Jude Pays Sadie $18 Million...

Exactly! She deserves it and then some! it kills me when people say the woman doesn't need 40k a month. well guess what, if jude or other men don't like it, sue for custody, hell even joint custody. sadie is the one (nanny or not) with these kids 24/7 and yes, if they lived with their father they would have that lifestyle and then some.....it sure isn't her fault or any other woman in her position. how does this make her a bitter golddigger???? who cares what job she has and why would that make this absurd? it still doesnt mean that jude can't shell out bocu bucks for his kids...to maintain the lifestyle they would have if they lived with him...period.

i always say if you have a problem with the way the other parent is raising the children or acting purely for $$$, then demonstrate this to the courts and get custody....but we know how that works, many men don't want that...there's plenty of expenses that comes along with being the custodial parent......never understood why women knock other women when these types of awards are doled out...i can see why men do it.....

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 4 2004, 04:17 PM
i don't think she's a big earner...definitely no where near what he makes...and if my memory serves, she's raising the kids...and they're accustomed to a certain lifestyle...that's not just HER fault. :unsure:
[snapback]385194[/snapback]​

"Law will also pay Frost $45,000 every month to maintain her lifestyle.."

Good lord that's more then what pdiddy pays..

Originally posted by Theory@Oct 4 2004, 10:01 PM
Exactly! She deserves it and then some! it kills me when people say the woman doesn't need 40k a month. well guess what, if jude or other men don't like it, sue for custody, hell even joint custody. sadie is the one (nanny or not) with these kids 24/7 and yes, if they lived with their father they would have that lifestyle and then some.....it sure isn't her fault or any other woman in her position. how does this make her a bitter golddigger???? who cares what job she has and why would that make this absurd? it still doesnt mean that jude can't shell out bocu bucks for his kids...to maintain the lifestyle they would have if they lived with him...period.

i always say if you have a problem with the way the other parent is raising the children or acting purely for $$$, then demonstrate this to the courts and get custody....but we know how that works, many men don't want that...there's plenty of expenses that comes along with being the custodial parent......never understood why women knock other women when these types of awards are doled out...i can see why men do it.....
[snapback]385525[/snapback]​

My viewpoint is this:

I don't know for sure HOW he raises their kids, but if they didn't have a $45,000 a month lifestyle, then the money is (at least, not to me, in this case) not warranted. Plus, the comment never stipulates that the money goes to their children, but rather, that SHE gets $45,000 to maintain HER lifestyle. He probably would've paid an extra supplement to that for their children. (He seems like a devoting enough father). Besides, the flat honest fact is that they settled and she receieved $18 million.

I "knocked" another woman because in this case, personally, I don't see the necessity of this action, if it so had happened that she would've gotten half of his earninings and $45,000 each month. I can understand the trauma of divorce, etc, but I also think that LOGICALLY, she's already QUITE a lucrative businesswoman and his $18 million dollar payout will well suit her needs, without her prior demands for cash from the guy to pay for her lifestyle? I think it's a littllllee ridiculous, and I'd say the SAME THING if the situation were reversed. I don't think someone who makes a fair amount of money per-year (let's say, over $100,000 a year, as I know people who maintain very comfortable lifestyles on that amount of money) should get such a large payoff.

I know plenty of people who maintain a very comfortable lifestyle on $100,000+ a YEAR, and she gets $45,000 a month when she's already part of FrostFrench? I could understand it if she didn't work and couldn't support the children, but she can...

Besides, they DO share custody of the children, so obviously both take care of their children. It's not as if she is the sole supporter.

However, if it were to be proven that she pretty much supported everyone for a number of years, then I would be inclined to say that she does deserve the money - but at this point, with her own earnings, I think that they'd do fine with some payments from Jude for his children, but not necessarily for her, as she does seem to be financially viable with FrostFrench.

But as I said, if this were reversed, I'd still think the demands were rather unreasonable. Don't get me wrong, I used to like her (FrostFrench does have some nice stuff) but her demands made me think that she was being quite unreasonable. :: shrugs ::

It has nothing to do with gender - it has to do with money...

Pretty much all this comes down to is a difference of opinion - I think she could get less, some people believe more. But it's up to the courts and the people involved to settle it. :smile:

Originally posted by Misako@Oct 4 2004, 11:37 PM
Pretty much all this comes down to is a difference of opinion - I think she could get less, some people believe more. But it's up to the courts and the people involved to settle it. :smile:
[snapback]385614[/snapback]​

i think that the people against this type of thing are against the idea of alimony and child support in general. yes, both she and her kids were used to a certain lifestyle because of jude. a divorce is not supposed to ruin your life or wreck how you have chosen to live it. and you guys have to be kidding about that fledgling brand frostfrench, right? it's doubtful she was paid much more than a nominal fee...it's more of a pet project than anything.

Originally posted by Misako@Oct 3 2004, 11:45 PM
According to news at IMDB.com...

Law Pays Out $18 Million to Ex Frost:
Hollywood heart-throb Jude Law has agreed to pay ex-wife Sadie Frost $18 million after she threatened to go after half of everything he earns.
[snapback]384635[/snapback]​

She doesn't have to "threaten." British divorce laws are some of the most stringent in the world. The person who earns less (usually the ex-wife) is legally entitled to half whether she wants it or not. There are always extra stipulations when young children are involved.

The media always spins stuff and mis-educates people with their irresponsible journalism... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Terrima183@Oct 6 2004, 12:58 AM
She doesn't have to "threaten." British divorce laws are some of the most stringent in the world. The person who earns less (usually the ex-wife) is legally entitled to half whether she wants it or not. There are always extra stipulations when young children are involved.

The media always spins stuff and mis-educates people with their irresponsible journalism... :rolleyes:
[snapback]387055[/snapback]​

Hmm, that's interesting.

I don't think it's quite the same here in the states - my next door neighbour is a divorce lawyer, so I hear some bits and pieces about legislation from her every once in a while.

I think to have one flat law like such would be nice, as it's clear, and not open to as much subjective talk had it been different.

Jude has to pay over $40K a month to maintain HER lifestyle- this is for Sadie and not his kids, who from what I understand, spend half their time w/ Jude.

So Jude is paying for her scary looking boyfriend's rent, his food, his flights, her 30 trips to where ever w/ Kate and crew, her drunken parties and orgies. :ninja:

If you check IMDB you will see Sadie has made just as many films as Jude and Jude's last 5 were after their seperation. Jude has only been making big money for the last 4 years at most and most of them were small supporting parts. Unsure how much he was actually bringing home but I bet it's less than the divorce settlement. Rumor was he was set to do the new Batman movie b/c he knew he had a big divorce settlement coming up.

But if I was in Sadie's position I would grab for the money too. esp. after reading reports that's she's in debt and FrostFrench is bleeding red. Sad situation really.

Originally posted by PoppyAzure@Oct 6 2004, 11:57 AM
Jude has to pay over $40K a month to maintain HER lifestyle- this is for Sadie and not his kids, who from what I understand, spend half their time w/ Jude.

So Jude is paying for her scary looking boyfriend's rent, his food, his flights, her 30 trips to where ever w/ Kate and crew, her drunken parties and orgies. :ninja:

If you check IMDB you will see Sadie has made just as many films as Jude and Jude's last 5 were after their seperation. Jude has only been making big money for the last 4 years at most and most of them were small supporting parts. Unsure how much he was actually bringing home but I bet it's less than the divorce settlement. Rumor was he was set to do the new Batman movie b/c he knew he had a big divorce settlement coming up.

But if I was in Sadie's position I would grab for the money too. esp. after reading reports that's she's in debt and FrostFrench is bleeding red. Sad situation really.
[snapback]387468[/snapback]​

thanks for the info...nothing like a good scandal, is there?

Originally posted by impossibleprincess+Oct 4 2004, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(impossibleprincess @ Oct 4 2004, 05:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sadie just goes to prove the "hell hath no fury..." line. It must really sting being traded in for a younger , prettier, more "now" model. :ninja: :innocent:

Ouch, i got my claws out today, not usually this bitchy, i promise. :blush: :wink:
[snapback]384923[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-helena
@Oct 4 2004, 05:09 PM
why are women so bitchy about other women who have had a hard time? I don't understand.
[snapback]384927[/snapback]​
[/quote]

look, due respect, that comment was probably aimed at me, but at heart I'm really a girl's girl-BUT i happen to know sadie is an absolute b*tch, for a fact. That's why I said it-because I know she's not a very nice person and so I do find it hard to have any sympathy for her. I also like Sienna, so that's why I was nice about her. I like Jude, because I know he's a very nice person. If it was anyone other than Sadie, I would feel sorry for her, and I would say so. But I do know that that marriage breaking up was as much Sadie as it was Jude's fault, no matter what she would have everyone else believe.

Originally posted by Terrima183@Oct 6 2004, 12:58 AM

[snapback]387055[/snapback]​

You're wrong. There is much more to the law than that with taking earnings, inheritence, number of children, childrens ages and savings into consideration. A little reasoning can just show how idiotic that law you just stated would be. For example; If Stuart made 500,000 a year and his wife Jane made 480,000 a year and had inherited 2 million from her father there is no way that a court would grand her half of Stuarts yearly earnings.

Also lets say Stuart is a trust fund kind and earns 200$ a year but has a ton of money in trust funds and in his bank account does that mean that Jane only gets 100$ or maybe she'll have to pay him because she made 40,000?

In any case $18 million is what Jude makes with one movie. I think he'll survive.

And don’t forget other assets such as estates and race horses.

Simply narrowing down a law to "Wage A > Wage B therefore 1/2 of wage A goes to Wage B" is just ridiculous.

Originally posted by CelineChic@Oct 19 2004, 10:04 AM
You're wrong. There is much more to the law than that with taking earnings, inheritence, number of children, childrens ages and savings into consideration. A little reasoning can just show how idiotic that law you just stated would be. For example; If Stuart made 500,000 a year and his wife Jane made 480,000 a year and had inherited 2 million from her father there is no way that a court would grand her half of Stuarts yearly earnings.

Also lets say Stuart is a trust fund kind and earns 200$ a year but has a ton of money in trust funds and in his bank account does that mean that Jane only gets 100$ or maybe she'll have to pay him because she made 40,000?

In any case $18 million is what Jude makes with one movie. I think he'll survive.
[snapback]401676[/snapback]​

Actually, although I was vague, I'm still right. You can take it up with the Economist (Issue# 2or3 July 2004) if you still disagree. There was nothing idiotic about stating a generalized law that is acutally used quite frequently in British court rooms. Although it is rare that an ex recieves exactly half of their spouses yearly earnings, they are far more likely to receive a considerable fraction if they were married in the UK. I'm also an economics major with a focus on international finance so thanks for the break down but it didn't do anything but further flesh out my post.

Just to lighten up the disscusion,Id like to say you'd have to pay me all the money in the world to raise Jude Law's 3 kids! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->