Roland Mouret Menswear

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
ok i guess that was the big news of the day (at least for me. who isn't a wwd suscriber - nothing is coming in my google news).

Roland Mouret is launching menswear.

No image yet !

just a galliano oldy to throw the thing, i guess.

Women's Wear Daily might soon be considering a name change: just a week after news broke that French designer Roland Mouret will dress men from next year (...)

Desires for more luxurious men's wear will well be catered for by Mouret, who is planning to sell suits priced from $1,600 to $3,800, starting next spring.

Why this sudden branching out into men's clothing? Simple: "There is a moment in my life that I didn't find at all what I really wanted to wear," Mouret was quoted as saying, even though he doesn't hide his priorities: "I don't want to do catwalk because as much as I like women on the catwalk, I don't like men," he said. "Women walk, men just don't get it."

i also found this (from Dec, 9th 2009)

(...) A tel point que la rumeur circule que Roland Mouret s'attaquerait bientôt à une collection pour hommes.
www.puretrend.com

Celebrities love RM that much, that a rumor is spreading that he may launch a menswear line.

well it seems wwd confirmed it last week ...

i'm finding more and more.
sorry if already known - by the way.

i guess that's the wwd text as i'm only finding this one ... in every sources.
7 December 2009 | By Eve Oxberry

Roland Mouret is to design a menswear collection that will launch in January.

The luxury womenswear designer will introduce a 15-piece collection of men’s tailored clothing and separates, according to reports.

Mouret told WWD that he also expects to begin opening his own stores within three years.

He will initially sell the menswear collection into 10 to 15 of his womenswear accounts and slowly grow the menswear side of the business.

Mouret will show the menswear collection in his Paris showroom in January but does not intend to show menswear on the catwalk.

He said prices will be set somewhere between $1,600 (£978) and $3,800 (£2,322) for a suit.

Mouret added: “A lot of my customers have said, ‘When are you going to do something for men?’. It’s subtle dressing. It’s something that is quite close to my heart.”

Roland Mouret’s general manager Michelle Mahlke said the label’s womenswear sales are expected to reach the £5m mark this year but made no predictions for the menswear business.

drapersonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how well RM's aesthetic and style will translate to menswear. A lot of severe cuts and silhouettes? Ehhh, especially that many men now are experimenting with more romantic soft ways of dressing.

i'm personnaly waiting for a less crazy Thom Browne ...
but I do hope something which is perfectly tailored like Thom B work !!!!!

Mouret will show the menswear collection in his Paris showroom in January but does not intend to show menswear on the catwalk.

Any further news?It's already January now..:woot:

I'm really looking forward to seeing his menswear; he's a very important designer and I hope to see something good and innovative from him.

Plus, statement about men not "getting it" is so true.

it'll be pretty interesting to see what he can do. but i hope he doesn't think he's going to be some kind of answer to raf,ann or rick etc.

i've never been the hugest fan of his. he's very talented in his cutting skills but it always felt it was a bit over-hyped for no reason. it was always a bit one-dimensional for my liking. i can actually think about three or four other designers with equally,or more,impressive cutting techniques than he.

and trust me,leeroi,it's possible to combine those elements with something romantic. that's why i wish boudicca would do menswear.

Well I found this

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/25/fashion/25iht-rrm.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

^and judging by that lone image one can expect it to be very same-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->