Jessica Simpson New Clothing Line

TWILO said:
to me, jessica simpson is ultra-cheesy. i like her as an artist, but when

it comes to style, i think she's more of a follower. i don't intend to buy her designs.

but hats off to her new line. :lol:

I so agree with you that she is a follower...all the way. With that in mind, it doesn't make sense that she is creating her own line:huh: ...but she is taking advantage of every opportunity she's getting b/c she has a HUGE following.

I dont intend to buy it either...but as I said before, for a celeb clothing line, its not THAT bad...I expected WAY worse.

Eh, its not too bad. It just better be as cheap as it looks. Not that i'll be buying it.

Who isn't doing it? Although, I'm vaguely surprised here... it's like sl*tty old lady.

Love it

I love it! Where is it going to be for sale at? And what is the price range?

I don't know price ranges, but I heard that it was sold to Kohl's, but IMO it looks like it would be more successful at a larger department store:huh: (although maybe its going to be?)

To me it looks like she sat down and said "Let me open a magazine, take every possible trend I see, and throw it all together".

NOE said:
I've gotta say, its better than I thought:blush: Much better than JLOs moderate line.

ditto...it's not bad for what it is...

merged with an older thread...
same topic...

softgrey said:
merged with an older thread...
same topic...

Thanks:flower: I tried looking for it...but couldn't find it.

no problem...thx for looking...there wer a few actually...some in fashion daily...that's probalby why you had a hard time finding it...sometimes it's good to search all forums...

anyway...thx for the pics...supposedly it's aimed at stores like macy's and the retail will be about $59-$79....so with that in mind...the stuff really could be a LOT worse..imo...

softgrey said:
this article from another thread that i merged has a lot of info...

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=399010&postcount=30

Ooo thanks for the info^_^ Good to know it will be sold at Macy's...cause as I mentioned before, I think it has good potential for her customer base there, rather than Kohl's (why was I thinking Kohl's? did anyone hear of that too or maybe i'm confusing is with something else?)

My god, that girl is SCARY. Those TEETH. That enormous HAIR. The FOREHEAD! She looks like the robot-alien woman from Mars Attacks.

I really dont like her style. it just looks asif she copies out of a glossy. Who would actually buy these clothes?

NOE said:
Ooo thanks for the info^_^ Good to know it will be sold at Macy's...cause as I mentioned before, I think it has good potential for her customer base there, rather than Kohl's (why was I thinking Kohl's? did anyone hear of that too or maybe i'm confusing is with something else?)

no...i didn't say it
WILL be sold at macy's...i said it was TARGETED at macy's...
they are probably writing sales orders and negotiating that as we speak...that's what the trade show is for...buyers come to see the line and write their orders...

so once the show is over...we'll know where the collection will be sold...:flower:

*it might be kohl's...you never know...or it might be both...
it will be whoever places the biggest orders i'm sure...

This is not true fashion, celebrities are mearly making an extension to their brand and image. Fashion from a real designer is an expression of themselves and their creative vision, not what else they can peddle off onto people.
No matter what their press release says, I doubt very much that they had a real hand in actually designing any of this stuff. What was said earlier about these people being followers not leaders, is completely true. None of J Simpsons stuff is all that groundbreaking, although some is pretty I will give her that.
I know that I'm stating the obvious but I wanted to say it. :flower:

Misako said:
I'd rather lick the person wearing a scent I like (snuggling up to my SO who's always got amazing colognes on is great)...rather than licking their scent off, say, a hand... If I wanted to lick something sweet off someone, I'd get REAL food, thanks. lol.

I think thats point..they smell good so you curl up next to them and then when you kiss their neck instead of getting that icky chemial perfume taste you get coconut or sugar cookie or what have you.:woot:

As You Like It said:
My god, that girl is SCARY. Those TEETH. That enormous HAIR. The FOREHEAD! She looks like the robot-alien woman from Mars Attacks.

lol, how harsh!

softgrey said:
no...i didn't say it
WILL be sold at macy's...i said it was TARGETED at macy's...
they are probably writing sales orders and negotiating that as we speak...that's what the trade show is for...buyers come to see the line and write their orders...

so once the show is over...we'll know where the collection will be sold...:flower:

*it might be kohl's...you never know...or it might be both...
it will be whoever places the biggest orders i'm sure...

Thanks for the explaination...it said it was aimed at department stores such as Macy's which leads me to believe that something is already in the works. Although I guess we should never assume anything....it is retail, things always change:P

I do know how it all works though cause I've got buyers at Magic this week doing the same thing:flower:

I would buy them just because right now I don't have a budget to buy the "Real thing" I mean if it was good enough quality. I like the purses though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->