see more only girl, multi-page editorials.

Model Jasmine Tookes attends the 25th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Academy Awards Viewing Party at The City of West Hollywood Park on February 26, 2017 in West Hollywood, California.
Uc2A94y.jpg

zimbio

Jasmine Tookes Sighting in LA

Jasmine at LAX today! (Photo by Hollywood To You/Star Max/GC Images)

Attachments

• celebsightings1.jpg
    celebsightings1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
  • celebsightings2.jpg
    celebsightings2.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
  • celebsightings3.jpg
    celebsightings3.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1
  • celebsightings4.jpg
    celebsightings4.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 0
Is she another one that calls the paparazzi on herself? That's the only thing I can think of why she (and others) always have those professional type pictures on their IG even though the mainstream world doesn't know her

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pickledpear53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->