Jesús Ibarra + Bertholdo Fall/Winter 2006, Mexico City

brian

Reaction score
Wed. 05 April, 2006

Jesús Ibarra + Bertholdo followed Alana with a striking runway display. Balloon skirts and long waisted evening gowns swept the catwalk to moderate applause, and while the bridal gown finale was very theatrical—complete with tiaras and floating rose petals—the opening looks were the real standouts, fusing old and new Mexico together: black and white bouclé knits that seemed so Chanel, but were shaped like peasant blouses, slouchy and wide. The sly fauxhemian look at once embraced—and defied—Mexican tradition. "It's always drama on this runway," said Quatro's editor-in-chief Fabiola Aragones after the show. "You expect a big performance from Jesús Ibarra + Bertholdo, and that is exactly what you got!"
- fashionweekdaily.com

As disciples of great fashion masters Enrique MartÌnez and Manuel Méndez, Jesús Ibarra and Bertholdo developed a taste for haute couture. Having worked in the best Italian ateliers, they create avant-garde designs where cut and excellent materials are of paramount importance. Among their most outstanding collections shown in Mexico are: Metrópoli (2002), Klimt (2003), Cubismo (2004) and Tahiti (2005). In November 2003 they opened their showroom in the very chic area of Polanco in Mexico City. In 2005 they were chosen by El Palacio de Hierro as part of an elite group of Mexican designers whose collections are available at the International Room in the Santa Fe store, where they take care of their exclusive clientele.
- fashionweekmexico.com

all photos, fashionweekmexico.com

267_big.jpg
268_big.jpg

269_big.jpg
271_big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something that is keeping me interested, still I don't know if I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->