ivonaive

Reaction score
Jessica Sued Over Fashion Choices

Photos
114446610000_2.jpg

[SIZE=-1]E! Online Photo[/SIZE]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fri Apr 07, 8:15 PM ET[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
As far as some of her business associates are concerned, Jessica Simpson is not exactly the employee of the month.
The "In This Skin" singer has been sued for $100 million by an apparel company that claims she failed to promote their product as promised, the Smoking Gun Website reports.
According to the complaint, filed in New York State Supreme Court by the Tarrant Apparel Group, Simpson inked a multimillion-dollar three-year licensing deal in December 2004 to launch a line of low-priced jeans and clothing.
Under the terms of the agreement, Simpson was supposed to be "actively involved" in promoting the garb, including wearing items from the line at "public events, shows and appearances" whenever "reasonably practicable."However, it seems Simpson attended precious few events she deemed suitable for trotting out the affordable duds, leading the company to gripe that she "simply failed to provide the promised support."
The company contends the Dukes of Hazzard star even refused to be photographed wearing items from the JS by Jessica Simpson and Princy collections, and that when asked by the press to name her favorite brand of jeans at an event last year, she replied "True Religion," rather than "Princy."

b
Princy jeans, which are named after the nickname given to Simpson by her father, retail for around $60, while True Religion jeans can set the denim connoisseur back upwards of $350.
Tarrant claims Simpson's unwillingness to back the line crippled its marketing plan and caused it to lose valuable contracts with retailers.
According to its court documents, the company has already shelled out $2.2 million in licensing fees to the singer-actress and has agreed to another $6 million in guaranteed payments.
The ex-Newlyweds star, who's already balancing a jam-packed schedule, had not yet responded to the suit as of Friday.
In addition to her ongoing divorce proceedings from Nick Lachey, Simpson is currently in production on the comedy Employee of the Month opposite Dane Cook and Dax Shepard, and recently signed on to star in Major Movie Star, about an actress who hits rock bottom and enlists in the Marines. She is also rumored to have landed a role in the big-screen adaptation of Baywatch.
Meanwhile, she has also been in the studio working on her upcoming album And The Band Played On, which is expected to be released via her new label, Epic Records, sometime this year. As if that weren't enough to keep a soon-to-be single girl occupied, Simpson has reportedly been channeling her inner Angelina Jolie by looking into adopting a baby sometime in the future, as well as possibly funding her own orphanage, her rep confirmed last month.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
yahoo

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to say that "Jessica Simpson Sued Over Fashion Choices" is a headline that goes a long way toward restoring my faith in the world as a sane and just place :lol:

She obviously only did it for the money.

WOW....this only proves how stupid she really is.....

Anastasia said:
I just have to say that "Jessica Simpson Sued Over Fashion Choices" is a headline that goes a long way toward restoring my faith in the world as a sane and just place :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

valerique said:
$100 million!!! isn't it too much?

I think there is no limit when sueing a Celebrity...it`s like negotiating at a Bazaar - starting with a fantasy-price and seeing what you can get out...:innocent:

Anastasia said:

Karma for you! :rofl::flower:

Probably not the smartest idea to avoid the subject (her obligation to this company) but I'm guessing she didn't have much say in this line with the exception of giving the use of her name and face. She probably saw how sh*tty the line was going to be and didn't want her hand in it. ^_^

I dont know why but this girl annoys me a lot.

I find it hilarious that the media are always targeting her and this just makes it more funny.

Oh and I saw the jeans that she was suppose to wear, they are ugly. No one one should even be wearing them.

Didn't see say she helped designing them a few months back?

lemeray said:
Oh and I saw the jeans that she was suppose to wear, they are ugly. No one one should even be wearing them.

Didn't see say she helped designing them a few months back?

Lol..even if they're ugly. Tough luck for Jessica. Maybe she should have thought more instead of only seeing $$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sennin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->