John Galliano To Start Men's Wear?

Odd, I thought there already was both John Gallianno homme and Galliano homme... Or is it a press thing/relaunch like Versace's Versus?
But John Gallianno for men is rather bleh, nice suits and some quality basics, but unless somebody loves the print "John Gallianno" in gothic script and weird AND colored prints (John's portrait mostly) allover and everywhere it has not much to offer as is already.

John Galliano started his menswear line with an intimate launch at Harvey Nichols in London for spring/summer 2004, it's really hard to find any images, but I remember distinctly it was loosely inspired by latin dance and bullfighting, if I remember correctly John wore one of the looks to take his bow and the end of his eponymous spring/summer 2004 show.

His first menswear show was the following season for Autumn/Winter 2004 shown in Paris, inspired by among other irreverent references, Boxing and Gigolos.

The collection was sold in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges, with some truly beautiful pieces, still to this day I've never wanted certain items more in my entire life, it was stunning. This carried on for the next few seasons until roughly autumn/winter 2006 where the clothes gradually started to aim at shall we say a less style conscious public to those with more money driven aspirations.

Ok I spent actual hours looking for this, and where do I go and end up find it...? The fashion spot of course! Galliano by John Galliano (his womenswear diffusion line) was launched for spring/summer 2007.

Its still trading, and thus answering all the questions, yes he has done menswear since 2004 and yes he already had a diffusion line, I put the confusion down to bad journalism!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->