Nick Wants Support, Jewelry from Jessica

Hipkitten

Diamond
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES, CA, United States (UPI) -- Nick Lachey filed divorce papers in Los Angeles Friday requesting spousal support from his soon-to-be ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, People magazine reported.

Simpson, who filed for divorce Dec. 16, said in her papers she did not want to pay alimony to her spouse of three years and co-star of MTV`s popular reality show, 'Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica.'

In his papers filed Friday, Lachey cited irreconcilable differences for the split, People said.

In addition to alimony, Lachey asks for jewelry and other personal effects, his earnings and accumulations from and after the date of separation and additional property assets to be determined.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/article_1131038.php/Money_is_an_issue_in_%60Newlyweds%60_split

This could get ugly...

Good! I think there should be less stigma associated with men getting spousal support. Jessica wouldn't be where she is today if it wasn't for her marriage to Nick.

BoscoBJGD said:
Good! I think there should be less stigma associated with men getting spousal support. Jessica wouldn't be where she is today if it wasn't for her marriage to Nick.

agreed, I don't really blaim him for asking for support, especially if she ended the marriage. plus I'm sure he's only doing what all his advisors/lawyers are telling him to do.

I'm surprised Papa Joe didn't force her to sign a prenup.......
that's what happens when you don't dumb***!

At first I was a little turned off by him from reading this... but I guess people are right, she wasn't anywhere really prior to their marriage.

That may mean that we'll no longer see her with LV's and cowboy boots, 'cause she won't afford them. Awwww, what a pity!:cry: :innocent: :lol:

Jessica is becoming more and more greedy imo..... Someone said in here earlier that Jessica wouldn't be where she is today if she never married Nick and did the newlywed show. And her carreer was bad to begain with. If anything Nick should have half of everything! And yes, this could get ugly!:nuke:

I'm really getting sick of seeing her in those stupid Pizza Hut commercials too!

Eurgh I can't stand Simpson, I hope Nick's the one who goes from strength to strength after all of this and the good for nothing airhead disappears back into obscurity where she rightfully belongs...

Is there any truth in these allegations being made by a photographer and reporter that they saw Jessica tonguing Adam Maroon 5 in 2004? I wouldn't put it past the tart....:innocent:

roppal222 said:
Eurgh I can't stand Simpson, I hope Nick's the one who goes from strength to strength after all of this and the good for nothing airhead disappears back into obscurity where she rightfully belongs...

Is there any truth in these allegations being made by a photographer and reporter that they saw Jessica tonguing Adam Maroon 5 in 2004? I wouldn't put it past the tart....:innocent:
LOL....I love how you say "tart" :lol:

DreamsAreMade said:
I'm surprised Papa Joe didn't force her to sign a prenup.......
that's what happens when you don't dumb***!

I think Nick was actually worth more than Jessica when they married. :lol:
That's probably why.

I agree he is entitled to some of the money she made while married to him. Nobody really gave a sh*t about her before Newlyweds.

That really made me nostalgic for a time when the general public didn't care about Jessica Simpson's every move.:cry:

sirene said:
I'm really getting sick of seeing her in those stupid Pizza Hut commercials too!
Me too! The one I could not stop laughing was the one with Miss Piggy. Jessica says "and I thought I was the POP star" or something like that. It was for Round Table Pizza and their new "pop" pizza or something like that. I haven't seen Miss Piggy in a while and I say, she's looking much better then Jessica Simpson....:innocent: :lol: :wink:

brokenenglish said:
I think Nick was actually worth more than Jessica when they married. :lol:
That's probably why.

I agree he is entitled to some of the money she made while married to him. Nobody really gave a sh*t about her before Newlyweds.

That really made me nostalgic for a time when the general public didn't care about Jessica Simpson's every move.:cry:

Yeah, It's hard to remember when Jessica wasn't as popular as she is now... But when they got married HE was the one with the money. He's a smart, down-to-earth mid-western guy that knows how to save hard earned money... she on the other hand knows how to spend it:innocent:

I believe she was actually in debt when they married... due to her album having rough sales and her big wedding. The ONLY reason she became famous was from the Newlyweds, which took TWO people to create. Nick was more famous and had more money in the beginning believe it or not. Her father didn't want a prenup at the time... Ha, HA!

I agree that he should get some money. I don't think they signed a prenup though because I don't think that they thought that they would ever be headed for Splitsville but whatever.

He deserves half the earnings because if it wasn't for him Jessica wouldn't be able to afford her LV bags and awful fashion sense.

I don't think Nick is broke but I think he is a hard saver who would rather be frugal than "spend it up". I remember watching Newlyweds and how annoyed he used to get at Jessica's spending habits.
I also remember reading an article were Nick wanted to be smart with their earnings because he knew fame was fickle and they wouldn't be raking it in forever.

I really hope JS fades into obscurity, she's put feminism back 20 years and encouraged young girls to revel in stupidity :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->