Jimmy Choo H&M Collaboration

La bordélique

earthbound
Reaction score
cisionwire.com

JIMMY CHOO BRINGS GLAMOUR TO H&M THIS AUTUMN
This autumn, British accessory brand Jimmy Choo will bring its international glamour and covetable shoes and bags to selected H&M stores. The collection will be available from November 14 in around 200 stores across the world. It is the first time that H&M is collaborating with an accessories brand, and to celebrate Jimmy Choo will extend its design vision for this collection to women’s clothing to complement the accessories. Further exciting news is that this collaboration includes a men’s collection of shoes, bags and accessories.
“We are privileged to be among the fashion greats who have been affiliated with H&M so far, and to be designing a collection appealing to fashion savvy, street smart women, and to be including some great pieces for men, too. Jimmy Choo will bring to H&M a sophisticated, fashion forward, accessible and glamorous collection – the perfect party pieces to buy now and then wear out that night!” Tamara Mellon, Founder and President, Jimmy Choo.

“We adore Jimmy Choo’s shoes and bags. They are glamorous and sexy, and they add instant style to the simplest of outfits. I like the way we have worked with clothes to accessorize the shoes and bags rather than the other way around. This collaboration is particularly exciting because it’s our first shoe designer collection. It’s a joy to be able to offer top end designer shoes and bags of excellent quality to our customers.” Margareta van den Bosch, creative advisor, H&M.

Since its launch in 1996, Jimmy Choo has been such a phenomenal success that the brand name has become part of popular culture – say the words “Jimmy Choo”, and you know you mean shoes. In Hollywood, Jimmy Choo shoes have become a red-carpet essential, and have been worn at the Oscars by winners such as Cate Blanchett, Halle Berry and Hilary Swank among many other actresses. The famous Jimmy Choo shoes will be at the heart of the exclusive collection for H&M, but there’s more. Jimmy Choo has also become well known for its bags, and for H&M there will be a whole range of accessories to complete the look.

Last edited by a moderator:
cisionwire.com

jc2highres.jpg

Margareta van den Bosch and Tamara Mellon

jc5highres.jpg

Shoes from the collection

jc4highres.jpg

Tamara Mellon, model wearing Jimmy Choo for H&M and Margareta van den Bosch

i was going to post this. that's very interestig.... but i deeply FEAR for the quality of the shoes. hm shoes' quality is unbearable... it' ll surely be better but how much? we'll see.

also wtf at 'him' doing the clothes aswell

Cool! Thanks for the pictures, can't await to see the whole collection!

wow! i did not see this one coming. clothes are totally different to shoes.. even bags don't come close.
i do hope they make something decent in quality cause the designs look promising

Interesting collaboration but not for me.

and i bet my H&M will not carry it. UGH!
at him designing the clothes: well, he has his bag and accessory line, i would imagine it's a safer way to try designing clothes too. Just to see if people will like them!

i was going to post this. that's very interestig.... but i deeply FEAR for the quality of the shoes. hm shoes' quality is unbearable... it' ll surely be better but how much? we'll see.

also wtf at 'him' doing the clothes aswell
I don't know if you actually own any, but H&M make very decent shoes. I have been very happy with mine, and I own 5 pairs from H&M.

Hmm, I quite like the look of the black pair...and I am definitely intrigued to see what the clothes will look like. I expect this collaboration will sell out almost instantly knowing previous collabs, and having never tried H&M shoes, I hope that the quality is on par, and better than previous collaborations.
I'll definitely be looking out for this when it hits the stores....if any around me will be lucky enough to stock it!

another pic courtesy of H&M

im not too excited. it will only be in a few stores in the US.

Attachments

• choo.jpg
    choo.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32
a closeup of another pair (nitrolicious.com)
i guess i like this one the best. they all look rickety though.

Attachments

• choo2.jpg
    choo2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 18
Alert. Perhaps the shoes will only be in a few stores out of the ones that are carrying the collaboration. :rolleyes: perhaps they want the focus to be on the clothes. its a classic bait and switch.

story from times online.

It follows a recent high street trend for teaming up with celebrities and designers. TopShop has worked with supermodel Kate Moss and Sixties icon Celia Birtwell while Mango has worked with actress Penelope Cruz.
Previous designer lines for H&M have been distributed to as few as 15 stores around the country and have seen customers queuing from the early hours to buy items of clothing.
An H&M spokeswoman said the shoes would be limited to selected stores and are expected to cost from £30 for a pair of ballet pumps to £170 for a pair of boots. A pair of ballet flats from this season's main Jimmy Choo collection cost around £245 and a pair of boots around £650. There will also be a men's collection of shoes, bags and accessories.
Mellon said: “Jimmy Choo will bring to H&M a sophisticated, fashion forward, accessible and glamorous collection – the perfect party pieces to buy now and wear out that night.”

Alert. Perhaps the shoes will only be in a few stores out of the ones that are carrying the collaboration.
rolleyes.gif
perhaps they want the focus to be on the clothes. its a classic bait and switch.

That's such a sly move, if it's going to be the case. Jimmy Choo is known for shoes, why torture us like that? From the previews shown so far, I think the shoes are worth lining up for. :smile:

I have to agree the wait would be worth it esp for those shoe fanactics. Though I have to admint I thought this would never happend esp for high end shoe line to work on low mass production of thier product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->