Jessica Simpson wants to adopt

truebluejen

Reaction score
:shock: http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1178046,00.html

Jessica Simpson is considering adopting a child, her publicist, Rob Shuter, has confirmed.

"Nothing has been finalized yet," Shuter, who was asked when and how Simpson would adopt, told the Associated Press on Tuesday. He added, "It is true that she's exploring options."

The 25-year-old singer-actress, who filed for divorce from Nick Lachey last December, recently told TV's Extra: "I want to adopt, and I plan to adopt before I have my own kids.

She also said of a particularly well-known adoptive mother, "I think Angelina Jolie has done amazing, amazing things, and the international adoption rate just since her has skyrocketed. It's unbelievable."

Shuter said that for the past several years Simpson and her family have anonymously contributed money to various Mexican orphanages, and that Jessica was 11 years old when she visited her first orphanage with a church group.

^ That's very nice, Jessica, but let's not forget you just got a checkbook ... are you ready for a child??? :innocent: Maybe start with a goldfish and see if you can keep it alive ... :huh:

^ :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, it's a nice idea, and lord knows there are plenty of kids out there who need a home.....I just worry for the one who winds up with her.

I'm guessing this is her PR team trying to desperately fix her image since most people think the divorce was Jessica's fault.

Yay! Angelina adopted, let's all adopt now! Our children aren't actually people anymore, but instead they are props... Yay!

Guys, keep in mind that bears have very low IQs, but make excellent mothers. Let's give her a chance <3

Uchina said:
Guys, keep in mind that bears have very low IQs, but make excellent mothers. Let's give her a chance <3

:lol:

Yes, but bears can't grow up to be Unabombers ...

Wilmer certainly does need some guidance, but I rather doubt that Jessica can provide it ...

That's sweet that she wants to adopt. I'd argue the stability of a single parent household, though I don't think that's an issue in this case! Though it would be nice for the kid to have a dad, too, having a mom is better than living in the orphanage, however. It's hard for kids in single parent situations, and it would probably still be hard even if your new mommy is Jessica Simpson. This would be cruel if it was only a publicity stunt.

I hope if she does, other people follow her example. There are so many children who need parents. I want to adopt a girl when I'm older. :smile:

she should either adopt a dicitionary or a preschool teacher.why didn't Nick urb off on her at all!??

is this just an excuse for her to hire a male nanny? might be her only chance in getting a man to live with her again :innocent: (not to mention the only chance of the adopted kids not ending up illiterate and/ or under the control of Papa Joe) :ninja:

anybody else finding it weird that she says she wants to adopt instead of saying she wants a child and decided to adopt one for whatever reason? like it was all about the adoption procedure.. other than that i don't know her well enough to judge whether she is a good mother or not, i just wish she has a good reason for her doings that she just does not reveal in that interview.. (other than angelina jolie has adopted and the adoption rate has risen. mh.)

On the bright side, the kid could teach her one or two things about common sense and general knowledge... The baby is bound to have a higher IQ than her...

Oh dear god, whatever Angelina has done for international adoption Jessica will quickly erase.
The girl is still a child herself, she couldnt take care of her dog properly.

I guess it is better than staying in an orphanage, but will Jessica parade around like Angelina? I'm sorry, but I feel that a child needs a mother and a father who are not celebrities so they can lead a normal life. Why don't she get another dog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->