Job Market in Manchester, England - Help

DoubleAgent

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone here is from or knows the market in Manchester, Uk. I am relocating there this summer from Washington DC. Cant wait :smile:

First job choice is to be a modeling agent/booker in one of the dozen or so agencies that I have found. I will email/call them but to be honest I am quite nervous about their openings or ability to take on new employees.

2nd would be a PR agency. There are a few more of these than modeling agencies but I have much less experience in that field. They too are probably not hiring and they might have more competition for the very few openings.

If all else fails grad school?

Any advise, ideas, tips ... warnings?

I have just been living in Manchester and have alot of agency experience yet it was impossible for me to get a job there. The agencies also are not very well known they are all small. Your best hope is to move to London rather than Manchester. Fashion in manc is big but London really is the only place for jobs in both them fields

I live in Manchester and the job scene in general doesn't appear to be good at all here. I don't know about modelling agencies/pr companies but I agree with lovecat that London would prob be a better choice.

I live in Manchester too, although I haven't been here that long. There is little in the field of fashion magazines, modelling agencies. Though there are a few PR agencies.. As for modelling agencies, nothing major just your general anyone who pays can be a model type agency. But could be a good place to start, if you want experience.. x

Thanks guys. I am not so sure I have much of a choice between London or Manchester. If I had it my way it would be London. I am applying to grad school as a back up plan, but I just dont want to do another year of school right now. I guess I will just keep trying, try my best, and pray for luck!

I've lived in Manchester for 20 years. There is a decent creative scene up here and in the North West as a whole and it's growing with the opening of Media City in Salford next year.

Modelling agencies are poor to middle of the road. There's Boss and Industry People (both acceptable places to start at) but afterwards you're going to have to take your career to London. PR is not my area so I'm afraid I can't speak about that. As for schools - we have good ones and big art and design community. Private message me for recommendations or if you have any questions at all about life in Manchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->