Jil Sander S/S 2017 : Natalie Westling by Willy Vanderperre

yuedeliming

Reaction score
YPfSYO4u.jpg

source: jil sander instagram

Wow finally something that feels different =)

She definitely brings something new and exciting to his imagery which I've not seen before. Her allure actually looks kind of ageless here, which is rare in fashion nowadays. Love the second shot.

Interesting, there is something older and younger in this.

Interesting, there is something older and younger in this.

Ja, I think so as well! It's actually quite odd. I imagine this is what Céline aims for each season, but fails.

Great team involved with a nice result. I like it.
It's the right amount of coldness I expect from Jil Sander and Vanderperre, but Paglialunga hasn't achieved with his collections yet.

She definitely brings something new and exciting to his imagery which I've not seen before. Her allure actually looks kind of ageless here, which is rare in fashion nowadays. Love the second shot.

Yes! My fav is also the second one^^

Ugh, I can't with this! She looks so sleepy and lacking energy... Like this kind of girls I see in the street who think they are super cool because they pretend to be exhausted about life, quite ill-looking, with white lips but sort of sleek-dressed... In total need of someone who tells her: 'Come on, giiiirl, wake up!!'.

Really pretentious.

What an absolute shame! I really liked the collection but these bland photos just don't do it any justice. Natalie was a poor choice here and some colour in the photos wouldn't have hurt either.

In fact, I think Natalie is a wise choice, her nonchalant face helps build the vibe Jil Sander wants to represent and it works. I love these photos more than the collection.

Natalie can't model for the life of her.

Also - if Willy is going to be the new campaign king...then he's really got to work on versatility. All of his photographs look the same. There's been no evolution to his work after all these years - always that same clinical, cold look.

Someone like Meisel obviously has a signature style, but has been able to explore versatility in his photographs for innumerable campaigns, editorials, and magazine covers. Willy does not have that same ability, I believe.

Are they printed in duo's? As stand alone pics I think they hit the mark here and there, quite like them even. Once put next to each other Im hating hard on this girl. She is just exhausting in pretence and vapidness.
Im also a bit scared of a Vanderperre avalanche. He's a master of what he does, but too much of it works suffocating on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ethan1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->