Jessie J

Reaction score
12221229160_12211858360_jessiesmall.jpg

www.jessiejofficial.com

I've made a complete u-turn with my opinion of Jessie J. Girl can SING. Jessie is a songwriter and has written for Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera and um, Miley Cyrus.

JessieJDoIt.jpg

promonews.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOf3kYtwASo&feature=related
Do It Like A Dude - JessieJVEVO

"Do It Like A Dude" is the title of her first single in the UK and was originally intended for Rihanna. "Do It Like A Dude" is catchy and I liked the way she was styled but found the video to be a bit vulgar. Nethertheless, I don't switch over when it comes on and I find her sort of captivating. I noticed her talent when she performed on Jools Holland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S849lrkmuRc&feature=player_embedded

She won BBC Sound of 2011 yesterday. I'm excited about this artist and keen to hear what she does next.

"Mama Knows Best" from Jessie's own youtube channel. Goosebumps at 1:00 onwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TswOLHUQFPk&feature=related

l_65d30952bf2f4acabb24abd3c80bd7bf.jpg

www.myspace.com/jessiejofficial

l_268023ad4e8242a3b2a26c8514dbe557.jpg

l_43399279fa1748a3b6bdb908078316d4.png

Cher Lloyd wishes she was as good as this! :lol::rolleyes:

I think she has a very distinctive style, both in her dress and vocally. I don't love 'do it like a dude'. I prefer 'who you are'. She has such an amazing voice - she can really do all vocal styles.

I think she has a very distinctive style, both in her dress and vocally. I don't love 'do it like a dude'. I prefer 'who you are'. She has such an amazing voice - she can really do all vocal styles.
Do It Like A Dude is my favorite song of hers.:P

I like her style! I'm not a huge fan of her music although she has a great voice. It's just not my preferred choice in music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Source: dailymail.co.uk

LOVE her! She's going to do big things for the British music industry! :D

Attachments

• JessieJ.jpg
    JessieJ.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4
^i definitely think she can!

i watched her performance on jools holland, singing 'price tag'. wow, what a lovely song with a great message. she sure has got a voice.
read an interview of her in timesout london, she seems like a very smart girl with her mind very clear. i admire that she doesnt smoke or drink or do drugs but is still so confident and cool.

cher lloyd tried to be like her but she's a million light years away from jessie's talents.

uk has got some of the best musical talents in the world!

Last edited by a moderator:
^I absolutly agree with you. I read that interview as well and i just think that she's a breath of fresh air and VERY cool. Love her music, voice and her style. Being from England i'm a MASSIVE advocate of the music coming out of here esp. UK urban music, it just sounds different from the music coming out of the US and Jessie J just makes me that much more proud :D.

The video for Price Tag premiers today in the UK. Just watched it on VEVO youtube and made some quick screenshots. I'm a tad disappointed.. I feel like they didn't run with the idea and some of it seemed a bit lame and soft for her - not sure it suited. I'm not worried though.. she'll build up and so will the budget.

jj2f.jpg

jj3t.jpg

jj4g.jpg

jj5d.jpg

jj6p.jpg

jj7o.jpg

and it sucks. Most of the tracks don't seem her. They sound like bland-mediocre, forgettable cast offs that were offered to other artists. I'll enjoy a live album and her shows but this is so disappointing :(

Big White Room (live) and Mama Knows Best cover of youtube fame are on there and they're of course good. The only other track worth checking out is "Who You Are."

TIMC from HolyMoly describes the problems more eloquently:

"That impressive voice ceases to be impressive when swaddled in bland production line backing tracks. There's no dynamic, no soul, no humanity; it's just a whole lot of over-compressed yelling. The campaign was so front-loaded that Who You Are needs to sound like a complete game changer or an all time classic, but it's neither. The two factors on which Jessie has been sold are her voice and her songwriting, but both are unremarkable. And we're actually shocked by that.

...a live audience, who whoop kwazily when she performs some peculiar scat singing acrobatics, leaves a cynical taste in the mouth. We get it, she can do lots of different notes when people are watching. It's like they think singing is an Olympic sport.

...There's nothing remotely real here. Nothing you could believe in. When she sings about love, it's a Coke commercial kind of love. Reaching for moons, following stars, standing up, being true to who you are.... All meaningless balls."

:(:ermm:

article: http://www.holymoly.com/reviews/music/album-review-jessie-j-who-you-are53625

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->